Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I've gone through the first three pages - Queuing for WZ/FPs rationale?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
I've gone through the first three pages - Queuing for WZ/FPs rationale?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SithEater
10.04.2012 , 01:00 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by TommyDe View Post
What we have now was probably the first/quickest solution that popped.
What you've got is how every MMO on the market that has Qs for PVE and PVP do it. I know it seems to make your arguement more valid (even tho it really doesn't) to make it seem like they were simply to lazy to come up with the Q but not really in the Q idea of stacking. Under this solution you'd still take forever to get a FP Q to pop cause PVP pops are dime a dozen and you'd have a cloud of perpetually stuck people in the limbo in-between the two. Dan is #19 and gets out of his PVP Q and gets another 30 seconds later, so he has a whole 30 seconds for the PVE Q to pop before he's back in limbo again.

How is this in anyway a workable solution? How much of the games resources are going to be tied up keeping track of the massive cloud of people in the Q but not really because the are in a PVP match at the same time? Yes eventually they would get lucky and get a pop inbetween the two but in the meantime the only reliable way to get in a PVE grp is too...not Q up for another WZ...just like they are asking you to do now.
Grand Master of the Sword in Box Form of Lightsaber Combat.

-MikeTC-
10.04.2012 , 01:13 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Sorenia View Post
There is an easy solution to both problems. Allow us to keep our position in the queue while in a warzone. If it becomes our "turn" during a warzone then simply allow the next person to go.
That is exactly what would fix all the problems at once ...

Wraiven
10.04.2012 , 01:21 PM | #103
I don't know what's going on here, but this has already been discussed on another thread. The thread I started was moved out of General Discussion and placed in it's proper place. Why exactly did General need another one of these? And why exactly is this thread still in General? This was my thread, that started in General, then was moved.

We have already discussed the pros and cons to death about this subject. Now I have to come to this thread and read 11 pages of the same crap we have already talked about. It's like you guys are living in the dark ages and have yet to catch up to the conversation.

This is what happens when a Mod moves a topic out of it's proper place. It gets unnoticed once it is moved and somebody starts another thread.

Regardless, I hate to see another thread get brought up on this, because that undermines everything that has been discussed in the previous thread. There were a lot of good points made in that thread that will go ignored, due to this thread's existence.

So if you are truly serious about this topic, I ask that you take the time to read some of the points brought up in that other thread that I linked.

Thanks.
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-

iamthehoyden
10.04.2012 , 01:24 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by SithEater View Post
What you've got is how every MMO on the market that has Qs for PVE and PVP do it. I know it seems to make your arguement more valid (even tho it really doesn't) to make it seem like they were simply to lazy to come up with the Q but not really in the Q idea of stacking. Under this solution you'd still take forever to get a FP Q to pop cause PVP pops are dime a dozen and you'd have a cloud of perpetually stuck people in the limbo in-between the two. Dan is #19 and gets out of his PVP Q and gets another 30 seconds later, so he has a whole 30 seconds for the PVE Q to pop before he's back in limbo again.

How is this in anyway a workable solution? How much of the games resources are going to be tied up keeping track of the massive cloud of people in the Q but not really because the are in a PVP match at the same time? Yes eventually they would get lucky and get a pop inbetween the two but in the meantime the only reliable way to get in a PVE grp is too...not Q up for another WZ...just like they are asking you to do now.
You raise a valid point, but this could be solved by simply letting a player know where they are in queue. If a queue would have popped for them while they were in a wz, let them know so they can refrain from queuing for another wz. I'd suggest that once a fp queue would have popped once for them, it would make sense that if they queue for another wz at that point, they be taken out of fp queue because otherwise people may just sit in fp queue at the top of the list for an indefinite amount of time.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

TommyDe
10.04.2012 , 01:32 PM | #105

Well I can only speak for myself, but under the old system when a FP popped for me and was declined by someone else, I completely stopped queuing for WZ's knowing I was at the top of the list. For the times when I had to decline because I was in a WZ I would again stop queuing for anything but FP's afterward because I could see they were popping. For me the solution would work.

I can't imagine it would take more resources then keeping track of all the people that queue now anyways. It's the same population size, and the way they have it now is flagging people that are in WZ's so they can't be queued for FP. I can't imagine its that much more to keep everyone in it (like it was before) but just adding a bypass.

