Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DPS operatives gone from Warzones?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
DPS operatives gone from Warzones?

warultima
09.30.2012 , 03:30 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Dracadian View Post
Yea I hate to say it but Concealment is dead. I for one who is a DPS Op "Concealment" find it very hard in PVP to even stay alive long enough to get kills. By the time i open up with Hidden Strike I would already have 2-3 Juggs leaping to me. And Yes as Concealment we Def haven't had a damn update on our skills to even make it fun anymore to be Concealment. What Bioware is thinking is beyond me. Even with WH gear i drop like a bad habit. Something really needs to be done with this spec or else whats the point of being concealment. Sure having the new talent Ghost is kinda fun but it makes no Big Impact what so ever to compensate our DPS. I for one am still trying to keep my hopes up on a future update but am slowly loosing the will to even play it anymore.
The only true defense CD operative have is 3 second evasion that doesnt even work against LoLSmash since those are force attacks.

Also Operative is THE one and only melee AC in the entire game of SWTOR that doesnt get a 30% AoE damage reduction talent as well.

But hey you get to run faster at 50% bonus speed for 6 seconds now...
Actually DPS operatives probably should be thankful that 1.4 is the very 1st major patch in the entire history of SWTOR that didnt nerf them directly.
| Lv50 Madness Sorc | Lv50 Annihilation Marauder |
| Lv50 Pyrotech Power Tech | Lv50 Medicine Operative |
| Lv50 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Lv 26 Darkness Assassin |

Burgdawg
10.04.2012 , 11:18 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by warultima View Post
The only true defense CD operative have is 3 second evasion that doesnt even work against LoLSmash since those are force attacks.

Also Operative is THE one and only melee AC in the entire game of SWTOR that doesnt get a 30% AoE damage reduction talent as well.

But hey you get to run faster at 50% bonus speed for 6 seconds now...
Actually DPS operatives probably should be thankful that 1.4 is the very 1st major patch in the entire history of SWTOR that didnt nerf them directly.
At least 1.4 saw a nerf to some AOE, not lolsmash, but some.
Mace Windu: "I'm a prophet. I can see the future..." Thug: "Sure you can. What do you see?" Mace Windu: "You. Bleeding." ―Mace Windu and a very unfortunate thug

randiesel
10.04.2012 , 02:05 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Banezza View Post
Once again, stop whining about dps operatives, and LEARN to play them
I completely agree, we are deadly as hell in the right hands. I don't have any trouble personally taking anybody, except an OP vanguard or lately nice seen some *extremelwy* well-played PDs sages (like top 1%) of their tier, most are a breeze.

However, the skill required to be successful is mug higher at this point in time, which is why you just don't see a lot of us. I'd rather not go back to the days where ppl cried about us double-HS them to death, but it really is being too neglected.

Especially when I have to pull out all the stops to get 500-600k a game and even just a casual vanguard or fairly good sage can pull 800k+ and still have the time to type out nasty comments while *Charlie Sheen* "Winning!".

Again, don't have any problems on mine, but class balance is hardly being addressed and Concealment Ops are OBVIOUSLY being neglected. Hi'de did have a good post on another threa that we are deadly in the right hands, but we're an easy target to those who still need to L2P or even gear up.

Vykran
10.04.2012 , 11:06 PM | #24
Well unfortunately, and don't get me wrong I still love playing my Op and think they're awesome DPS, we don't have the DPS that we should have. There are Juggs and Maras that hit 5-7k crits with one AoE and people used to complain about our Hidden Strike hitting 4-5k. And you know what the worst part is? They keep buffing warriors and nerfing Ops so basically they're taking away our DPS and giving it to classes that don't necessarily need it because of their survivability. Not to mention the fact that our biggest nerf happened before they seperated 50s from lowbie PvP so the nerf was kind of skewed and uncalled for. Something needs to change in that equation.

tatatan
10.05.2012 , 12:28 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by randiesel View Post
I completely agree, we are deadly as hell in the right hands. I don't have any trouble personally taking anybody, except an OP vanguard or lately nice seen some *extremelwy* well-played PDs sages (like top 1%) of their tier, most are a breeze.

However, the skill required to be successful is mug higher at this point in time, which is why you just don't see a lot of us. I'd rather not go back to the days where ppl cried about us double-HS them to death, but it really is being too neglected.

Especially when I have to pull out all the stops to get 500-600k a game and even just a casual vanguard or fairly good sage can pull 800k+ and still have the time to type out nasty comments while *Charlie Sheen* "Winning!".

Again, don't have any problems on mine, but class balance is hardly being addressed and Concealment Ops are OBVIOUSLY being neglected. Hi'de did have a good post on another threa that we are deadly in the right hands, but we're an easy target to those who still need to L2P or even gear up.
Noone's whining you morons.
Go back to my post and read it. I just pointed out that that to meet DPS op is rarity. Maybe not the concealments lately, as they try the new things that got in last patch.
I'm fed up with you selfcentered e-egos.
I'm doing fine, fine, yeah, baby, yeah, L2P u newb!!!

Did you note in my post talking about *myself* how i do in warzones? No. I talked about COMMUNITY. But it'd take prolly great deal of you're brain capacity to stop think about yourself for while and think about others for change.

Now You stop whining about how *YOU* do fine. *No**one**care*.

Go and make your own "I'm doing fine" thread, post there your videos from ranked WZs, just like the 'Justbody' did and you'll have my respect.