Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why all the crying?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why all the crying?

tehrealdealz
10.03.2012 , 06:31 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Cybridwarform View Post
The pvp in this game is fine, i don't understand why everyday its a tear-fest?

No i don't play a smash jugg or a mara etc... I play a sniper and i have 0 complaints. People just need to learn to synergize and play off their team members strength and weakness'

Am i the only one who feels the game is fine? Has the human race lost its will to adapt? :-\
No offense there professor but arent snipers pretty OP atm?

SovereignConvict
10.04.2012 , 11:52 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by tehrealdealz View Post
No offense there professor but arent snipers pretty OP atm?
I play the following: Sentinel, Sage, Commando, Gunslinger, Assassin, and Powertech. Soon, I'll be adding in the others I haven't gotten to yet, too. I've played them all a bit, but those are the ones I've done at least a fair amount of PvP on.

No offense to Snipers out there, but pre 1.4 I thought they were one of the most underpowered classes. Post 1.4, I think they're a bit better now. Not OP, but better.

Since Sages/Sorcs got nerfed in 1.2, I don't feel like anyone has really been OP (though I think Powertech/Vanguard is currently the closest, with Sent/Mara not far behind). Some are slightly better than others, some might appear better than others in certain cases, but with enough experience with all of them, the beauty of this game's balance really becomes apparent.

For everyone that is having issues with PvP, I would suggest trying out a different class with a different playstyle and see what you think. Most of them really are pretty different and cater to different strengths and weaknesses.

All this being said, until there are solo queues or some other balancing option, you'll continue to have issues where 4 or more players that are in Vent or Mumble or something together just faceroll people. That'll always happen when collaborators fight against soloists.

In conclusion, PvP in this game is pretty freakin' awesome. I like it, and I hope it continues to get better. Let's continue feeding them our ideas and supporting the good ones we like. The more we do that, the more both BioWare and the players benefit.

Apaolo
10.04.2012 , 12:00 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by SovereignConvict View Post
No offense to Snipers out there, but pre 1.4 I thought they were one of the most underpowered classes.
Lol wut?

DeltaEkotte
10.04.2012 , 12:09 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
Normally I would agree with you... but bad change after bad change is making me feel like a prostitute and BW is my pimp. I pay... and they slap me in the face anyways.

I was one of the loudest defenders of BW and this game but seriously... it's like they do the exact opposite of what the players want and ask for.

This... pretty much sums up how I think a lot of people feel.
Most of the changes in 1.4 were aimed at fixing PvP and you say that they were bad changes? I ran into many many people angry with the changes being for PvP only and ignoring the PvE'ers in the days right after 1.4 so I am glad to see someone who thinks that the PvP was fine before 1.4. Maybe if you get enough people to cry about it the devs might change it back, hey it worked for the PvP'ers to get it changed in the first place.
Imperial General Ekotte, Captin of the Mandalorian Fist
RIP SWG, Blood, Dark Stance, SAS, RSS
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...91#post3300391 SWG guilds now here

Apaolo
10.04.2012 , 12:28 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by DeltaEkotte View Post
Most of the changes in 1.4 were aimed at fixing PvP and you say that they were bad changes? I ran into many many people angry with the changes being for PvP only and ignoring the PvE'ers in the days right after 1.4 so I am glad to see someone who thinks that the PvP was fine before 1.4. Maybe if you get enough people to cry about it the devs might change it back, hey it worked for the PvP'ers to get it changed in the first place.
Ya know, I don't know whether to giggle at this post, or just cry lol.

Simply amazing POV.

Technohic
10.04.2012 , 12:31 PM | #46
They totally have been giving PvP more content updates than PvE stuff. No doubt about that...

cycao
10.04.2012 , 12:31 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Apaolo View Post
Lol wut?
Yep a "what is this I don't even" applies here.

UGLYMRJ
10.04.2012 , 12:47 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by DeltaEkotte View Post

I don't even know where to start...

Siorac
10.04.2012 , 12:54 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post

I don't even know where to start...
I suggest we should start with asking him to show us one PvP complainer who wanted this Resolve change. Show us one post in the PvP forum where someone said "I want to spend more time being stunned, Bioware!!!"

UGLYMRJ
10.04.2012 , 12:57 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Siorac View Post
I suggest we should start with asking him to show us one PvP complainer who wanted this Resolve change. Show us one post in the PvP forum where someone said "I want to spend more time being stunned, Bioware!!!"
I love the resolve changes... if my CC break is on cool down, I now have time to go make a sammich.