Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rabenschwinge
10.04.2012 , 02:09 AM | #2101
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
Before we go way off the rails into body type & self-image IRL, maybe we'd better get back on topic. So I'll glom onto something here to pull us back on course:

Mako - does she look too young to you for a romance to seem appropriate? I have to say she never struck me as child-like. I'd never thought of it that way until I read that here just now.
My bounty Hunter is level 11 so my insight is limited. There are some indicators however. The way she bursts in tear at one moment in the beginning, the way she emphasizes that she's not a child. The way she stumbles over this, ready to get defensive, when you actually say "yes" when she asks to come along with you. What really seems uncomfortable to me is that "You should watch out a little more" when she heals anything - even if she heals herself after giving her a better mod and her endurance increases. That's perfectly alright for now, but if she keeps at it in act II+. it's gonna annoy me about on the same level as Tharan's "Did I mentioned I'm a pacifist?" (Yes, you did. Three zillion times.)
Ah, yes. "Reapers."

HellbirdIV
10.04.2012 , 02:13 AM | #2102
Quote: Originally Posted by Rabenschwinge View Post
Kira and Nadia are body type one (but not constrained regarding the face like a player character would. Kria's face is a lot more round than a character with body type 1 could possibly make it) and Temple and Kaliyo are body type 2.
Kira is Body Type 2 (though I had to check to be sure with my BT2 Sentinel), and Kaliyo is 1. Got the others right though.

Mako - does she look too young to you for a romance to seem appropriate? I have to say she never struck me as child-like. I'd never thought of it that way until I read that here just now.
Not quite "child-like", but certainly young. I'd hedge my bets on her being 16-18 at most (not counting the SPOILERS in her companion story). Her voice, appearance and demeanour (as well as the backstory she gives you) all give me the impression of a young but intellectually mature (if a little emotionally immature at times) woman.

"Did I mentioned I'm a pacifist?" (Yes, you did. Three zillion times.)
Step 1: Roll Sith Pureblood.

Step 2: Get Tharan.

Step 3: Use Racial Social ability.

Step 4: Endless amusement.

chuixupu
10.04.2012 , 02:27 AM | #2103
Quote: Originally Posted by HellbirdIV View Post
Not quite "child-like", but certainly young. I'd hedge my bets on her being 16-18 at most (not counting the SPOILERS in her companion story). Her voice, appearance and demeanour (as well as the backstory she gives you) all give me the impression of a young but intellectually mature (if a little emotionally immature at times) woman.
Spoiler
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

natashina
10.04.2012 , 02:35 AM | #2104

Awesome! Thanks for the laugh. That reminds me; I need to get at least one of my Purebloods to max level.

losdia
10.04.2012 , 03:01 AM | #2105
I've never played a BH far enough to romance her (I keep meaning to, I really want to unlock Chiss), so I can't really say with much certainty, but I always thought she was meant to be more mousey than loli. Even if she is intended to be young I think it counts as "legal loli" since the story takes place over an indeterminate number of years and her lack of aging is just a limitation of the technology. That sort of thing bothers some people, but I tend to think of it as a "don't like, don't play" sort of things. /shrug
"Say, Mike... Did we just do something horribly wrong?"
"Yeah, I think so."
-MST3K, Invasion USA

HellbirdIV
10.04.2012 , 03:44 AM | #2106
Quote: Originally Posted by losdia View Post
I've never played a BH far enough to romance her (I keep meaning to, I really want to unlock Chiss), so I can't really say with much certainty, but I always thought she was meant to be more mousey than loli.
Indeed. I did say she looks like a little girl, but that doesn't necessarily reflect her actual age (since, as I also mentioned, she is at least intellectually mature). I know quite a few people whose ages I've been mistaken about because they look significantly younger or older than they really were... or maybe that's just a sign of my own old age

Rabenschwinge
10.04.2012 , 04:02 AM | #2107

What is the true Sith Racial ability?
Ah, yes. "Reapers."

HellbirdIV
10.04.2012 , 04:12 AM | #2108
What is the true Sith Racial ability?
It's called "Punish", and it makes you pimp-slap your current companion because... Well, because Sith don't need a reason to be abusive.

I made it a habit of using it on Khem Val every time he Disapproved of me making a decision just because it wasn't murderous-crazy. His sobbing is music to my ears.

Baptes
10.04.2012 , 04:22 AM | #2109
Before we go way off the rails into body type & self-image IRL, maybe we'd better get back on topic. So I'll glom onto something here to pull us back on course:

Mako is Asian or whatever Star Wars lingo is for that ethnicity. Human races never seemed too important when there were numerous alien species about.

Point is she's supposed to be small. And she is pretty small. Body Type 1. It was my hobby for a bit to try and make "clones" of story characters, and I recall making a Mako. She uses Republic implants which I didn't have access to at the time. Also she wears no makeup. Ah here. Yes I added makeup. Sue me.

As for age its not really easy to determine her exact age, but its safe to say she's an adult. Maybe a bit on the emotionally immature and naive side (though at times she seems more mature than your BH), but still a full fledged grown up. Otherwise the current hetero only romance would have just felt...eww.

Baptes
10.04.2012 , 04:25 AM | #2110
It's called "Punish", and it makes you pimp-slap your current companion because... Well, because Sith don't need a reason to be abusive.

I made it a habit of using it on Khem Val every time he Disapproved of me making a decision just because it wasn't murderous-crazy. His sobbing is music to my ears.
I do the same to Quinn, weaselly little git!