Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

New raid armor art going into gambling boxes.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
New raid armor art going into gambling boxes.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MarekLonefeather's Avatar


MarekLonefeather
10.03.2012 , 04:26 PM | #151
Quote: Originally Posted by arunav View Post
There are already enough really good looking orange and purple sets in the game to customize your look with, if you try to find them on the GTN or get them via drops. In addition, they will be adding orange shells to simply buy in the cash shop.

I understand that you must lose set bonuses until attaining campaign gear to fully utilize orange gear, but that will also become easier as the months continue to pass. If you are into raiding, you should probably have 4 pieces of campaign gear by now or pretty soon. If you're not into raiding, then you don't need the set bonuses.

If you PvP primarily, getting 4 pieces of WH gear does not take more than a month or so, simply doing the daily and weekly mission. With the introduction of a new PvP tier set on the horizon, WH will become very easy to get, like BM is now.

Nobody needs to buy anything in gambling boxes to get cool looking Star Wars armor, get around the current endgame gear. With very few exceptions, there are ways of putting together unique looking orange sets in each class.
Oh, okay. Hey, everyone, crisis averted because we already have all the custom gear we could ever want. /sarcasm off. Arunav, we already know every piece of custom gear that is available in the game because there is so little of it available and we can see it all on websites such as Torhead. And If we had all the custom gear we wanted, we wouldn't be pissed off about this issue would we? I guess you're one of those who thinks that if you're happy with the current state of affairs, then that should be good enough for everyone. We're not willing settle for just any "unique looking orange set."

ReddNekk's Avatar


ReddNekk
10.03.2012 , 05:30 PM | #152
Quote: Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
Sounds EXACTLY like how they have done STO. These irritating boxes will drop off of kills,[b] but you can't open them without first heading to the store and paying real money to get a key to unlock these boxes[\b]. They will either have crap inside them (Most often then not) or they will have that *one* piece you have been looking for like crazy that nobody has.

It's a money trap and quite frankly, should be illegal IMO.
Then it looks like i'll be vendoring those boxes because I WILL NOT spend RL money for vitual items in a MMO! I paid for the game disks and am paying a monthly fee, and that's all the RL $$$ that EAware is getting from me.
"Man does not cease to play because he grows old. He grows old because he ceases to play."

Alec_Fortescue's Avatar


Alec_Fortescue
10.04.2012 , 01:06 AM | #153
Quote: Originally Posted by arunav View Post
There are already enough really good looking orange and purple sets in the game to customize your look with, if you try to find them on the GTN or get them via drops. In addition, they will be adding orange shells to simply buy in the cash shop.

I understand that you must lose set bonuses until attaining campaign gear to fully utilize orange gear, but that will also become easier as the months continue to pass. If you are into raiding, you should probably have 4 pieces of campaign gear by now or pretty soon. If you're not into raiding, then you don't need the set bonuses.

If you PvP primarily, getting 4 pieces of WH gear does not take more than a month or so, simply doing the daily and weekly mission. With the introduction of a new PvP tier set on the horizon, WH will become very easy to get, like BM is now.


Nobody needs to buy anything in gambling boxes to get cool looking Star Wars armor, get around the current endgame gear. With very few exceptions, there are ways of putting together unique looking orange sets in each class.

There are no robes with hoods down available to Knights. It's not really Star Wars-looking.

TheronFett's Avatar


TheronFett
10.04.2012 , 01:20 AM | #154
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
Honestly, if you don't like the idea of buying a box that you don't know what the contents will be, don't go to the cash shop and buy the stuff. Problem solved.
Pretty much this ^

Remember, kids. It's only a video game. Yeah, we all want those ultra-rare or cool looking items for our toon, but they're not worth eating Ramen noodles for a week or spending the rent money.

Durasturan's Avatar


Durasturan
10.04.2012 , 02:30 AM | #155
Quote: Originally Posted by arunav View Post
There are already enough really good looking orange and purple sets in the game to customize your look with, if you try to find them on the GTN or get them via drops. In addition, they will be adding orange shells to simply buy in the cash shop.

