Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Denova HM 8, Kephess droids calibrating until inmune to damage

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Denova HM 8, Kephess droids calibrating until inmune to damage
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Maestrodomus
10.02.2012 , 02:57 PM | #81
We've been doing this 16 for weeks, so it was a surprise when we tried to finish out a clear in 8 because of the new raid. It wiped us twice before we put a pair on the far droid instead of just a tank like usual. Was fun and a little wrinkle to work out during an otherwise trivial portion of the fight.
Dark Fury [Canderous Ordo]

Slayeromen
10.02.2012 , 05:40 PM | #82
Yeah i take that back.. It just seemed impossible because someone wasn't interrupting. Downed it last night, wiped a few times but never because of that first phase. Good fun.

Narsikus
10.03.2012 , 12:47 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by winterau View Post
This appears to be easy for the people that have already cleared Denova, but for those of us still trying to make our way through it, this change makes it pretty hard.

Please consider leaving this in for nightmare, but give those few of us still trying to beat it for the first time the same amount of slack as everyone else got for so long.
^^^^^

NasherUK
10.03.2012 , 03:32 PM | #84
This can't be intended, in 8 man it will be impossible using some class setups since you can't stun the droids and you need 2 interrupters per mob. Also remembering that you have to move from the main bosses AOE and half the classes dont have ranged interrupts.

Teioh_White
10.03.2012 , 04:24 PM | #85
We did it with a 2 PT, 2 OP, 2 Snipes, 2 Merc set up. Only way to make the int's worse would've been to have 2 sin tanks as well. As for having to move out of AoE range, we just stayed in and soaked it with CD's, as they wouldn't be needed for awhile anyways.

We pretty much just did the same strat listed earlier. Four dps on the middle droid, rotating their ints. A healer and tank on the two side droids, with the int rotation going like: Tank-healer-Tank-Miss-Tank-Healer-Tank. The last droid would normally be at 3 stacks when help arrived.

bbates
10.03.2012 , 05:35 PM | #86
While it can be done this is clearly a bug and should be fixed/addressed by the DEV's the sad thing is they haven't even looked at or responded to this thread.

I expect more from our SWTOR team.

Denova had been out for what 4-5 months being cleared weekly by most raid groups a mechanic this big is changed with no announcement. it's just a little silly.
Zero 55 Merc, Tubbington 55 Mara, After 55 Sorc, SleepyBear 55 Opp, Tulduro 55 Jugg Mirand'a 55 Ptech, Naughtengton 55 Sage, Helle'quin 52 Gun,
Proud member of Animosity! The Firefly Legacy!

Dacce
10.03.2012 , 06:21 PM | #87
I expect that this is a NiM Denova mechanic that has leaked into HM. they possibly tested it to see how it would work and forgot to take it out when they released the patch.

I wouldn't be too upset by this, atleast it gives you a little bit of practice for the start of the nightmare mode fight :P
Visage - Dace - Fat'Clam - Fistula - Shimini - Malikada

AshlaBoga
10.03.2012 , 11:44 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by Dacce View Post
I expect that this is a NiM Denova mechanic that has leaked into HM. they possibly tested it to see how it would work and forgot to take it out when they released the patch.

I wouldn't be too upset by this, atleast it gives you a little bit of practice for the start of the nightmare mode fight :P
Same. To be honest, not only did it actually get us a bit more awake (we're a PST/EST guild so while it was 9 pm for me it was 12 am for the Raid Leader) it was nice to have a new mechanics to adapt to.

Still, I realize I was a bit selfish when I request that they leave this in, it's not fair to people who haven't done HM EC yet (it's just that I'd forgotten anyone hadn't).
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Alduinsm
10.04.2012 , 08:52 AM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by bbates View Post
While it can be done this is clearly a bug and should be fixed/addressed by the DEV's the sad thing is they haven't even looked at or responded to this thread.

I expect more from our SWTOR team.

Denova had been out for what 4-5 months being cleared weekly by most raid groups a mechanic this big is changed with no announcement. it's just a little silly.
Look again,there's a yellow response in this thread.
Shin

ElitehunterDS
10.04.2012 , 09:21 PM | #90
Working perfectly, the fact this ability was bugged since 1.2 was released is kinda sad, before 1.4 it was increasing damage on the target by x% every time, lol.

Steps to kill the droid:
1-Split the group in 3.
2- Interrupt all or almost all.
3- ????
4- Profit!

Cant understand that? Well maybe HM isnt made for you ;p
Retiring from SWTOR August 2013

Sev'ra Level 55 Sith Assassin {Deception spec}
Tempest (Prophecy of the Five)