Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What the next Star Wars mmo needs

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
What the next Star Wars mmo needs

Sarfux
10.03.2012 , 12:18 PM | #1
More Sandbox. A sandbox done right. We need 20 plus planets that are ALL fully questable. Not this level bracket disappointment. We need to have OUR story, not stories that are made for us. There needs to be animal mounts, beast training, lots of species, lots of different classes, variety. That's what Star Wars is. Along with action to!

There needs to be minigames, housing complexes on every planet somewhere. There needs to be places able to sit, customization options in the game for your character so you can get a haircut or something. It needs to be done by a company who cares. Not just out to beat wow or get money. It needs to be done right. Not by copying a previous model. We are in the Star Wars galaxy. Make it like we are. We want to live our own adventures and make our own Legacy and story. Or ...if we don't want a story or don't want a Legacy we won't be forced into doing so.

That's what needs to be in the next Star Wars mmo. Take some risks Do it right. Take the time you need. Don't be greedy. Thanks for your time.
Always be who you are, not what the galaxy wants you to be

Mentor System

shadowrouge
10.03.2012 , 12:21 PM | #2
So your saying you want the original SWG again?
Weekend Beta tester 11-11-11/ Thanksgiving tester 11-25-11

Otti_Opao
10.03.2012 , 12:45 PM | #3
I don't think there will be a third Star Wars MMO

Sarfux
10.03.2012 , 12:51 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowrouge View Post
So your saying you want the original SWG again?
you dont understand....swg sucked for me Why would I want SWG again? Did you not read?
Always be who you are, not what the galaxy wants you to be

Mentor System

Lord_Ravenhurst
10.03.2012 , 12:52 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Otti_Opao View Post
true... not in the next 10-15 years, until we hook up to the internet with brain interfaces

Lord_Ravenhurst
10.03.2012 , 12:54 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarfux View Post
you dont understand....swg sucked for me Why would I want SWG again? Did you not read?
umm Sarfux, but you notice pretty much everything you described was in SWG.
Why did it suck for you? Well the graphics were 2003 ugly and the game was generally rather buggy, but the concept was awesome. IŽd love to see a completely revamped SWG 2.0

Trenter
10.03.2012 , 01:15 PM | #7
I hope you aren't too offended by this Sarfux, but you are one of the most peculiar posters on these boards. Your opinions on TOR are all over the place. You seem to go from satisfaction to disappointment and back to satisfaction on a weekly basis. I'm not having a go and I often enjoy your posts. You are quite puzzling to me however...

More on topic: what you want sounds like SWG. If that game didn't do anything for you as you say, then maybe what you mention in your op is not really what you want afterall?
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" - Hunter S. Thompson

ScarletBlaze
10.03.2012 , 01:23 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarfux View Post
I read it and pretty much what you described was in SWG.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: Redemption: The battle of Xa Fel https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/r-1rAjOuo30

sithgreyguard
10.03.2012 , 01:24 PM | #9
why the next star wars mmo? why not this one?

Kilikaa
10.03.2012 , 01:31 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Otti_Opao View Post
Never count it out. It would just be made by LUcas Arts. I think they will be making all future Star Wars games.