Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

350 BH Comms Implant

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ephesia's Avatar


Ephesia
10.03.2012 , 10:33 AM | #61
AllisonBerryman you have disappointed a lot of the players with this ridiculous itemization and pricing today. Please get this sorted out.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

recsa's Avatar


recsa
10.03.2012 , 10:34 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Shai-Huluud View Post
At the risk of coming across as a whiner I honestly thought that there had been an error when I looked at the stats on these implants.

As a sentinal (I cant speak for any other classes) it would be a downgrade for me...I'd be interested in alternative viewpoints on this as I've never been a particularly good number cruncher and realise I may just not understand what I'm looking at.
Depends on your setup, if you are relying on your implants to reach the 100% accuracy (as most of us sents and maras do) then yes, the hazmat ones are useless, since the accuracy one comes with crit instead of power, if you have your accuracy solved with talents and/or other gear pieces, then the Hazmat Foestoppers MK-3 is an expensive but nice choice
A long time from now, in a galaxy far, far away, fanbois will realize they hurt games they love in a way no troll could ever dream of.

Fayme's Avatar


Fayme
10.03.2012 , 10:36 AM | #63
From what I have read up to this point, and correct me if I'm wrong (I'm sure someone will)...
We can't get BH comms from the weekly at the BH on corellia for doing dailies, can't get them from the bosses or chests in SM EC anymore, can't get them from the rakghouls fp weekly (Kaon and LI). From last nights run of the first 2 bosses in HM TFB, the bosses only drop one piece of gear per boss. You think maybe bioware thinks they made the gear grind too easy and are trying to remedy that? If so, I think they are painting with too broad a brush...

Edit: Apparently the BH comms from doing the blackhole dailies was a bug and is working now.
SWTOR PvP = nerf teams of stunlocking operatives to create teams of stunlocking [insert any AC here]

anakedcowboy's Avatar


anakedcowboy
10.03.2012 , 10:38 AM | #64
If I could play devil's advocate for a minute:

These hazmat implants also drop from the very first (and honestly very easy) boss in TFB HM. This is merely an alternate way of acquiring them.

350 BH comms isn't a shocking amount for a HM Ops raider. You get 33? just from 1 run of TFB HM (5 bosses + the weekly), another 28 from EC HM, 6 from the BHcorellia area dailies you can run in 30 minutes to make a ton of cash, 5 from GF every day. It adds up really fast.

If you're at the point where you'd be acquiring hazmat level gear naturally through TFB HM, you have little to nothing else to spend BH comms on anyway, and probably already have quite a few banked. For some classes, these are best in slot (and for those that they aren't, they should be fixed, I completely agree there).

If you're only doing story mode content, you shouldn't be able to acquire the best possible gear in the game (at least easily).

Ephesia's Avatar


Ephesia
10.03.2012 , 10:45 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by anakedcowboy View Post
If I could play devil's advocate for a minute:

These hazmat implants also drop from the very first (and honestly very easy) boss in TFB HM. This is merely an alternate way of acquiring them.

350 BH comms isn't a shocking amount for a HM Ops raider. You get 33? just from 1 run of TFB HM (5 bosses + the weekly), another 28 from EC HM, 6 from the BHcorellia area dailies you can run in 30 minutes to make a ton of cash, 5 from GF every day. It adds up really fast.

If you're at the point where you'd be acquiring hazmat level gear naturally through TFB HM, you have little to nothing else to spend BH comms on anyway, and probably already have quite a few banked. For some classes, these are best in slot (and for those that they aren't, they should be fixed, I completely agree there).

If you're only doing story mode content, you shouldn't be able to acquire the best possible gear in the game (at least easily).
So think about this a little. There are a lot of guilds who are only beginning the progression to TFB HM so it'll be only a very few percentage of players who will get the 33 Commendations. You don't get 28 Comms in EC HM anymore unless I'm mistaken, you get only 20 (chests have been removed). This is equal to weeks of grinding just for an implant piece. Something is wrong with that.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

anakedcowboy's Avatar


anakedcowboy
10.03.2012 , 10:52 AM | #66
You still get 8 for the weekly EC quest. I didn't think that was removed. In fact, I'm pretty sure the checkpoint for getting those comms was moved to the tanks instead of the minefield, making them easier. 5 per boss + 8 for the quest.

It's an alternative method of acquiring gear that also drops in the hardest raid in the game. It doesn't seem crazy to me the amount of time it would take to get these when a dedicated raider can pull down 75-90 BH comms a week per raiding character. I think people would feel less annoyed by the cost if they were truly vastly superior implants for every class than those that cost 1/10th of the cost.

Everyone gets an opinion

recsa's Avatar


recsa
10.03.2012 , 10:52 AM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Ephesia View Post
So think about this a little. There are a lot of guilds who are only beginning the progression to TFB HM so it'll be only a very few percentage of players who will get the 33 Commendations. You don't get 28 Comms in EC HM anymore unless I'm mistaken, you get only 20 (chests have been removed). This is equal to weeks of grinding just for an implant piece. Something is wrong with that.
If some1 is not doing TfB HM, he should not be working on Hazmat implants, Black Hole ones are much more cheaper, almost as efficient (even more depending on gear setup) and absolutely enough for smashing EC HM.
A long time from now, in a galaxy far, far away, fanbois will realize they hurt games they love in a way no troll could ever dream of.

Durasturan's Avatar


Durasturan
10.03.2012 , 10:57 AM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by Ephesia View Post
AllisonBerryman you have disappointed a lot of the players with this ridiculous itemization and pricing today. Please get this sorted out.
I'm pretty sure this is proof positive that NO ONE involved in developing this game plays it any more. All the devs must have unsubbed months ago.

6-8 weeks PER implant?
100 Warzones for the WH chest piece?
Relics that actually DEGRADE your stats over the previous tier?
PVP items that are better for PVE than anything you can buy or that drops for PVE?
Being FORCED to take certain stats or mix and match your gear sets... Alacrity lol useless...

Wouldn't surprise me at all if the Indians they are outsourcing their artwork to are also putting the stats on them. Would make sense why all of the gear sets are absurd.

frivera's Avatar


frivera
10.03.2012 , 11:06 AM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Completely agreed. It's a bullsh*t price that doesn't reflect the value of the item. If it was awesome, an honest to goodness upgrade, then yeah, maybe that kind of inflation makes sense, but this is ridiculous.

Your itemiztion guys are doing a piss poor job. I have no problem grinding out comms for stuff that actually is worth the grind. This? This is just busy work and poor design.

^^ Right on, this is B.S.

Cran's Avatar


Cran
10.03.2012 , 11:07 AM | #70
I agree, if the implants were really awesome, there could be some justification for the price, but like this...