Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Zandilar
10.03.2012 , 07:17 PM | #2091
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
"Amazon" body type ? You mean body type 2 ? That's how I "translate" that.
My Commando and Jugg are bd 2. My Sorcerer is 3. She definetely has a "butchy" look (dammit, I need campaing legs so I can get rid of that stupid skirt for good, lol). And my agent is -zomg- body type 4
Body type 1 ? meh... doesn't really work
Clarification (and I don't mean to offend anyone with my descriptions below), this is how I see the body types:

BT 1 = Anorexic (I guess this one is meant to be just skinny)
BT 2 = Less Anorexic (this one is supposed to be the normal body type, I think)
BT 3 = Tall, athletic, muscular, in other words amazonian
BT 4 = healthy body weight, though some would call this one "fat", TVTropes would call this one Hollywood Pudgy. For some reason this one corresponds to the male corpulently obese (but muscular as well) body type.

Most of my characters are BT3, with one or two being either BT2 or 4. I refuse to use BT1 on principle.
Zandilar, an Australian, IN SPAAAAAAAACCCCEEEEE!!
Too many characters, most of them Chiss.

Halinmonk
10.03.2012 , 07:26 PM | #2092
Hey all! I've been on a break from Swotor do to school recently, but me and my friends would like to get back into it. A big draw for us all (do to being a group of mostly LGBT persons) is this feature, is their any news on it? At last check it was said to be coming with 1.4...?

Uluain
10.03.2012 , 07:47 PM | #2093
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinmonk View Post
Hey all! I've been on a break from Swotor do to school recently, but me and my friends would like to get back into it. A big draw for us all (do to being a group of mostly LGBT persons) is this feature, is their any news on it? At last check it was said to be coming with 1.4...?
No, but apparently, from what info is able to be leaked, still coming this year with new story content & Makeb. Best guess is late December, as F2P is set to drop next month.

Chucklehound
10.03.2012 , 10:07 PM | #2094
I never wanted to get into an MMORPG. I avoided WOW. I bought this game because EA took flak for including same-sex storylines. A blaze of glory in the media and FB. Now they seem to have quietly dropped it. This makes me very cross indeed. False advertising, etc.

Particularly irksome is the fact that they sideline this discussion and just ignore the requests for information. It's like being in the closet. An online dont-ask-don't-tell.

Shame on you, Bioware and EA. Shame!

Uluain
10.03.2012 , 10:26 PM | #2095
Quote: Originally Posted by Chucklehound View Post
I never wanted to get into an MMORPG. I avoided WOW. I bought this game because EA took flak for including same-sex storylines. A blaze of glory in the media and FB. Now they seem to have quietly dropped it. This makes me very cross indeed. False advertising, etc.

Particularly irksome is the fact that they sideline this discussion and just ignore the requests for information. It's like being in the closet. An online dont-ask-don't-tell.

Shame on you, Bioware and EA. Shame!
They haven't dropped it if what little snippets of information get out are any indication. But the inability of the devs and community team to discuss it is indeed disheartening.

wainot-keel
10.03.2012 , 10:43 PM | #2096
Quote: Originally Posted by Zandilar View Post
Clarification (and I don't mean to offend anyone with my descriptions below), this is how I see the body types:

BT 4 = healthy body weight, though some would call this one "fat", TVTropes would call this one Hollywood Pudgy. For some reason this one corresponds to the male corpulently obese (but muscular as well) body type.

Most of my characters are BT3, with one or two being either BT2 or 4. I refuse to use BT1 on principle.
Just in case, since I didn't make the clarification, in my previous post I was talking about my female characters, which are most of them. Only 1 male character, marauder BT2.

Totally agree on BT1. That's just too much. Her legs... damn. Tried a bunch of times to make a character with BT1 since some head/complexion combinations are good, but the general look is just... no.... doesn't work for me.

BT2 for me is the athletic one. Could be both strong and acrobatic, whereas BT3 I see it more like a bodybuilder

BT4, don't really have a label for it (definitely not fat), but let's just say my Mirialan agent is very, very proud of her curves I think she struts for Kaliyo. That means trouble.

losdia
10.04.2012 , 01:50 AM | #2097
I actually like BT1. I never took the difference of that type to be about weight, but rather age. The effects BT1 has on heads, especially when combined with one of the clean (or heavily freckled) complexions, tends to create characters that look like they are about 16. Whereas, if you combine BT1 with a very weathered complexion and one of the more lined heads, it can create a very nice wizened look. I tend to think that was the point of BT1, the extremes in age body type.
"Say, Mike... Did we just do something horribly wrong?"
"Yeah, I think so."
-MST3K, Invasion USA

HellbirdIV
10.04.2012 , 01:56 AM | #2098
Quote: Originally Posted by losdia View Post
I actually like BT1. I never took the difference of that type to be about weight, but rather age. The effects BT1 has on heads, especially when combined with one of the clean (or heavily freckled) complexions, tends to create characters that look like they are about 16. Whereas, if you combine BT1 with a very weathered complexion and one of the more lined heads, it can create a very nice wizened look. I tend to think that was the point of BT1, the extremes in age body type.
Yeah, that's the impression I had as well - For an easy example I can point at Mako (Who most people will agree looks like a little girl) and Kaliyo (Who most certainly does not). They both use the same body type but different facial traits (primarily Kaliyo's baldness and tattoos) give very different impressions, yet I never looked at them and thought they were overly thin.

Rabenschwinge
10.04.2012 , 02:02 AM | #2099
Quote: Originally Posted by Zandilar View Post
Personally I see it them like: slender, athletic, big, massive. Body type 2 is overidealized but a bit idealization compared to the real world is the norm in video games. If I look at the four female companions the three characters who reached high level have - Kira and Nadia are body type one (but not constrained regarding the face like a player character would. Kria's face is a lot more round than a character with body type 1 could possibly make it) and Temple and Kaliyo are body type 2.

Personally I prefer body type 1 for characters who rely on being fast and agile, namely Sith Assassin and Jedi Shadow. "You've got to watch them - be quick or be dead, snake eyes in heaven, the thief in your head."
Ah, yes. "Reapers."

Uluain
10.04.2012 , 02:03 AM | #2100
Before we go way off the rails into body type & self-image IRL, maybe we'd better get back on topic. So I'll glom onto something here to pull us back on course:

Mako - does she look too young to you for a romance to seem appropriate? I have to say she never struck me as child-like. I'd never thought of it that way until I read that here just now.