I understand that you must lose set bonuses until attaining campaign gear to fully utilize orange gear, but that will also become easier as the months continue to pass. If you are into raiding, you should probably have 4 pieces of campaign gear by now or pretty soon. If you're not into raiding, then you don't need the set bonuses.

If you PvP primarily, getting 4 pieces of WH gear does not take more than a month or so, simply doing the daily and weekly mission. With the introduction of a new PvP tier set on the horizon, WH will become very easy to get, like BM is now.

Nobody needs to buy anything in gambling boxes to get cool looking Star Wars armor, get around the current endgame gear. With very few exceptions, there are ways of putting together unique looking orange sets in each class.
That must be why they took out like 80% of the orange gear that was in the game at Beta. We didn't NEED to customize our characters. After all, we're not supposed to be unique or interesting or different. We're all supposed to be completely unspecial and exactly the same. There were dozens of really cool looking sets that were in Beta that "mysteriously" disappeared at launch. I'm willing to bet that we will see them in these "new" boxes.

come to think of it... HK was in Beta too...

man I can't wait to pay for stuff 4 months from now that I tested out 11 months ago...

vandana_'s Avatar


vandana_
10.04.2012 , 03:31 AM | #156
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
I talked with Jason Attard (Senior Game Balance Designer) about our plans for endgame armor appearances as well as appearances that will be available in the Cartel Market.

He said that we definitely intend to continue releasing new armor appearances for players doing endgame content. Explosive Conflict and Terror from Beyond were always intended to share the same appearance, just as Eternity Vault and Karagga’s Palace do, and our next Operation will feature a new appearance tier. We have no plans to stop the creation of appearances for endgame content.

The first season of Cartel packs will draw heavily on preexisting armor appearances that haven’t been used for player-wearable equipment thus far. They’ll include some new models, but we did not draw on endgame content appearances for them.
That is the most lame explanation I have heard from CS so far. Second only to the explanation for no PTR character copy in 1.4.

Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace shared the gear tier - it was the same Rakata gear that was dropping in both.

EC and TFB are two different tiers so the real reason why it was "always intended to share the same appearance" is that the art team is focusiing on cash-grab-f*ck-EA-casino-armor-sets while rehashing the old armors for subscribers who get screwed.

And that's only the beginning. Even if you are paying subscription money you will have to pay tons of money for the cash shop gambling garbage to look cool.

Also you all should know by know what "definitely intend in future" in Bioware's mouth means.
V'ox

Arlon_Nabarlly's Avatar


Arlon_Nabarlly
10.04.2012 , 11:28 AM | #157
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
There are no robes with hoods down available to Knights. It's not really Star Wars-looking.
ummmwut? My level 40 Knight has been wearing an orange set robe with hood since halfway through Coruscant and I have a least one or two others in my bank.

That being said, yes more diversity and more items with hoods would be nice (Jedi and Sith) I've only found one orange set for Sith that has a hood.

Polebreaker's Avatar


Polebreaker
10.04.2012 , 12:08 PM | #158
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
There are no robes with hoods down available to Knights. It's not really Star Wars-looking.
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlon_Nabarlly View Post
ummmwut? My level 40 Knight has been wearing an orange set robe with hood since halfway through Coruscant and I have a least one or two others in my bank.

That being said, yes more diversity and more items with hoods would be nice (Jedi and Sith) I've only found one orange set for Sith that has a hood.
Holy fail at reading comprehension, batman!

SikrouDeco's Avatar


SikrouDeco
10.04.2012 , 12:19 PM | #159
They need the revenue. Face it people, this game is in deep doo doo. Even Jarr Jarr would realize that.
"I have a bad feeling about this.." Member since 2008

murshawursha's Avatar


murshawursha
10.04.2012 , 12:54 PM | #160
Quote: Originally Posted by vandana_ View Post
Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace shared the gear tier - it was the same Rakata gear that was dropping in both.
Nice that you seem to have conveniently forgotten that EV and KP both also drop Columi, which happens to be the same tier as Rakata (and therefore shares a skin). Black Hole = Tionese, Campaign = Columi, Dread Guard = Rakata. Seriously, get your facts right if you're going to throw a hissy fit.