Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What the next Star Wars mmo needs

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
What the next Star Wars mmo needs

Pirana
10.04.2012 , 06:00 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarfux View Post
More Sandbox. A sandbox done right. We need 20 plus planets that are ALL fully questable. Not this level bracket disappointment. We need to have OUR story, not stories that are made for us. There needs to be animal mounts, beast training, lots of species, lots of different classes, variety. That's what Star Wars is. Along with action to!

There needs to be minigames, housing complexes on every planet somewhere. There needs to be places able to sit, customization options in the game for your character so you can get a haircut or something. It needs to be done by a company who cares. Not just out to beat wow or get money. It needs to be done right. Not by copying a previous model. We are in the Star Wars galaxy. Make it like we are. We want to live our own adventures and make our own Legacy and story. Or ...if we don't want a story or don't want a Legacy we won't be forced into doing so.

That's what needs to be in the next Star Wars mmo. Take some risks Do it right. Take the time you need. Don't be greedy. Thanks for your time.

As others have stated, SWG had those elements. TOR meets SWG would pretty much do the trick.

This mmo still has a lot of potential, but if they're unable to pick themselves off of the floor, this game will serve as a notification to most, along with SWG, to stay away from a Star Wars model.
Beta - April 16, 2014 (Retired)
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination - Pirana

simplius
10.04.2012 , 06:54 AM | #12
yea SW has the initial sell because of IP, but also a lot of expectations to meet

if we removed all SW material from this game , it would have flopped really bad

i mean "pack our bags and get out of town" bad

and that is very disappointing from such experienced developers

simplius
10.04.2012 , 07:08 AM | #13
this is what i think happened:
EA : we need to get rid of the compettion,,BW makes good games,, theyre next
lets pull a mussolini on them, we have the cashpower to back us up
EA to BW: lets make a great SW MMO together, with your experience , and our money,,how can it fail?
BW: sounds great, we can make a lot of money together,,maybe even go for the big one
later
EA: where is our game? investors want their money now
BW: it isnt done yet,, it takes a very long time to make a great game
EA:finish and deliver or we pull the plug

this is only speculation, but i see a JR Ewing sitting somewhere

Eillack
10.04.2012 , 08:16 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by sithgreyguard View Post
why the next star wars mmo? why not this one?
Why not Zoidberg?
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.