Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I've gone through the first three pages - Queuing for WZ/FPs rationale?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
I've gone through the first three pages - Queuing for WZ/FPs rationale?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Trollokdamus
10.01.2012 , 02:31 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by HelinCarnate View Post
Ok then can we get the ability to put people on ignore and not have to queue warzones with them too so we don't have to deal with people like you more than once? While there is no actual punnishment to leave we do have the ability to ignore those we do not want to group with for GF so we do not have to deal with them more than once if they make our game less enjoyable. Why not allow the same for Warzones?
Personally i don't have anything against what you suggest. It works just fine for FP's and should do just as good in WZ's, so people "like you" can avoid playing with people "like me".
Have to warn you though that people leaving exactly because of FP queue pops are the minority and you can't really separate them from those who leave for one of a million other reasons. So i guess your ignore list is going to be filled in a couple of days.

AllisonBerryman
10.03.2012 , 08:58 AM | #32 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi everyone, we asked Rob Hinkle (Senior PvP Designer) to shed some more light on why this change was made. As many of you suspected, we implemented this change to reduce the frequency with which players abandon Warzone matches mid-fight. We found that Group Finder queues popping were a major cause of players leaving, and wanted to mitigate this negative impact on Warzones.

iamthehoyden
10.03.2012 , 09:14 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Hi everyone, we asked Rob Hinkle (Senior PvP Designer) to shed some more light on why this change was made. As many of you suspected, we implemented this change to reduce the frequency with which players abandon Warzone matches mid-fight. We found that Group Finder queues popping were a major cause of players leaving, and wanted to mitigate this negative impact on Warzones.
Are there any plans for making fp lfg more viable for dps at lower levels? Because this decision isn't helping those at all.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Mithros
10.03.2012 , 09:28 AM | #34
Wouldn't, possibly, it work better if the queue just wouldn't pop during a PvP match?

Allow people to queue for PvP while waiting for some other mission, but just not give them the option to queue out of a PvP match once it starts?

That way the people would have the option of PvPing to keep busy. If they lose their place in line in a queue for a flashpoint then so be it, but if the flashpoint was slow coming together, it might still be waiting for them when they get out of their warzone, particularly if they were a tank or a healer.
Beta Squadron 157

As long as we remember, it's never really gone.

Andryah
10.03.2012 , 09:42 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
Wouldn't, possibly, it work better if the queue just wouldn't pop during a PvP match?

Allow people to queue for PvP while waiting for some other mission, but just not give them the option to queue out of a PvP match once it starts?

That way the people would have the option of PvPing to keep busy. If they lose their place in line in a queue for a flashpoint then so be it, but if the flashpoint was slow coming together, it might still be waiting for them when they get out of their warzone, particularly if they were a tank or a healer.
Think about it though... in the context of our player base. Wouldn't that generate as many complaints though? Along the lines of "OMG.... I never get a flashpoint queue pop!!!!.....SWTOR is Fail!!.... Fix it NAO!!!!"

Personally, I agree with their change to the mechanics here. Fact is, if people would show some self-discipline and not drop from group when something better (to them) pops, they would never of had an issue to address here. If you join a group to do something as a group.. you should show commitment to the group to finish what you started IMO.... not just run as soon as the candy bell goes off. Since people can't self-discipline, Bioware did it for you.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Lium
10.03.2012 , 09:42 AM | #36
I actually support this move. Way too many people leaving WZs mid-fight. Not only does it inconvenience their teammates, but it's not fair to the poor sod who gets dropped into the middle of the warzone to take their place.

This was standard practice in WoW. You were not allowed to queue for both BGs and dungeons at the same time.

TUXs
10.03.2012 , 09:43 AM | #37
How does Rob, the Senior PvP Designer, not realize/understand the counter effect this change has?!

Rather than queuing up for their dailies and waiting for the queue to pop while doing WZ's, now people are just skipping the WZs. This harms the very thing he's directly involved in designing...PvP.

The BETTER solution would have been to suppress the GF pop-up until AFTER a WZ. 13min max.
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

anakedcowboy
10.03.2012 , 09:43 AM | #38
This was obviously the only possible reason. A far better solution would be something like above, where if your queue pops during a match, you are told you are being skipped and placed at the top of the GF queue, so you know not to requeue for warzones (because your GF is due to pop soon).

The current alternative of having to choose to wait in one very long line (GF for DPS) while doing nothing is causing both pvp and GF queues to increase on my server.

Andryah
10.03.2012 , 09:44 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Lium View Post
I actually support this move. Way too many people leaving WZs mid-fight. Not only does it inconvenience their teammates, but it's not fair to the poor sod who gets dropped into the middle of the warzone to take their place.

This was standard practice in WoW. You were not allowed to queue for both BGs and dungeons at the same time.
Exactly.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

TUXs
10.03.2012 , 09:45 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Lium View Post

This game isn't W0W and this change will have a VERY minimal impact on people leaving WZ's.
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.