Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I've gone through the first three pages - Queuing for WZ/FPs rationale?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
I've gone through the first three pages - Queuing for WZ/FPs rationale?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Voranis
10.03.2012 , 10:17 PM | #91
One question.

Why are people still leaving WZ's?

I have noticed virtually no change in the number of people leaving WZ's.

This 'fix' didn't fix anything.

FP queues have gotten longer.

People are still bailing on WZ's left and right.

The impact of this change has been an overall negative one.

This was the wrong way to address the issue.

Whole lot of back and forth about crap that that does not belong here.
Whole lot of presumptions about intentions and so on.
You're just selfish.
You're just immature.
None of that is relevent to the issue.

A change was made.
It did not fix the issue.
It did more harm then good.
Several suggestions have been made on ways to address the issue in a much more acceptable way for all those involved.

Have they been forwarded, Allison Berryman | Senior Community Coordinator?
-------------------------------------------------------------------
One man's fate decided by another man's wait.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Voranis Cometchaser-Master Bounty Hunter/Creature Handler-Bloodfin

spectreclees
10.03.2012 , 10:20 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Hi everyone, we asked Rob Hinkle (Senior PvP Designer) to shed some more light on why this change was made. As many of you suspected, we implemented this change to reduce the frequency with which players abandon Warzone matches mid-fight. We found that Group Finder queues popping were a major cause of players leaving, and wanted to mitigate this negative impact on Warzones.
Add a deserter debuff. Add a deserter debuff. Add a deserter debuff. Add a deserter debuff. Add a deserter debuff.

LarryRow
10.04.2012 , 07:17 AM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by spectreclees View Post
Add a deserter debuff. Add a deserter debuff. Add a deserter debuff. Add a deserter debuff. Add a deserter debuff.
People will just afk. People will just afk. People will just ... you get it.

I'd rather get a new player than have to sit through a match of medal farmers.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

cycao
10.04.2012 , 07:38 AM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by spectreclees View Post
This will cause more harm than good. People will just afk or sit at a node and do nothing. What they need to do which they are discussing is adding incentives for players to stay and finish games.

Sorenia
10.04.2012 , 08:30 AM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Hi everyone, we asked Rob Hinkle (Senior PvP Designer) to shed some more light on why this change was made. As many of you suspected, we implemented this change to reduce the frequency with which players abandon Warzone matches mid-fight. We found that Group Finder queues popping were a major cause of players leaving, and wanted to mitigate this negative impact on Warzones.
There is an easy solution to both problems. Allow us to keep our position in the queue while in a warzone. If it becomes our "turn" during a warzone then simply allow the next person to go.

PakaOno
10.04.2012 , 09:31 AM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Voranis View Post
One question.

A change was made.
Several suggestions have been made on ways to address the issue in a much more acceptable way for all those involved.
QFE!

Devs here's a perfect opportunity for you to react positively to the player base's request. We understand knee-jerk reactions are made from time to time without the full consequences thought out. Your "solution" has actually decreased the enjoyment/playability of this game. It's not too late to revert this change.

A little bit of effort can go a long ways of restoring the player's faith (what's left of it anyways) in BW/EA.

anakedcowboy
10.04.2012 , 09:36 AM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by Sorenia View Post
There is an easy solution to both problems. Allow us to keep our position in the queue while in a warzone. If it becomes our "turn" during a warzone then simply allow the next person to go.
^^ Logic abounds in this post.

Craftamancer
10.04.2012 , 12:12 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Lium View Post
A couple things.

First, to the guy or gal arguing that it wasn't BW's intent to stop stacking queues, I have to ask: in what MMO have you played where stacking queues was an intended playstyle? That's a serious question because in my seven years of playing MMOs, I have yet to see it. No MMOs I have ever played encourages this. In fact, they discourage it by putting in features similar to the one BioWare just did where they put a stop to queuing for multiple things. You trying to say Allison never mentioned this as a problem is engaging in semantics. The fact BW put a stop to queueing for WZs and FPs at the same time means they don't want you to be stacking queues. If they were fine with it, this change would never have been put in to begin with.

