Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How to change Map size?

Impiwan
04.13.2012 , 09:14 PM | #1
I like now being able to set the Global UI to its largest size, however when I open my map, I would like that to size so that I can close it and see the guide etc. Currently with my UI I cannot even close the map. it is so overscaled. How do you adjust the open map, while keeping the rest of the UI large and readable?

WomanOfHeart
04.13.2012 , 09:32 PM | #2
When you open the Interface Editor, click on the Mini-Map Box in the bottom left corner. In the Interface Editor box, you should see Mini-Map in the bottom box. You can adjust the Scale of the Mini-Map to make it smaller. Click Save when you're happy with the size, and you're done!

Hope this helps!
To mistake kindness for weakness is a bad omen.

Impiwan
04.13.2012 , 09:43 PM | #3
No, I mean the Map, when you open your map to full screen. It is larger than my screen and I do not know how to adjust that.

Set your global size to the largest, then save, then open your map, to see what I mean.

Not the min-map, I have that sized just fine.

dosadnik
04.14.2012 , 12:12 AM | #4
Currently you can only move secondary windows. You can't resize them. They'll put it in eventually.

Impiwan
04.14.2012 , 09:55 AM | #5
That is what I was afraid of.... so to get what I want, I would need to individually upsize each UI component, so that the map is not giant sized?

dosadnik
04.14.2012 , 10:12 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Impiwan View Post
That is what I was afraid of.... so to get what I want, I would need to individually upsize each UI component, so that the map is not giant sized?
I guess so.

Triyton
10.04.2012 , 02:58 PM | #7
This is still a problem. It seems like a simple fix to make the MAIN map size changeable so that I can keep it from running off my screen. As it is, anything on the bottom edge of the map I can not see, so it is not a trivial issue. Please address this after fixing the post 1.4 bugs.

Thank you

Racadoo
05.18.2013 , 03:45 AM | #8
I also have this map edges issue. It bothered me enough to google this thread and plea for a fix.

Gneg
05.29.2013 , 08:11 PM | #9
I also want this issue fixed. It does seem really trivial to take care of. For those of us playing on larger screen sizes, we have no choice but to increase the global UI scale because we can't adjust text (another thing that should be fixed by now).

Please Bioware, fix these issues. I love the game, and I still subscribe, but these issues make me wonder why I am still subscribed.

FrancKaos
02.02.2014 , 03:32 AM | #10
Search came up with this thread and it appears one year on this issue is still around. I actually asked the online help team about this and got a seemingly robot response to type my suggestions in this forum where it would be seen by developers and worked on.
Hey developers, on modern TVs you have a choice in this game of the text being illegibly small or losing sides of the map offscreen because it can't be resized - it's been two years (not for me, I've just subscribed for two months) - cool game, apart from this issue.
It's ridiculous that I have to change the UI to size 1 every time I need to see the bottom of the map then rechange it to 1,5 to read the chatbox.
Franc Kaos.