Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nerf Denova?

DarthFamine
09.11.2012 , 08:42 AM | #281
it was double tapping, she took two of them at a time
not sure if it was a glitch or what but that what was happening.
"It might be fear, or anger, or hatred, or perhaps even suffering that makes a man fall to the dark side, but it is without a doubt regret, that keeps him there."
-Darth Famine
www.RJKgaming.com

AshlaBoga
10.03.2012 , 04:26 AM | #282
Let's face it, nerfing SM EC has a massive consequence, people who can clear SM EC will not have as good quality practice for HM EC. By making the mechanics in SM EC so much easier (and there was a big difference to begin with) they've changed it from a way to practice for HM EC to just another easy op.

Before it was more mechanic heavy than EV/KP on any difficulty, now it's just a gear check

So with the changes the new difficulty would go like this

1. SM EV
2. SM KP
3. SM EC
4. HM EV
5. HM KP
6. SM TFB
7. NiM EV
8. NiM KP
9. HM EC
10. HM TFB

Now does that seem like a good idea to you?

There's 5 Operations between SM EC and HM EC. That's going to hurt people who are just starting out and haven't done HM EC yet.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Soluss
10.03.2012 , 10:48 AM | #283
It needs to be nerfed for casuals to complete? Dont the casuals always say that raiding isnt hard? Dont they always say they should be able to have solo raids to get the same gear? Saying that a raid needs nerfed, because its too hard, kind of blows their statement out of the water, doesnt it?
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

AshlaBoga
10.04.2012 , 12:19 AM | #284
Quote: Originally Posted by Soluss View Post
It needs to be nerfed for casuals to complete? Dont the casuals always say that raiding isnt hard? Dont they always say they should be able to have solo raids to get the same gear? Saying that a raid needs nerfed, because its too hard, kind of blows their statement out of the water, doesnt it?
The thing that the casuals don't understand is that they're actually being hurt by the SM EC nerfs.

A) Let's say that the real content for raiders will be the new and improved nightmare modes and that the purpose of hard modes is to gear up for Nightmare.

B) Now if raiders use HM to gear for Nightmare, then logically casuals use story to gear up and practice for HM.
The issue is that if the mechanics are nerfed on SM, it means that casuals will actually have a bigger gap to cross. They will have to go from an SM EC that was harder than HM KP but not by much, to an SM EC that's easier than HM KP.

Despite there now being a new Story Mode, I suspect that casuals will actually have a HARDER time doing HM EC. Why? Because BW just took their practice grounds and turned it into a crater. Let's get someone from BW to watch how many casuals who cleared pre-nerf SM EC in September manage to clear at least part of HM EC in October, compared to the people who never did it pre-nerf. I'm betting that the casuals who did it pre-nerf will have a much higher rate of success.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Karasuko
10.04.2012 , 08:04 AM | #285
Why are we all kidding ourselves?

The casuals don't care what mode they do aslong as they get their "just rewards" because they pay the same yadda yadda yadda.

I have no issue with rakata going out hand over fist, aslong as there is a gap between SM and HM i'm a happy camper cause we all know that casuals only wipe 1-2 times then call it a night.

inb4 "we're casual and we stay to learn a whole raid"

Soluss
10.04.2012 , 11:18 AM | #286
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
The thing that the casuals don't understand is that they're actually being hurt by the SM EC nerfs.

A) Let's say that the real content for raiders will be the new and improved nightmare modes and that the purpose of hard modes is to gear up for Nightmare.

B) Now if raiders use HM to gear for Nightmare, then logically casuals use story to gear up and practice for HM.
The issue is that if the mechanics are nerfed on SM, it means that casuals will actually have a bigger gap to cross. They will have to go from an SM EC that was harder than HM KP but not by much, to an SM EC that's easier than HM KP.

Despite there now being a new Story Mode, I suspect that casuals will actually have a HARDER time doing HM EC. Why? Because BW just took their practice grounds and turned it into a crater. Let's get someone from BW to watch how many casuals who cleared pre-nerf SM EC in September manage to clear at least part of HM EC in October, compared to the people who never did it pre-nerf. I'm betting that the casuals who did it pre-nerf will have a much higher rate of success.
Yeah, I totally understand the learning curve. Im just saying that... before the game was launched there was 1000 page thread after thread about how raiding is easy and casuals should have a solo way to get the same gear. Apparently soloing is more difficult then raiding. I was just pointing out... they are now asking for nerfs because its too hard for them. If raiding was so easy then they wouldnt be asking for nerfs.

IOW they just killed their own arguement. Just like I said they would pre-launch
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."