Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Fix Novare Coast

Voranis
10.03.2012 , 10:47 PM | #41
I'm dying to get in game and try to expand this exploit!

Next civil war map, I'm going to have the whole team form a circle around the objective at mid.
Instant win!!!
Oh, I can't wait!

On a side note, I was defending a node on NC just the other day.
Standing right in front of it all by my lonesome, when an enemy stealther showed up and kept trying to hack the node.
I didn't even attack them for a few moments as I was just rofl as they tried to wiggle in behind to get to the node on one side, then the other. Eventually I said "Oh sorry, didn't see you there" and took a step forward. They started to hack the node and I killed them. But yeah .. this exploit can be a lot of fun, if you're on the right side.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
One man's fate decided by another man's wait.
Voranis Cometchaser-Master Bounty Hunter/Creature Handler-Bloodfin

DarthBloodloss
10.03.2012 , 10:55 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by GARhenus View Post
Happened to me last night, I even said please but the other guy said, "I'm sorry, but we can't let you do that"

I said "pretty please," and it worked. We won 100% - 0... also got a medal for courteousness
That medal was well earned. I should probably set up some polite macros.

Quote: Originally Posted by Voranis View Post
Next civil war map, I'm going to have the whole team form a circle around the objective at mid.
Instant win!!!
I will also be adding this to my strategy.
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

TheronFett
10.04.2012 , 02:29 AM | #43
5 points to the next person who provides a screenshot of their newly created body type 4 toon named "Consoleblocker".

Voranis
10.04.2012 , 04:41 AM | #44
rofl ...
Remind me to thank EA/BW for the extra character slots .....
Now to find the perfect pose.

http://imageshack.us/a/img837/6812/consoleblocker.jpg
One man's fate decided by another man's wait.
Voranis Cometchaser-Master Bounty Hunter/Creature Handler-Bloodfin

TheronFett
10.04.2012 , 08:34 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Voranis View Post
rofl ...
Remind me to thank EA/BW for the extra character slots .....
Now to find the perfect pose.

http://imageshack.us/a/img837/6812/consoleblocker.jpg
LOL! That's awesome!

All your mailbox are belong to us!

The_Brick
10.04.2012 , 09:26 AM | #46
LOL, your toon doesn't have to be body type 4 for this... type 1 works just as well. It's the size of the hit box that's blocking the node, not the toon itself. I just find it hilarious that there's so many failhards QQ'ing about it.

Glower
10.04.2012 , 10:28 AM | #47

Thanks! I'll try it on next warzone!
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

TUXs
10.04.2012 , 10:33 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
LOL Seriously, learn to AOE.
NO **edit**! I was thinking the same thing. We have an abundance of Commando's in our guild...this sounds like a freaking DREAM for us! With the AOE's we can bring, I would absolutely LOVE to face a team of morons stacked up like that!!! Any who tried to escape, I'd knockback into the huddle. PLEASE let me face this team of 'exploiters' tonight!!!!
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Tamilveeran
10.04.2012 , 12:48 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by kerensk View Post
funniest thread ever!
Especially when he said he was on a superior team that kept getting beaten by people standing in the way!
^rofl

Boyana
10.04.2012 , 03:09 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Arcadius-Fett View Post
This is more of a change that needs to be made rather than a fix, technically. But seeing as how it is a broken mechanic, I think applying the term "fix" fits right in. I'm tired of being on a superior team and not being able to cap a node because players take advantage of the fact that you cannot capture the node if someone stands in front of it. I have had it happen too many times, hell, sometimes it's your own team's fault.

I was just in a game of NC where a couple of sorc healers piled up in front of the southern node while my team was capping it and then they proceeded to shock everyone and then heal each other nonstop. Their teammates kept coming and piling up in front of the node and we had to just keep killing them all but it was useless as they would just return from their spawn and stand there again. They stand in front of the node getting healed, we kill them, they spawn, rinse and repeat. Thanks to this team exploiting this clearly broken mechanic we were unable to cap. Something needs to be changed, make the area to click wider than a person or two, I don't know Bioware but I'm sure you can think of something.
So many contradictions.
Anyway, guilty I am for standing in front of it while casting heals and knocking them back! I will, also, continue on doing it until BioWare bans me for exploiting over, obviously, Superior team that doesn't know how to use knockbacks, pulls and tons of warriors.

P.s. you can cap if someone is standing in front of it.