Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

TFB HM Loot tables

Kophar
10.04.2012 , 02:53 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Lostpenguins View Post
If they haven't completed HM EC yet, then they don't have the gear from it yet meaning they still need to farm HM EC. That's called "progression". It goes HM EC, THEN HM TFB / NiM EC. Can't just get to lvl 50 and expect to clear out HM EC, can you?

Sounds to me like your guild doesn't have EC HM on farm yet which means not everyone is geared out in full lvl 61 gear with matching weapons, right? If I'm right, then you're not ready for HM TFB yet.
Didnt i just told you that we killed 1st boss of TFB HM? Am i even talking about ops difficulty? NO. Actually i even said the difficulty was fine for TFB HM and it shouldnt be changed, i guess ure mistaken me with someones reply.

As for the bosses dropping one token item, that is pretty lame, considering how bad the itemization the loot is. It is dumb to throttle the loot but not the ability to clear. Meaning the raids are still too easy. Our guild cleared HM TFB in the first week, then on "Loot Tuesday" we cleared it in one night. Um... lolwhat? I'm not saying this to brag because there are a number of guilds that cleared HM TFB first or second night of release. We weren't even server first. I'm just telling all of this to put it into context.

Right now, we're stuck to getting 5 token pieces for 8 raid members per week because they haven't released EC NiM yet. Yeah, it'll be good to be able to do 2 nights of raiding for clearing (course that'll probably be back to 1 night once we're able to go faster and faster) and 10 pieces of look per week, but I'm not every excited about seeing EC NiM. Sure the mechanics may be different, but we've spent so many hours in there that seeing the same pixels on the screen will suuuuuuuucccccck.
Exactly, now youre getting there
I saw a dark explosion. I sensed a power within. I felt the urge, the rage, the power... I AM REBORN!!

Lostpenguins
10.04.2012 , 03:18 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Kophar View Post
Did i just told you that we killed 1st boss of TFB HM? Am i even talking about ops difficulty? NO. Actually i even said the difficulty was fine for TFB HM and it shouldnt be changed, i guess ure mistaken me with someones reply.
No, I'm not. You stated that the gear in HM TFB sucks. I agree it sucks for the fact that it's one token per boss, but I was contradicting you about NiM EC. You were mentioning how can people be expected to do NiM EC for Dread gear when they haven't finish HM EC. My point was that if they haven't completed EC HM yet, then they haven't gotten all the gear from there, so there's no need to work on NiM EC or HM TFB. Thats all.

In the end, yes, 1 item drop per boss of token loot is dumb, but only because it's not BiS. If we could do what I think WoW does with "reforging" to get the exact stats we want on a mod then I'd be perfectly happy with it. But knowing that it's better for me to win a belt for someone to RE it in hopes of getting the 1 +Power/Str Mod Lvl 63 instead of farming 10 belts for BiS... well, that's just stupid itemization and loot distribution.

Twolightsabers
10.04.2012 , 04:25 PM | #23
This is my 1st post making a critic on this game, they touched on something they dnt needed to touch. The loot quantity was balanced. The loot tier drops were crap but we can perfectly live with that.
Those that whine cause they geared up fast are/were just trolling.
And i would appreciate it m8y if you would take the sarcasm out of your replys, i believe you dnt have the need for it. You arent replying to a hater here man, chill.
First post or 101st post, you're way overdramatic about how the loot is. Acting like the world's ending because you only got one drop is going to get you replys like these. I lost count of how many exclamation points !!!!!! you used in your post. Does the loot distribution in this game suck? Yes, but !!!!!! isn't going to make it better.

Flying-Brian
10.04.2012 , 05:05 PM | #24
The loot table should be evened out, and the RNG drops from the last two bosses needed to be removed. If they changed it to where the last two bosses dropped both items (and not a chance for 1 or the other), there would then be 8 items that drop in the raid, which would even things out and put it back on an 8 week progression to get a group geared from it. Then the farming could start due to the poor itemization of the gear.