Second, for those of you complaining about how long it takes for queues to pop for DPS, I'm going to once again assume you are new to MMOs as this happens in all of them. There's always an overabundance of DPS. So, there are two solutions to this problem. Either roll a tank or healer and have instant queues, or BW implements cross-realm FP queuing. But in reality the only way that you will have guaranteed short queues is to play a support class. That is the easiest fix. And I say this as a DPS class myself, where I, too, am waiting hours for a queue. Is it frustrating? Of course. But I knew when I rolled a sentinel that it would be a consequence.

Someone on here said it best years ago before the game launched. There are really only two classes in every game: LFM and LFG.
This is, quite frankly, a silly argument. You are proposing that Stacking Queues are bad. They are not, and here's why:

Option A - No stacking queue: Players choose either PVP or PVE, but cannot do both. If they choose to PVE, then they will generally have to wait a long time if they are a DPS, and will not experience any PVP.

Option B - Stack queues... BUT... The player in the warzone will continue to rise in the queue until they are next in line. They are then skipped by players below them any time a Flashpoint group is able to form until they are done their Warzone, unless all the players below them in the queue are likewise in a warzone, in which case the queue doesn't move at all and the flashpoint group isn't formed until someone not in a Warzone becomes available. Upon reaching the highest spot in the queue they receive a notification that they will remain at the top of the queue.

If for some reason they abandon their warzone, they also lose their Flashpoint queue. When they finish the PVP match they are then at the top of the Flashpoint queue, and were never tempted to leave the Warzone in order to participate in a Flashpoint.

Now... reverse everything I said and also apply it to players in Flashpoints queueing for warzones.

This is the ideal method of stacking queues. Players get to participate in ALL content, and it inconveniences no one. If you don't believe that players should be allowed to queue for both, then you believe in limiting game play options over allowing players to enjoy all content equally. If that's the case, then no reason or logic will persuade you to see differently, and I won't even bother with debate.

TommyDe
10.04.2012 , 12:40 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by Craftamancer View Post
This is, quite frankly, a silly argument. You are proposing that Stacking Queues are bad. They are not, and here's why:

Option A - No stacking queue: Players choose either PVP or PVE, but cannot do both. If they choose to PVE, then they will generally have to wait a long time if they are a DPS, and will not experience any PVP.

Option B - Stack queues... BUT... The player in the warzone will continue to rise in the queue until they are next in line. They are then skipped by players below them any time a Flashpoint group is able to form until they are done their Warzone, unless all the players below them in the queue are likewise in a warzone, in which case the queue doesn't move at all and the flashpoint group isn't formed until someone not in a Warzone becomes available. Upon reaching the highest spot in the queue they receive a notification that they will remain at the top of the queue.

If for some reason they abandon their warzone, they also lose their Flashpoint queue. When they finish the PVP match they are then at the top of the Flashpoint queue, and were never tempted to leave the Warzone in order to participate in a Flashpoint.

Now... reverse everything I said and also apply it to players in Flashpoints queueing for warzones.

This is the ideal method of stacking queues. Players get to participate in ALL content, and it inconveniences no one. If you don't believe that players should be allowed to queue for both, then you believe in limiting game play options over allowing players to enjoy all content equally. If that's the case, then no reason or logic will persuade you to see differently, and I won't even bother with debate.
Boom. I don't see a thing wrong with this idea. Doesn't seem like a difficult thing to implement either. I cannot see how having to give up a huge part of the game to queue for FP for hours is preferred.

What we have now was probably the first/quickest solution that popped.

DarkSaberMaster
10.04.2012 , 12:58 PM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by Voranis View Post
One question.

Why are people still leaving WZ's?

Whole lot of back and forth about crap that that does not belong here.
Whole lot of presumptions about intentions and so on.
You're just selfish.
You're just immature.
None of that is relevent to the issue.

A change was made.

Have they been forwarded, Allison Berryman | Senior Community Coordinator?
Of course it didn't. Not to say that this wasn't part of the reason why people were bailing from WZ's. It's not the main reason. Those who actually play WZ's know the reasons why people bail and that this was far from being the main reason why. The reasons have been documented time and time again in the PvP forum since LONG before we even had the queue system.

But of course. According to EAWare's favorite community spokesperson, Uncle EAWare knows best and that the immature, entitled criers know nothing about what we are talking about because we don't have the "whole picture".
Daegeo: (Balance Shadow)
D'aege: (Engineering Sniper)
The Harbinger "Rangers Lead the Way"
Referral link for free stuff