Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pop Culture references you would like to see

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Pop Culture references you would like to see

Halinmonk
10.04.2012 , 08:32 AM | #1
A lot of MMOs have small shout outs or eeaster eggs in game to popular culture or other well known things, just as small little tid bits. What kind would you like to see?

I wouldn't mind a Doctor Who reference, something like a cluster of random NPCs sitting in a random space port talking about their ship the "SS Blue Box" named "Doctor John Smith" and "Captain Jack <Doctor John Smith's Companion>" "Rosa Tlyin <Doctor John Smith's Companion>" and so on.

doctor_atomic
10.04.2012 , 08:40 AM | #2
Absolutely none, thanks. I can get that in other games.
"Personally, I play a warlock to set people on fire as they run in fear while I steal their souls. As an added perk, I play an undead warlock so I can eat their brains afterwards. I suppose a better question is, why do people play anything else?" (Unknown WoW forum poster)

Screaming_Ziva
10.04.2012 , 09:09 AM | #3
None.

Lionflash
10.04.2012 , 09:15 AM | #4
This game has 'Star Wars' easter eggs already... references to having Lil' Wayne references thrown in would just be odd...

Mithros
10.04.2012 , 12:23 PM | #5
Did any of the films include pop culture references? I don't remember any.

I mean, Snooki references aren't really the same when you are in a galaxy far, far away (Snooki might be the name of a crime lord or a Jedi master, though...).

I guess there are ways, but I don't want them to start looking for ways to make everything a joke, either.

Snooki the Hutt might be funny, but a little of this can go a long way, and too much can really ruin the atmosphere.
Free stuff (for you and me)! My referral link.

Beta Squadron 157. The pixel lives on in our hearts.

tiennen
10.04.2012 , 12:27 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
Did any of the films include pop culture references? I don't remember any.

I mean, Snooki references aren't really the same when you are in a galaxy far, far away (Snooki might be the name of a crime lord or a Jedi master, though...).

I guess there are ways, but I don't want them to start looking for ways to make everything a joke, either.

Snooki the Hutt might be funny, but a little of this can go a long way, and too much can really ruin the atmosphere.
This.

YOu know its gone too far when they introduce Haris Pilton who sells a bag and useless jewelry.....

BenjaminminU
10.04.2012 , 12:34 PM | #7
Wouldn't mind a few references, i'd like to see something like an Indiana Jones reference, maybe being able to find a lookalike in a cantina on tatooine, or having an internet meme on a poster somewhere randomly.
"Declaration: Assassination protocols active. Greetings, master" - HK-51

Urael
10.04.2012 , 12:36 PM | #8
Meh .. I want this one for sure:

SWTOR was doing just fine untill it took a "Patch 1.4" to the knee!

Evalyn
10.04.2012 , 12:41 PM | #9
nopenopenope

Drudenfusz
10.04.2012 , 12:46 PM | #10
I would like to see some ester eggs, but they don't have to be pop culture references. I would prefer some old sci-fi mivie references or references to other movies from George Lucas. So that most people would not even get the reference. The Clone Wars show has some stuff like that, which I really enjoy.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Lana Everhope - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Shadow Tank on The Red Eclipse
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version