Kophar
10.04.2012 , 05:06 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Larry_Dallas View Post
Thread's sort of gone off topic. If OPs are too difficult, that's sort of a different issue from the drops, which, I'm in total agreement with TC are insufficient. I just don't understand how Bioware could get so much right with the method of acquiring black hole/campaign gear and then switch to this.

Someone said it would take 8 weeks to gear up a raid. That's not out of the ordinary. But suppose the raid has 4 marauders and subs in nobody. Since each marauder requires 8 belts (most-needed mod is only available in the belt), it would take about 36 weeks for them to gear up--and this is assuming nobody gets subbed in or out ever. And that's also assuming Tanks or healers don't also have their most-needed mod in a belt, which they may very well.
Yep, i wasnt talking bout how hard the ops are, i am talking bout loot numbers in TFB HM.
I said 8 weeks making the math of 1 item per boss, times 8 members, its 8 weeks but for example on the 1st boss of TFB HM, DG set doesnt drop AT ALL. It only drops Hazmant crap and its totally class random.
Meaning if a guild would be only able to pass through that 1st boss most probably it would take them 3-4 months untill the 8 players have all same item piece from that 1 boss and that my friends is a lot of bull.
I saw a dark explosion. I sensed a power within. I felt the urge, the rage, the power... I AM REBORN!!

Kophar
10.04.2012 , 05:09 PM | #26
In the end, yes, 1 item drop per boss of token loot is dumb, but only because it's not BiS. If we could do what I think WoW does with "reforging" to get the exact stats we want on a mod then I'd be perfectly happy with it. But knowing that it's better for me to win a belt for someone to RE it in hopes of getting the 1 +Power/Str Mod Lvl 63 instead of farming 10 belts for BiS... well, that's just stupid itemization and loot distribution.
Yep and thats what were talking bout.
Reguarding EC NM what i was saying was that its just dumb to force players to go to a content that they have been farming over and over for over 2-3 months to complement new content, that is just terrible, terrible loot table design and its getting worse and worse, sigh...

Kophar
10.04.2012 , 05:10 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Twolightsabers View Post
First post or 101st post, you're way overdramatic about how the loot is. Acting like the world's ending because you only got one drop is going to get you replys like these. I lost count of how many exclamation points !!!!!! you used in your post. Does the loot distribution in this game suck? Yes, but !!!!!! isn't going to make it better.
O.o, ... what???... sigh /ignored

Twolightsabers
10.04.2012 , 07:52 PM | #28
O.o, ... what???... sigh /ignored
My heart is broken "M8y."

AshlaBoga
10.04.2012 , 09:23 PM | #29
It only took 8-12 HM EC runs to have BiS (you needed the Black Hole Armouring off Kephess to be viable for you class) and only because of Bracers/Belts. If you ignored those it only took 8 runs to get BiS.

They're doubling that for HM TfB so it will take 16-24 (2-5 months). Hopefully they'll release Nightmare EC around mid-December (SWTOR Anniversary, Dec 20?). So given the decrease in gear I suspect Nightmare TfB won't be out until February or March
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

ElitehunterDS
10.04.2012 , 09:26 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
They're doubling that for HM TfB so it will take 16-24 (2-5 months). Hopefully they'll release Nightmare EC around mid-December (SWTOR Anniversary, Dec 20?). So given the decrease in gear I suspect Nightmare TfB won't be out until February or March
i dont expect TFB NiM anytime in the near future.

Quote: Originally Posted by thierryfying View Post
IF they have not cleared EC HM, they should NOT be doing TFB HM.

iF they're not doing TFB HM, and later on EC Nightmare, then they should NOT be receiving dread guard gear.

Now, you mention incentives.

BW has already stated that EC nightmare will complement TFB HM in terms of gearing (rank 63). Translation: they will drop the same loot rank.

IF they give a full dread guard set in TFB HM, what is the incentive for doing EC Nightmare?
Well said, the only thing i have against the first boss is him, dropping only 1 piece of the worst garbage i ever seen.
http://db.darthhater.com/items/45995...ers_mk_2_vest/
Like this for example, worth a RE thats it.
Retiring from SWTOR August 2013

Sev'ra Level 55 Sith Assassin {Deception spec}
Tempest (Prophecy of the Five)