Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why all the crying?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why all the crying?

klham
10.02.2012 , 10:11 PM | #31
Try commando in PvP. Then you'll see. But I agree that there is too much complaining generally. PvP'ers are a difficult group to please. I like the commando play style but I've accepted that it's not a PvP class.

SovereignConvict
10.03.2012 , 10:26 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Cybridwarform View Post
The pvp in this game is fine, i don't understand why everyday its a tear-fest?

No i don't play a smash jugg or a mara etc... I play a sniper and i have 0 complaints. People just need to learn to synergize and play off their team members strength and weakness'

Am i the only one who feels the game is fine? Has the human race lost its will to adapt? :-\
I completely agree with you. I think there's room to get better, for each and every class, but that's a constant endeavor. Overall, the mechanics are sound. Although, perhaps problems with any video game just don't play a large enough role in my life for me to confuse them with the end times.

Of all the MMOs I've played (and I've played almost all of them, including DAoC, GW, GW2, WoW, SWG, etc), I enjoy PvP in this game the most, by far.

So, don't worry, you're not alone. It's an unfortunate truism that most people that leave the game to post on the forums only do so when they're displeased, which has the added ill effect of making it seem like everyone is just always pissed off the whole time. Combine that with the compulsion for posters to tend towards dramatics as a substitute for substance to get attention, and you end up with MMO forums.

Joesixxpack
10.03.2012 , 11:16 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by SovereignConvict View Post
I completely agree with you. I think there's room to get better, for each and every class, but that's a constant endeavor. Overall, the mechanics are sound. Although, perhaps problems with any video game just don't play a large enough role in my life for me to confuse them with the end times.

Of all the MMOs I've played (and I've played almost all of them, including DAoC, GW, GW2, WoW, SWG, etc), I enjoy PvP in this game the most, by far.

So, don't worry, you're not alone. It's an unfortunate truism that most people that leave the game to post on the forums only do so when they're displeased, which has the added ill effect of making it seem like everyone is just always pissed off the whole time. Combine that with the compulsion for posters to tend towards dramatics as a substitute for substance to get attention, and you end up with MMO forums.
This.

Cybridwarform
10.03.2012 , 12:54 PM | #34
^ pretty much is it.

I just don't know why instead of people trying to improve or seeing what they did wrong in a fight and changing their combat tactics they continue to the same thing.

Even an infant after smashing the cube into the circle hole for sometime realizes that it does not go there and corrects it. I think that will be my christmas gift to everyone i know. Seems people forgot how to play with those infant toys.
Agent: What if i brought you flowers?
Kaliyo
: I would go find a man instead.
-A true woman.

DarthRaika
10.03.2012 , 01:20 PM | #35
dude having played all of the classes a geared sniper is better than a jug/mara/ptech and so that is likely why you don't have a problem with it. Now having said that I don't have a problem with balance. I have 5 50's and 3 close and all of them are great at their own roles. Some are weaker without gear but very very good with gear (scoundrel) but overall endgame they are all good in their role.

The only real problem is the complete lack of premade matching and also being able to optimize your wh gear. This makes optimized wh players think they are great and really enjoy pugstomping.

AiDeeKay
10.03.2012 , 01:34 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Hexdoll View Post
I am assuming you played WoW and do not anymore .... well why ....did you not like the direction of the game...so you just jumped ship....I mean is that not the ultimate expression of "crying over a game"?
By him leaving WoW, he's not "crying" over it. Crying is complaining about it and continuing to play in hopes that by some miracle the game will change just for you. He left because he didn't want to put up with it anymore. There is a difference.

AiDeeKay
10.03.2012 , 01:41 PM | #37
I can say for him, since he doesn't seem to be saying it himself: You're all focused on the fact that he said he plays a sniper. That he really has no reason to complain because he has the CC immunity and he can't be leaped to and whatnot. Take into consideration that people can main on more than one class. He's played multiple classes and he's still capable of PvPing efficiently despite the stun locks that people seem to complain about the most. He knows how to avoid them and PvP effectively. If people are really having this much trouble with the PvP after 1.4 then you really do just need to learn to adapt. I can tell you now that I've seen plenty of people do it with just a little bit of effort. Changes like these aren't going to stop, especially since the game is going F2P in November. That just means that the changes will come more frequently.

For me, PvP is fine. I play a Carnage Mara - I still play my lvl 50 Consumption (healing) Sorc on and off, and I will be playing a Powertech and an Operative in due time. Mind you, I don't have any idea how to play PTs or Ops, but like I said, I'm going to adapt and learn.

pqgarvis
10.03.2012 , 01:51 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by AiDeeKay View Post
By him leaving WoW, he's not "crying" over it. Crying is complaining about it and continuing to play in hopes that by some miracle the game will change just for you. He left because he didn't want to put up with it anymore. There is a difference.
Crying or Whining is Complaining without offering a solution.

If a solution is stated in a complaint which doesn't make sense or isn't thought out, then they are Stupid, and well you can't fix stupid.

Slicktime
10.03.2012 , 02:08 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by pqgarvis View Post
Crying or Whining is Complaining without offering a solution.

If a solution is stated in a complaint which doesn't make sense or isn't thought out, then they are Stupid, and well you can't fix stupid.
crying is when someone beats you because they are just better than you... many things are broken in this game so stating facts is not crying.

pqgarvis
10.03.2012 , 06:21 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Slicktime View Post
crying is when someone beats you because they are just better than you... many things are broken in this game so stating facts is not crying.
Come back to me when you pass 6th grade....