Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Fix Novare Coast

beattlebilly
10.03.2012 , 06:26 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by TheronFett View Post
I'm going to start re-rolling all my toons to body type 4, just so I can be a boss at Novarre Coast.
I "shamefully" admit I "exploited" a fat man body type on my team once in Novare. I stood right behind him and capped, the other team though he was capping and they were hitting him with single target attacks, not a single one of them AoE'ed I guess they couldn't get an angle to see me because he was a little bit inside the entrance to the box

OP, pulls and knockbacks work wonders in that situation, I've done that a few times to break the cycle. Even with the new facing rules for knockbacks it should work.
The BastionThe Dynamite LegacySix Sith Bag

Boy, it sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don't you think?

Technohic
10.03.2012 , 06:37 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by beattlebilly View Post
I "shamefully" admit I "exploited" a fat man body type on my team once in Novare. I stood right behind him and capped, the other team though he was capping and they were hitting him with single target attacks, not a single one of them AoE'ed I guess they couldn't get an angle to see me because he was a little bit inside the entrance to the box

OP, pulls and knockbacks work wonders in that situation, I've done that a few times to break the cycle. Even with the new facing rules for knockbacks it should work.
LOL Seriously, learn to AOE.

A BH with DFA and a sniper or op; preferably an engineering sniper to go beyond orbital strike would have a field day.

Joesixxpack
10.03.2012 , 07:39 AM | #24
Not an exploit, and any loss resulting from it is deserved.

Solarenergy
10.03.2012 , 08:47 AM | #25
Where exactly were they standing? Were they completely blocking the console in every way? I ask this because surely you must have had at least one stealther on your team. Could he have used his sneak ability and gotten behind them to cap? It looks like they were distracted and only focused on healing each other. A stealther can use that to his advantage.

Also, perhaps your team should have tried taking another turret. If the enemy's attention was so focused on that one, surely the other one must have had weak defenses. How about getting a couple of big shot DPS'ers like a sniper/gunslinger, powertech, etc, to burn down their HP so quick they won't even know what hit 'em? Another option would be to cc the sorcs who were doing this, or pull/grapple them away. Make them pay for their little stunt. Make them regret it.

I don't think you could stop them from standing right by the console anymore than you could stop a couple of enemies in Voidstar from sitting right by the door, or putting AOE's on the door, etc. You just have to improvise in situations like that, and like I said, just make them pay for it by countering it with your attacks/strategies. I'm not making fun of you or your team, just trying to offer helpful suggestions in case you run into a situation like that again. I understand what you're saying though, and really the responses this thread got were uncalled for. Welcome to the internet...unfortunately.

Mancer
10.03.2012 , 08:54 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by GARhenus View Post
if you can't kill 2 sorcs healing each other then there's no way your team's superior

also, that's 2 less healers on the other node
This guy gets it!
I achieved the ultimate level of SWTOR endgame: Forum ranting & trolling!

UberDuberSoldat
10.03.2012 , 09:08 AM | #27
Working as intended: L2P. I bet you think the following is also an exploit:

Holding the huttball for the tiebreaker
Slowing the enemy team in VS so you can chain plant on offense
Double CC-stunning a single node defender on Civil war to cap the off-node

Just because you get your feather's ruffled after someone outsmarted you doesn't mean it's an "exploit", "bug" or the system is in any way broken.

The_Brick
10.03.2012 , 09:51 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by UberDuberSoldat View Post
Working as intended: L2P. I bet you think the following is also an exploit:

Holding the huttball for the tiebreaker
Slowing the enemy team in VS so you can chain plant on offense
Double CC-stunning a single node defender on Civil war to cap the off-node

Just because you get your feather's ruffled after someone outsmarted you doesn't mean it's an "exploit", "bug" or the system is in any way broken.
Oh those are totally exploits... I mean, didn't you read what he wrote... his team is superior and thus is "Duh WINNING!!!"

/sarcasm

Capt_Beers
10.03.2012 , 12:07 PM | #29
I have to ask the obvious question here. So even if they weren't standing in front of the console and you could click it, do you honestly think that 2 opposing players are just going to allow you to cap? Do you think that they aren't going to interrupt you? The fact you are trying to cap with 2 guys clearly guarding the node tells me how superior your team is. While clicking around trying to find a spot to reach the console did it never occur to you to try and kill them?
<Super Bads> - POT5 - <WE ARE FARMERS>
Keith-Stone 55 Medic | | CaptBeers 55 Arsenal | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | Keef-Stone 55 Infiltration

Altheran
10.03.2012 , 12:35 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
I have to ask the obvious question here. So even if they weren't standing in front of the console and you could click it, do you honestly think that 2 opposing players are just going to allow you to cap? Do you think that they aren't going to interrupt you? The fact you are trying to cap with 2 guys clearly guarding the node tells me how superior your team is. While clicking around trying to find a spot to reach the console did it never occur to you to try and kill them?
Sometimes, trying to kill people is a waste because the time you do it, some other ones come and back-up. When you're superior in numbers, sometimes it's better to forcefully cap. It is really hard to avoid cap from numerous people.

I understand the OP at some point. In other WZ when someone is trying to cap a node or plant/deplant a bomb you have to stop him by your own means (attacking him, controlling him), it's active. But when you just stand in front of the console in this WZ, you avoid anybody to cap your turret without doing anything else, just standing here, it's passive. Unless that using your body to break line of sight (considering that all body type don't break line of sight equally) is considered as a fair way to avoid caps (and so it needs the intervention of BW staff to confirm it) it looks like exploiting (not exploiting a bug but exploiting a mechanic in a way the devs didn't thought of)