Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why all the crying?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why all the crying?

cycao
10.04.2012 , 12:58 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
I love the resolve changes... if my CC break is on cool down, I now have time to go make a sammich.
Interesting, I shotgun a beer but to each their own I guess.

Zovyn
10.04.2012 , 01:21 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Soljin View Post
This is funny stuff...I dont doubt you dont understand why all the tears...Your playing the AC that cannot be leapt, pulled and has the Longest CC immunity in the game.....This is kinda a given that the resolve changes havnt affected you as badly as the other AC's that have zero CC immunity.....can get leapt, and pulled...and now this happens in a chain...Its sooo fun.

Meanwhile the sniper does not experience any of this....Not to be a smart alec but....Hello captain Obvious!
Perfect reply!

+1
¶█╬╬╬╬╬╬°¯°█}[████████████████████████████████████)

Cybridwarform
10.04.2012 , 01:39 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Zovyn View Post
Perfect reply!

+1
I didn't reply to this earlier because i don't cater to bad leapers who don't know how to line of sight a sniper in order to close in and get in combat. Or better yet, leap to someone else that is close to me in order to engage me. But hey, if u need to mash more than 1 button to play a mara or jugg ur doing it wrong right? God forbid u should have to use ur own 2 feet to reach your target, or find clever ways to close a range gap by line of sight. LOL!

All that high flying jumping is thinning the oxygen upstairs huh?
How is it again? leap/ravage. obliterate/enrage/smash. LOL so bad.

-Such a hard and complex rotations, how do u ever survive without leap? Thanks for the laughs tho i needed work humor.
Agent: What if i brought you flowers?
Kaliyo
: I would go find a man instead.
-A true woman.

L-RANDLE
10.04.2012 , 01:46 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Cybridwarform View Post
I didn't reply to this earlier because i don't cater to bad leapers who don't know how to line of sight a sniper in order to close in and get in combat. Or better yet, leap to someone else that is close to me in order to engage me. But hey, if u need to mash more than 1 button to play a mara or jugg ur doing it wrong right? God forbid u should have to use ur own 2 feet to reach your target, or find clever ways to close a range gap by line of sight. LOL!

All that high flying jumping is thinning the oxygen upstairs huh?
How is it again? leap/ravage. obliterate/enrage/smash. LOL so bad.

-Such a hard and complex rotations, how do u ever survive without leap? Thanks for the laughs tho i needed work humor.
And how "complicated" is yours exactly when you don't even have to bother moving most of the time.....

****Alert: Unauthorized camper detected****
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

foxmob
10.04.2012 , 01:51 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
I love the resolve changes... if my CC break is on cool down, I now have time to go make a sammich.
lol - ok. srsly...if anything undeniably good has come out of patch 1.4, it's that I'm laughing out loud at least once every day on the forum. lol

well played, sir. well played.
Krackerjäck VG | Krackerjak PT | Krackcommando | Deinon Merc | other stuff on Jedi Covenant.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

Cybridwarform
10.04.2012 , 01:53 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
And how "complicated" is yours exactly when you don't even have to bother moving most of the time.....

****Alert: Unauthorized camper detected****

must be hard hitting a stationary target i hear...

If it makes u feel better since i started this thread i picked up my merc again... -I still say theres 0 problems in PVP. -hmmm.. must be all those OP mercs now too huh?
Agent: What if i brought you flowers?
Kaliyo
: I would go find a man instead.
-A true woman.

RyderQuanTy
10.04.2012 , 02:21 PM | #57
First off let me say i play a vigilance guardian and have since launch. Now i toatly agree with the OP. The combat disighn of pvp is ment for a team oriented game and everyone that comes here to QQ complains about how they peform and others peform 1v1 and how bad they are in a paticular situation. The game is 8v8 not 1v1x8 Since launch I have never seeen a sage use rescue to pull a melee team mate in to engage the melee attacker. Not once have i seen a merc of sage use their cleans to stop a rage jug or pt from getting their proc or remove a stun. Not once have i seen a sage use rescue to pull a stunned player to safty.

Stop with the qq about whats bad and talk stratigy. Try being positive for a secound and talk about what abilities you have and how they can help the team because many of the abilities and classes are buit around the team concept and if people use their tool many of things people are complaining about have a counter.

If people put more effort in to discussing how to use the tools they have and play as a team they will find that the combat and layout of the maps in this game is increadibly tatical
" The force is only for defence. There is no why"

RyderQuanTy
10.04.2012 , 02:28 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by SovereignConvict View Post
I play the following: Sentinel, Sage, Commando, Gunslinger, Assassin, and Powertech. Soon, I'll be adding in the others I haven't gotten to yet, too. I've played them all a bit, but those are the ones I've done at least a fair amount of PvP on.

No offense to Snipers out there, but pre 1.4 I thought they were one of the most underpowered classes. Post 1.4, I think they're a bit better now. Not OP, but better.

Since Sages/Sorcs got nerfed in 1.2, I don't feel like anyone has really been OP (though I think Powertech/Vanguard is currently the closest, with Sent/Mara not far behind). Some are slightly better than others, some might appear better than others in certain cases, but with enough experience with all of them, the beauty of this game's balance really becomes apparent.

For everyone that is having issues with PvP, I would suggest trying out a different class with a different playstyle and see what you think. Most of them really are pretty different and cater to different strengths and weaknesses.

All this being said, until there are solo queues or some other balancing option, you'll continue to have issues where 4 or more players that are in Vent or Mumble or something together just faceroll people. That'll always happen when collaborators fight against soloists.

In conclusion, PvP in this game is pretty freakin' awesome. I like it, and I hope it continues to get better. Let's continue feeding them our ideas and supporting the good ones we like. The more we do that, the more both BioWare and the players benefit.
You are Spot on.

Siorac
10.04.2012 , 02:33 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by RyderQuanTy View Post
Since launch I have never seeen a sage use rescue to pull a melee team mate in to engage the melee attacker
I'm sorry, I have to take issue with this. The opponents control my character quite a lot during each and every warzone. I don't want my teammates start doing the same. Pulling me out of harm's way when I'm trying to run away: okay. Pulling me when I'm with the Huttball: sweet. Pulling me because the Sage decided I have to attack his attacker: leave me alone, I'm not your puppet.

RyderQuanTy
10.04.2012 , 02:40 PM | #60
why not. so now u have a 2 on 1 and the player u were engaged with may lose a gdc or 2. while they try to close the gap.