Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

TFB : 16M-HM (world ranking)

cantoo
10.03.2012 , 10:02 PM | #91
<Eternal Hostility> of Jedi Covenant has killed "Kephess the Undying" @ 3:44 GMT October 4

SS:
http://i.imgur.com/H6OyG.jpg
Tarnn - 50 Combat Medic Trooper (Main) / Awakening - 50 Vigilance Jedi Guardian
Awakened - 50 Shield Powertech / Joobjub - 50 Dirty Fighting Gunslinger
Officer of <Eternal Hostility> on Jedi Covenant (US East)

Rupert
10.04.2012 , 07:50 AM | #92
To Derkae as the thread manager and anyone else concerned with the legitimacy of boss kills:

It has come to our attention that an encounter-breaking bug exists on the last boss, TfB. This was pointed out to us on our kill video as being a possible bug, and after thorough testing and contacting a developer, it has been confirmed that this is not intended in the encounter, and in fact makes the fight itself much much easier than intended. Other competitive raiding guilds are also aware of this bug, claiming that it may be "impossible" to kill the last boss without exploiting this bug (as it so happens, with pre-1.4 gear, exploitation of the bug is currently unavoidable, should a kill take place). While I may not agree that it's impossible, as stated by the developers: it is highly unlikely that the number of guilds that have taken out this encounter on hard mode will be able to replicate the kill after the bug has been fixed, certainly not with as much ease.

That being said, do what you will with the current kill rankings, but <Chosen> would like to invite any interested guilds into friendly competition to race for the TfB kill come Tuesday (or whenever this bug is first fixed). We understand that for many, the race for the hard mode clear is already over and attention is being spent elsewhere, and we certainly would not like to undermine the accomplishments of any guilds (or our own), especially given that this bug could not be helped and it was essential to killing the encounter in it's current state.

Should the competitive end-game operations community, or at least those involved with the progress tracking in this thread, be interested in acknowledging this as an official restart on the final boss kill rankings, then we fully support that, but we understand if the extent of this challenge is to be unofficial in nature.

Again, congratulations are in order to all the guilds that have managed to make it so far in 1.4 hard mode operations as it stands, and we would like to thank Derkae again for managing this thread and providing us with a means for nurturing competitiveness within the community. We look forward to hearing everyone's opinion on this!
Peace is a lie; there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Neverhett - GM of <Chosen> - Prophecy of the Five

derkae
10.04.2012 , 11:04 AM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Rupert View Post
Again, congratulations are in order to all the guilds that have managed to make it so far in 1.4 hard mode operations as it stands, and we would like to thank Derkae again for managing this thread and providing us with a means for nurturing competitiveness within the community. We look forward to hearing everyone's opinion on this!
Thank you for the support.

Updated 18:04 BST
Derkae - Astral PvE HL - Maître de Guilde
www.astral-guilde.fr - Recrutement : ouvert
Contenu PvE 8 joueurs avant la version 1.5 de SWTOR : complétement clean
Contenu PvE 8 joueurs de la version 1.5 de SWTOR : 4/4 Denova Cauchemar

Rupert
10.04.2012 , 01:32 PM | #94
To clarify, I wanted to let all 5/5 HM guilds know about this bug/the legitimacy of their kills, but obviously the 8 man guilds far outnumber the 16man that have accomplished 5/5 HM. As a 16man guild, we would only be interested in the competition between other 16 man guilds, so the previous post would be more specifically directed towards <Cali Killed Nox> and <Memories of Xendor>, as they are the only other 16m guilds that have reported kills within this tracking thread. Again, it is up to the discretion of the community, with a focus on those guilds in particular, as to how we can proceed given the existence of the bug described.
Peace is a lie; there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

FluffBcca
10.04.2012 , 03:11 PM | #95
I like apples.
Fluffhead (rank 100 sorc), Phearce (rank 80 pt), Josiewales (rank 70 slinger)
MoX: Prophecy of the Five

Prigoth
10.04.2012 , 03:22 PM | #96
Abyss - Progressive Raiding Guild

Aerro
10.04.2012 , 03:28 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by FluffBcca View Post
Competition? This would only work in a game where all parties involved took the EXACT same group makeup with the EXACT same skill trees in order to see who the best players are. How about we just say good job and continue on?
Wait, what? So that means, by your definition, that all competitive raiding guilds in WoW don't count (even though they're paid/sponsored), because they don't run the exact same make-up.

Player skill determines if something is cleared first or not, of course you need the 2 tanks, 4 healers, etc... but the specifics of those roles don't determine a groups success unless the players are skilled.
Arsenal DPS Guide
One of the leading Mercenaries in a World Progression Guild.

Rupert
10.04.2012 , 03:34 PM | #98
Competition? This would only work in a game where all parties involved took the EXACT same group makeup with the EXACT same skill trees in order to see who the best players are. How about we just say good job and continue on?
I mean yeah with that logic no one is ever on the same playing field so why keep track? I was just suggesting a restart of tracking on the last boss since it's true difficulty isn't really accessible for 16m given the bug in place, but as I stated, this won't be possible without the cooperation of your guild and CKN. Obviously we're all going to have to kill it again regardless post-patch and it will be more difficult..

itsmymillertime
10.04.2012 , 03:52 PM | #99
I think the 3rd proof of having everyone in the same guild is pretty retarded. Is the loot different from 8m and 16m? And why force a pic of 8 or 16 guild members when it can changed by non guild members.

The_Rye_Guy
10.04.2012 , 04:50 PM | #100
The above statement is not the opinion of MoX, carry on.
Boat - Operative, Healer
Yacht - Operative, Healer
Ryeguy - Sith Marauder