Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

New raid armor art going into gambling boxes.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
New raid armor art going into gambling boxes.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Blackavaar's Avatar


Blackavaar
10.04.2012 , 01:46 PM | #161
If they start putting anything in gambling boxes that you can't get any other way that will be the end of the game for me. That's the primary reason I left STO and I will leave any game that follows that example.

If they do put stuff in gamble boxes, there better damn well be an alternative way of getting it, even if it's just buying the item outright on the store. If they don't, I'm done.

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Urael's Avatar


Urael
10.04.2012 , 01:47 PM | #162
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
If they start putting anything in gambling boxes that you can't get any other way that will be the end of the game for me. That's the primary reason I left STO and I will leave any game that follows that example.

If they do put stuff in gamble boxes, there better damn well be an alternative way of getting it, even if it's just buying the item outright on the store. If they don't, I'm done.

I agree with you B. I so agree with you.

TBH, if they don't fix 1.4 I may be gone before this is implemented. My Rogues and Hunters are calling me.

arunav's Avatar


arunav
10.04.2012 , 02:04 PM | #163
Quote: Originally Posted by MarekLonefeather View Post
Oh, okay. Hey, everyone, crisis averted because we already have all the custom gear we could ever want. /sarcasm off. Arunav, we already know every piece of custom gear that is available in the game because there is so little of it available and we can see it all on websites such as Torhead. And If we had all the custom gear we wanted, we wouldn't be pissed off about this issue would we? I guess you're one of those who thinks that if you're happy with the current state of affairs, then that should be good enough for everyone. We're not willing settle for just any "unique looking orange set."
You missed my point - in addition to what's already in TOR, there will also be orange shells for sale in the cash shop.

You shouldn't have a problem putting together an armor set and avoiding the gambling boxes.

And by putting together, it might indicate taking pieces from multiple sets to achieve a certain look you value. If you take what people have done with their WH and Campaign armorings, there are some really great and unique looks that people have come up with, no matter the class. This will only get better with the addition of the shop.

arunav's Avatar


arunav
10.04.2012 , 02:05 PM | #164
Quote: Originally Posted by TheronFett View Post
Pretty much this ^

Remember, kids. It's only a video game. Yeah, we all want those ultra-rare or cool looking items for our toon, but they're not worth eating Ramen noodles for a week or spending the rent money.
Unfortunately for some, it's not just a video game.

Arlon_Nabarlly's Avatar


Arlon_Nabarlly
10.05.2012 , 07:24 AM | #165
Quote: Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
Heck, it's like going to the movies... Do you know what you are going to get? The correct answer here is 'a movie', not 'a 2 hour+ long movie' or 'a movie that I will really like'.
I worked at a movie theater. You'd be surprised how many people ask for their money back if they thought the movie was bad, sometimes after watching all the way to credits. I agree with your overall point that this shouldn't be the case, but we live in an entitlist society anymore.

vandana_'s Avatar


vandana_
10.05.2012 , 07:45 AM | #166
Quote: Originally Posted by murshawursha View Post
Nice that you seem to have conveniently forgotten that EV and KP both also drop Columi, which happens to be the same tier as Rakata (and therefore shares a skin). Black Hole = Tionese, Campaign = Columi, Dread Guard = Rakata. Seriously, get your facts right if you're going to throw a hissy fit.
No, that is irrelevant. Both EV and KP were released at the same time (ignoring the 1 month delay for KP bosses) and in the 2 highest difficulty levels both were dropping the same gear from the same tier. In every MMO I know a new raid = new looks. To be perfectly honest Tionese / Columi / Rakata sharing the same skin was indeed a bit of a slack which was cut at the time because they were all released at the same time, not awaited for months.

According to your logic Campaign and Dread Guard gear should have the same skin as Tionese/Columi/Rakata because story mode TFB and EC drop Rakata.

Black Hole is the same tier as Campaign bar set bonuses (Tier 2).
Hazmat / Dread Guard is Tier 3.

The bottom line is - it's not cool that new tier of gear, exclusive to the new operation for which we waited for months doesn't have new skins. It's a slap in the face of subscribers because the gear design team is busy with designing **** for the cash shop gambling boxes. And a slap in the face requires an appropriate response.
V'ox

arunav's Avatar


arunav
10.05.2012 , 09:10 AM | #167
Quote: Originally Posted by vandana_ View Post
The bottom line is - it's not cool that new tier of gear, exclusive to the new operation for which we waited for months doesn't have new skins. It's a slap in the face of subscribers because the gear design team is busy with designing **** for the cash shop gambling boxes. And a slap in the face requires an appropriate response.
I think you may be in error - the bottom line is SWTOR is not in good financial shape and needs the cash shop to keep it going. Would you rather the game shut its doors or developers work on what's necessary to keep it afloat, possibly even expand it significantly going forward?

Get used to paying for most cosmetic things you'll want in SWTOR. While I don't doubt there will new raid armor in the future, the best looking shells will be in the cash shop. And some of those, both for purchase and in boxes, will launch in about a month.

Also, it's been stated most anything in the boxes is art that was in Beta but was not released.

kooffee's Avatar


kooffee
10.05.2012 , 09:15 AM | #168
paying money on a random event or outcome of a event is gambling imo, this is a video game and minors may play. its irresponsible considering how gambling can ruin peoples lives and imo should be if it isn't illegal. its indeed muddy water

on the other side, all workforce will now be only doing bug fixes and premium content.

MrSchmo's Avatar


MrSchmo
10.05.2012 , 09:40 AM | #169
Not only is the title of this thread completely misleading, speculative and an exaggeration, it's already been de-bunked by the Bioware post.
That's why they call it space, cause there is so much of it.

vandana_'s Avatar


vandana_
10.05.2012 , 09:43 AM | #170
Quote: Originally Posted by arunav View Post
I think you may be in error - the bottom line is SWTOR is not in good financial shape and needs the cash shop to keep it going. Would you rather the game shut its doors or developers work on what's necessary to keep it afloat, possibly even expand it significantly going forward?

Get used to paying for most cosmetic things you'll want in SWTOR. While I don't doubt there will new raid armor in the future, the best looking shells will be in the cash shop. And some of those, both for purchase and in boxes, will launch in about a month.

Also, it's been stated most anything in the boxes is art that was in Beta but was not released.
I'm paying a subscription and until F2P goes live it's a subscription game. Should I accept that the money I pay is going into development of features I won't get? No, i won't.

FYI I won't spend a single penny on the cash shop and if the game dies because of it I honestly don't care. And stop with the emotional blackmail. it's EA management that put those people in this position. Not me.
V'ox