Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I believe...

Goretzu
10.04.2012 , 10:21 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
You know... a PvE centered game rarely ever has RvR. In fact, I cannot think of one that ever did really as in an RvR game, PvE is the minigame qualifier to get to the RvR.

There are other games for your RvR fix. No game is all things to all people. Play multiple games if you have wide ranging needs.
Then they shouldn't have advertised it before launch.

BUT THEY DID.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Goretzu
10.04.2012 , 10:23 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
BuddyRufus is the thread winner by 2 laps.

"Plans change": a real life principle that demonstrates maturity of understanding, and mature coping skills, IMO.

Yeah "plans change".

But really the lesson here is DON'T MAKE WILD PROMISES THAT YOU AREN'T LIKELY TO BE ABLE TOO KEEP.

(and I still think every 6 weeks is one, every 12 weeks would have been a much better promise to make)
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Soluss
10.04.2012 , 11:07 AM | #33
Dont get your hopes up. They made a lot of statements that they failed to deliver on.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

Yogol
10.04.2012 , 12:16 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by NRVNQSR View Post
HOW many threads have we seen demanding full expansions starting only 3 months after launch?
About 2,000 threads, I'd say. That's 1 thread for every 1,000 people that left the game.

What would you prefer?
That even more people just leave the game, instead of posting their concerns?
Or that people voice their concerns in a thread, telling Bioware what would make them stay?
Yogol. Rebel without a cause. Often without a clue too.
Founder of The Fruitfly Guild, the one-day-beta-guild for one-day-beta-characters.

Durasturan
10.04.2012 , 12:41 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by BuddyRufus View Post
"Mommy, I want to be an Astronaut when I grow up!"

-Me @ age 6

Plans change
At age six you were a fully adult college grad delivering a speech marketing deliverables to your consumer base in hopes of retaining marketshare with your quickly dying entertainment software franchise?

Man, that's impressive.

Oh wait, maybe we take the promises of developers in charge of products we all pay hundreds of dollars for a little bit more seriously than some six year old's fantasy.

Durasturan
10.04.2012 , 12:54 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by tiennen View Post
I wouldnt call myself a fanboi, but I have become increasingly frustrated with the crowd of entitled gamers that think they deserve everything they demand.

petulant children, every one of them.
CSB: Two months ago my ISP introduced bandwidth caps and an overage fee. I wasn't too worried because I was pretty sure my overage wouldn't be too much, but I disagreed on principle with them changing MY policy on my contract before it was over. So I told them if they didn't remove the cap on my account I was switching providers. They said "if you do that you get $200 in fees blah blah blah. I said my contracts up in 17 days. They put manager on phone. Upgrade me to Business account, no caps, price reduce and lock me in for 12 months.

I don't have to put up with switching ISPs.
They retain a customer.

This is how the market should work. Customers and companies compromising in a way that benefits both parties.

Your absolutist approach of **** or **** is non-sense and in no way representative of how community based products function in the market. Which is why SWTOR is doing so poorly, and that's an objective fact, they admit it is disappointing.

TLDR: If companies set out expectations they better meet those expectations or be prepared for loss of revenue and PR backlash. Customers demanding a product that meets their expectations on quality and price is not "entitlement" it is exercising their role in the market.

Trenter
10.04.2012 , 01:08 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Durasturan View Post
Oh wait, maybe we take the promises of developers in charge of products we all pay hundreds of dollars for a little bit more seriously than some six year old's fantasy.
What do you expect? Seriously? They had plans they intended to follow through. People dropped their subs however. Probably more people dropped the game than what was expected. And an extremely unwelcoming and hateful forum community probably didn't help one bit. How can anyone expect them to deliver what was originally planned? Things change. They weren't allowed to do anything about it. People decided they did not want to give this game a chance to evolve. They probably, to a big extent, got what they wanted.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" - Hunter S. Thompson

utio
10.04.2012 , 02:04 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by tiennen View Post
I wouldnt call myself a fanboi, but I have become increasingly frustrated with the crowd of entitled gamers that think they deserve everything they demand.

petulant children, every one of them.
I agree, people demanding stuff and expecting it within weeks is wrong. However, I don't see a load of "petulant children" on these forums. Sure there are a few people, but I wouldn't call them petulant, or children. I respect their opinions, even if I don't agree.
The basis for a lot of complaints lie with what bioware has said they will do, but failed to do them in their own time frames. Nothing wrong with asking why they failed. Now, if they said sorry, we can't do that anymore, but we will do our best in future, with more realistic time frames, then fair enough.
PROPER SPACE COMBAT PLEASE

DarthOvertone
10.04.2012 , 02:31 PM | #39
Hey...I've been paying a sub faithfully to BW since month one, despite all of their shortcomings (which are too numerous to count) and what I consider their horrible mismanagement of this game. As such, I believe I deserve a BW Ball Wash!!
Alphanoob, Alpha-zen (among others) - Garbage S1 Champion
Ebon Hawk | Harbinger
SWTOR 4.3: It was good while it lasted. Thanks BW

CybermanZero
10.04.2012 , 02:35 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Ravenhurst View Post
As soon as they will announce free roaming space combat/exploration, subs will go through the roof, and all previous problems will be forgotten.
Imagine going to your ship hangar and taking off manually...
Man I don't want to see what kind of damage may happen if they push stuff out that fast. Every patch has been well, a bit messy.