I'd be fine with this new way, as long as I could see where I was in the queue. Not knowing if I could spend entire gaming sessions waiting for a FP is enough for me (and I'm sure a good amount of people) to stay out of it completely, which sucks. I like the FP's, but they are not worth spending hours waiting to pop.

I'm just having a hard time seeing the value added with this feature to stop a small fraction of people leaving WZ's

Craftamancer
10.04.2012 , 02:27 PM | #106

Obviously you missed where I wrote about a notification to the player, telling them that they are at the top of the queue.

If they choose to continue pvping instead of waiting for the flashpoint queue at that point in time, that's their problem.

Craftamancer
10.04.2012 , 02:32 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
I don't know what's going on here, but this has already been discussed on another thread. The thread I started was moved out of General Discussion and placed in it's proper place. Why exactly did General need another one of these? And why exactly is this thread still in General? This was my thread, that started in General, then was moved.

We have already discussed the pros and cons to death about this subject. Now I have to come to this thread and read 11 pages of the same crap we have already talked about. It's like you guys are living in the dark ages and have yet to catch up to the conversation.

This is what happens when a Mod moves a topic out of it's proper place. It gets unnoticed once it is moved and somebody starts another thread.

Regardless, I hate to see another thread get brought up on this, because that undermines everything that has been discussed in the previous thread. There were a lot of good points made in that thread that will go ignored, due to this thread's existence.

So if you are truly serious about this topic, I ask that you take the time to read some of the points brought up in that other thread that I linked.

Thanks.
Seriously, as much as I think that the queue problem can be easily solved (see my suggestion above if you like), your entire post screams "look at me! I'm important!". A simple post stating that "There are some more good ideas regarding this topic here "Link", would have been FAR more effective. As it is, I now have zero interest to go back and read your link.

Wraiven
10.04.2012 , 02:59 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Craftamancer View Post
Seriously, as much as I think that the queue problem can be easily solved (see my suggestion above if you like), you're entire post screams "look at me! I'm important!". A simple post stating that "There are some more good ideas regarding this topic here "Link", would have been FAR more effective. As it is, I now have zero interest to go back and read your link.
It's not a matter of screaming anything other than the fact that posts are removed consistently from General Discussion, when others are allowed to stay. It's a matter of injustice than anything else. If my thread was left where it should have been left, (In general discussion) we would have never had this issue to begin with, and most likely could have had a solid fix to the problem by now. Instead, we have threads being removed (I suspect to keep us quiet) and placed in sections where hardly anyone look at them.

And to be quite honest, we have a search function on these boards for a reason. If the OP had simply used it like everyone else, he would have found the thread that was already in progress and could have continued the conversation there. It's what the search function is for, and to make new threads on topics already in heavy discussion, usually get deleted, not moved.

I'm not going to apologize for somebody else who breaks forum rules in regards to making threads on topics that already exist.
-FIGHT-

-MikeTC-
10.04.2012 , 03:18 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
If my thread was left where it should have been left, (In general discussion) we would have never had this issue to begin with, and most likely could have had a solid fix to the problem by now.
While I agree completely with you on the subject of the queues, this is purest nonsense. It furthers your cause, when there are more threads about this. because the higher the waves this thing is causing, the more attention it'll get from devs. Secondly we won't make a fix whatsoever, we can only make our voices heard and hope for some backpedaling on the issue.

And on a more personal note, it really makes you sound puffed up...

Wraiven
10.04.2012 , 03:25 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by -MikeTC- View Post
While I agree completely with you on the subject of the queues, this is purest nonsense. It furthers your cause, when there are more threads about this. because the higher the waves this thing is causing, the more attention it'll get from devs. Secondly we won't make a fix whatsoever, we can only make our voices heard and hope for some backpedaling on the issue.

And on a more personal note, it really makes you sound puffed up...
To be fair...and let's think about this for a moment, this thread and my thread belong in General Discussion. It's not just about PvE queues, it's about PvP queues as well. This *is* a general topic. Sadly, like I already said, the Moderators for some reason move them to this forum. Why not the PvP forum?

Technically, there is no such thing as a general thread, because judging by what the Moderators do, any topic at all can be moved to another location. But whatever, like I said, I have a feeling they do this to keep us quiet.
-FIGHT-