Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Still Stuttering after new patch 1.4.0b

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Still Stuttering after new patch 1.4.0b
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Styxx
10.04.2012 , 04:13 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by HelinCarnate View Post
Anyone got a vid of the studder so people can see what we are talking about? I tried to fraps mine and as soon as I hit record the studder went away and came back the instant I stopped recording.
How to explain it... it`s like a GPU that can`t cope with the load = think a severely underpowered PC with maxed Crysis. Only, instead of lowered FPS, it gives a low FPS behavior, which, in my case, is doing it without even dropping FPS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNEh5ju01F0

Like in this video.. see the "big graphic jumps"? It`s doing that at max FPS - 0.7 for instance. Now imagine that "big graphic jump" done in everything you do.
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello View Post
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.

Metalmac
10.04.2012 , 07:03 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by HelinCarnate View Post
Anyone got a vid of the studder so people can see what we are talking about? I tried to fraps mine and as soon as I hit record the studder went away and came back the instant I stopped recording.
I could not use Hypercam as it just disabled the mouse so I could not even get out of SWTOR.

Even Control+ALT+Delete would not work. What ever they did really screwed up even making a video.

Which is odd as before 1.4 I made many videos of PVP and posted them on Youtube.

BioWare really messed up the game and my computer. Works fine except for SWTOR, crappy programmers?

mcpuckett
10.04.2012 , 04:16 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings All,

Please go through the following steps, testing the game performance after each. I will outline the steps in order of increasing difficulty/duration to complete.
  • Set shadows to low or off.
  • Turn nameplate scaling off.
  • Delete DiskCacheArena which is by default found at C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Bioware\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor
  • Delete client_settings which is by default found in the settings folder at C:\users\%USERNAME%\appdata\local\SWTOR\swtor\
    When you get in-game, set your graphics options to your preferences.
  • Perform a Clean boot.
  • Perform a clean install of latest non-beta video driver.

Please also see our Senior Community Coordinator Allison Berrymans' post on 1.4 performance issues.

Thank you for your continuing patience regarding this issue.
clean boot and driver re-install makes me feel as if i did something wrong... i don't feel this is the case
For the !

mcpuckett
10.04.2012 , 04:31 PM | #44
fullscreen (windowed) fixed the stutter for me. able to enjoy scaled nameplates again not sure about shadows because i never use them
For the !

Santaro
10.04.2012 , 05:03 PM | #45
I'm so sick of the EA/Bioware answer that they are spewing to everyone. Coming from a technical background and being a network engineer, there is simple solution to the problem which the problem is this...

Bioware/EA made a change in update 1.4 and now numerous clients are being effected, before the patch no issues.

Here is what you do .......

Bioware/EA ready.....

FIX IT

Metalmac
10.04.2012 , 05:41 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Santaro View Post
I'm so sick of the EA/Bioware answer that they are spewing to everyone. Coming from a technical background and being a network engineer, there is simple solution to the problem which the problem is this...

Bioware/EA made a change in update 1.4 and now numerous clients are being effected, before the patch no issues.

Here is what you do .......

Bioware/EA ready.....

FIX IT
Better idea debug before you lose more subs!

Kyuuu
10.04.2012 , 08:13 PM | #47
This game has started FRAMESKIPPING SINCE 1.4 I have 60fps and seem like frames are being dropped constantly that is one part of the stuttering that I noticed.

Bioware need to learn to use the PTS for what is for testing patchs before you screw **** up on live servers

veinman
10.04.2012 , 10:23 PM | #48
We need an update, if not a patch then information. These bugs were introduced after a patch, and replies that indicate "try this" or "modify your settings this way" or "download new drivers" are the *cross your fingers and hope the problem solves itself* method of product support. There really is no excuse for leaving your subscribers in the dark, especially right after your major competitor just released a major content update.

Utinni. :

Nyxxor
10.04.2012 , 10:28 PM | #49
Sounds like im going to have a vacation from tor
Spoiler

Darth-Rammstein
10.04.2012 , 10:55 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Nyxxor View Post
Sounds like im going to have a vacation from tor
Yeah, I haven't played in days because I lost interest. It's no fun playing a game that's lagging even though I'm playing on a system that plays the game on high settings...I've been waiting for a patch and I'm just tired. They have such poor communication on the issue and God knows if and when it will be fixed...
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five