Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can't get past the loading screen

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Can't get past the loading screen
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SpiritOfACowboy
10.04.2012 , 07:38 PM | #1
Right so I got my copy of SWTOR today and I've had to download and undownload it about three times now bacause when I click on the icon to play the game it goes to a screen where it says it's loading, when it's finished loading it lets me click 'PLAY', I do so, my screen flashes black for only a moment and then it acts like I never tryed to play it, through me a bone here or something!

Beesodd
10.04.2012 , 09:50 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello SpiritOfACowboy,

It looks like you may be having a refresh rate/resolution issue. Try the steps below:
  1. Press the [Windows] Key + [R] at the same time. (The [Windows] key is the key with the Windows icon on it)
  2. Copy the following in to the text box and press ok: %localappdata%\swtor\swtor\settings
  3. Open the client_settings.ini file and ensure the following are displayed within, or edit/add if so required:
    • Fullscreen = false
    • D3DFullScreen = false
    • RefreshRate = 60
  4. Save and close the file.
  5. Start the game as normal.
  6. Change graphic settings within the game as desired.
Let us know how you get on. Thanks.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

SpiritOfACowboy
10.04.2012 , 10:43 PM | #3
Well, that helped a little, now I can at least see the game screen, but now it's saying my mouse is about two inches above where my screen shows it, and there is a gape on the right of the screen that shows my background image. Also this is my client_settings file:

[Renderer]
Buckets = 3
D3DFullScreen = false
GraphicsDeviceId = 38474
GraphicsQuality = 3
Height = 1200
MeshLODQuality = 1
NativeHeight = 1200
NativeWidth = 1600
PerfTestFlags = 30327296
SpeedTreeDistanceScale = 1.25
TextureAnisotropy = 16
Width = 1600
CodeVersionChanged = true
LastCodeVersionRun = 1
NewBucket = 3

It's a little different then how you discribed it, for instance, I can't find the 'Fullscreen' deal you talked about, only the 'D3DFullscreen' (witch I set to false) and I can't find the 'Refesh Rate' thing you talked about. If you could tell me how my client_settings file should look, I'd be very greatful.

Beesodd
10.04.2012 , 10:49 PM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
That file looks fine, just missing the Fullscreen and RefreshRate. So just copy them from the post and drop them in the file, and save. Where doesn't matter, as long as it's below [Renderer] and starts from the left of the page.

SpiritOfACowboy
10.04.2012 , 11:10 PM | #5
Thank you! That worked like a charm.

Beesodd
10.04.2012 , 11:12 PM | #6 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
That's great to hear.

Enjoy the game, and if you encounter any further problems, please don't hesitate to post again.