Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How do I find one particular boss?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
How do I find one particular boss?

Rabenschwinge
10.04.2012 , 09:55 AM | #1
I am trying to acquire this item:
http://www.torhead.com/item/aQWlKBy/inspiration-vest

But other than the world were the bosses that drop these items can be found it does say anything about where to find them.

There is an identical looking [Prototype] Inspiration Vest which is dropped by the World Boss on Taris, but I gotta pretty lucky to get first a team assembled, second have that item dropping and thirdly win the vote for it... So I'd rather try my luck with the simpler version... if I could find the bosses.

Unless a average equipped high level character can solo Taris' world boss. Hmmm.... is it possible to transfer such a drop item via mail to another character of the same account in the 2 hours time frame after you get it? The character I want it for is level 46, but I could come up with a level 50 shadow in a mix of Rakata and Columi gear...
Ah, yes. "Reapers."

Screaming_Ziva
10.04.2012 , 12:56 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Rabenschwinge View Post
I am trying to acquire this item:
http://www.torhead.com/item/aQWlKBy/inspiration-vest

But other than the world were the bosses that drop these items can be found it does say anything about where to find them.
There's 4 bosses listed under "Dropped By" on that page (and each of them have comments on their pages) and 3 comments listed on the page you linked. I don't really understand why you can't find where they drop.

Caligari
10.04.2012 , 01:02 PM | #3
I'm not positive, but that might also be the imp-only version in the screenshots shown. So it might have a different name/look rep side if that's what you are playing.

Capt_Beers
10.04.2012 , 01:37 PM | #4
If you're on POT5 Pub side, I can solo Subject Alpha on my Commando. Send a message to one of the chars in my sig if you ever need help downing him. I'll pass on anything that drops as it's all BoP.

EDIT: Remembered Tor-Fashion exists. This look pretty similar . Definitely the same model with different colors. I have seen one the color you're looking for on there just can't remember the name (it might have been light armor though, same model). Look around on there, maybe you'll find a similar one.
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics

Andryah
10.04.2012 , 02:05 PM | #5
I have farmed these off of Kaemon Zahor on Nar Shadda Imp side. He drops them fairly regularly. The nice thing about Kaemon is he is on a 5 minute respawn timer. He's straightforward to solo from about level 27 up if you are careful about what you are doing.

Should be some on the GTN with some regularity as well.

Kaemons drops are all bind on equip.. so you can freely sell them, mail them, etc.
I'm back..... in advance of KotFE.

Blackavaar
10.04.2012 , 02:09 PM | #6
Run Fall of the Locust (Rep) or Firestar (Imp). The Bosses in those seem to drop it (or Indignation) all the time, at least in my experience.

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Blackavaar
10.04.2012 , 02:12 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Caligari View Post
I'm not positive, but that might also be the imp-only version in the screenshots shown. So it might have a different name/look rep side if that's what you are playing.
Same name, different style. It can be mailed to the other side if you happen to find it on the opposing faction as well.

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

CadaKai
10.04.2012 , 02:27 PM | #8
Yes that is the Imp version. If you get it on republic it is a long brown robe...... tired of long brown robes...

Quraswren
10.04.2012 , 02:42 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by CadaKai View Post
Yes that is the Imp version. If you get it on republic it is a long brown robe...... tired of long brown robes...
Agreed.

I kept the Columi gear on my sentinel just cause it was orange and had some decent color.

Andryah
10.04.2012 , 03:01 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by CadaKai View Post
Stratigest gear (also modable) fixes that for Republic side.
I'm back..... in advance of KotFE.