Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I believe...

Lord_Ravenhurst
10.04.2012 , 05:06 AM | #1
I believe there is a TON of new exciting content on the way. I believe what James Ohlen said.

Once I was pessimistic, but not anymore.. I think that theyīll soon make a huge announcement about things and ways how to play the game we didnīt even think of yet..

Itīs BIOWARE
Itīs STAR WARS

I think Makeb is just a teaser to keep us a little excited, something the marketing department picked to announce...
The team working on TOR is said to be one of the biggest in the industry, and you think all they have in store for us is Makeb, an OP, a WZ a FP and a new companion? Haha ! You will fall of your chairs and I will say " I told you so"...

Disclaimer: Itīs all speculation, but Iīm prepared for a pleasant surprise...soon

SithVeritas
10.04.2012 , 05:10 AM | #2
''For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting.''

- James Ohlen

Just leaving this here.

Lord_Ravenhurst
10.04.2012 , 05:13 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by SithVeritas View Post
''For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting.''

- James Ohlen

Just leaving this here.
Nothing wrong with this quote, we are now in Q4 of 2012 and there is enough time left for surprises.
Of course, the layoffs and F2P transition slowed down the update plan a bit, but so far I think they are on track again, reorganized, alive and kicking

Costello
10.04.2012 , 05:15 AM | #4
With 2012 almost over I wouldnt suspect many people felt like they were getting their money's worth hence the move to free to play.

I hope to be surprised so far we have got one new zone the black hole which was mostly text based quests, 2 flash points Kaon and lost island (the later few people seem to play), 2 new ops (the later just out) and 1 new warzone and group finder and 2 events that lasted a week. I am probably forgetting something but for 11 months that doesn't seem vast amounts.

So hopefully the team have noticed how little they have had to offer players and are going to surprise us all. If they aren't all working on free to play fluff.

Trenter
10.04.2012 , 05:21 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by SithVeritas View Post

- James Ohlen

Just leaving this here.
So they fell behind schedule a bit. A lot of people didn't wanna wait around and see what the future would bring, which of course forced Bioware to change their plans somewhat. I really don't see what is so sensational with this quote. It's the latest forum fad to spread this around, but seriously... And, hell - 2012 is far from over yet.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" - Hunter S. Thompson

Lord_Ravenhurst
10.04.2012 , 05:31 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Trenter View Post
So they fell behind schedule a bit. A lot of people didn't wanna wait around and see what the future would bring, which of course forced Bioware to change their plans somewhat. I really don't see what is so sensational with this quote. It's the latest forum fad to spread this around, but seriously... And, hell - 2012 is far from over yet.
^^ this 100%

NRVNQSR
10.04.2012 , 05:48 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Trenter View Post
Exactly, anyone else sick of the entitled people who started screaming that there aren't new class stories and planets to explore in the SAME YEAR the game launched? HOW many threads have we seen demanding full expansions starting only 3 months after launch? *** people, seriously ***

BenjaminminU
10.04.2012 , 06:25 AM | #8
I'm still waiting for my HK droid, i think their best bet would be to finish a huge load of content, then lock down the studio for 2 weeks of testing, get everyone there to test all the new content. So have the PVP team fighting through Makeb while the flashpoints and operations team goes to grab HK-51, then have the community team test out Ancient Hypergates while some of the other developers test out upcoming quality of life improvements (hood toggle, new legacy perks)

Honestly i think some of the content must have been being built since 1.2 since there was no new actual content in 1.3.
"Declaration: Assassination protocols active. Greetings, master" - HK-51

Majspuffen
10.04.2012 , 07:10 AM | #9
I am giving Bioware the benefit of the doubt. They say they want to release content per 6 weeks, and it feels like they've stacked up a lot of content. 1.4 was a very small patch in comparison to 1.2, but I don't mind it if they can stay true to their own word for once.
Lambaste!
Best talent in the Galaxy!

Lord_Ravenhurst
10.04.2012 , 07:35 AM | #10
As soon as they will announce free roaming space combat/exploration, subs will go through the roof, and all previous problems will be forgotten.
Imagine going to your ship hangar and taking off manually...