Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

shield, defence, absorbsion caps?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Roles > Tanking
shield, defence, absorbsion caps?

KeyboardNinja
08.06.2012 , 12:20 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBigGregski View Post
I'm playing a shadow currently almost full campaign/BH (only missing the saber hilt and one 26 armoring for my bracers), with augments in each slot of course. My stats are, with full buffs and prototype stim :

Endurance : 2261
Willpower : 1538
Accuracy : 96.70% (171 rating)
Health : 25563
Armor : 6141 ( :'( booohooooo neeeeerf)
Damage reduction : 40.25% (please don't hit me !)
Defense 28.34% (430)
Shield : 40.54% (419) without kinetic ward
Absorb : 56.32% (463)

And playing with shield amplification campaign relic and the shield boost clickable one (don't know the english name, shrouded crusader or sumthin')

So any advice for min/maxing this would be, by me, appreciated

EDIT : http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...2-c8774d9e0b91 for detailed view
For future reference, it's better to post stats *without* stim and buffs. The AMR profile is best (didn't see that until I scrolled down). In any case...

Including self-heal and assuming the same spec that I use, your survivability is 75.7297% with a spikiness of 35.7371%. I included your shield proc relic in there, but not your activated shield relic. The activated shield relic *conflicts* with the procing shield relic (because of DR), so really only one of them counts. You really should pick up the healing relic. The defense relic is excellent as well, but the healing relic gives you about 0.5% (additive) more survivability.

Your current stat priority is as follows: shield > defense > absorb. You should get those stats by taking points out of accuracy, which is essentially worthless. I know it's annoying to see that "Miss" text, but trust me when I say that it really doesn't matter. Accuracy is a damage stat (thus threat), and a tertiary one at that. Drop it.

To be more precise on the stat priorities, 18 points of shield (an augment) will give you 0.12228% added survivability; 18 points of defense will give you 0.11629% added survivability; 18 points of absorb will give you 0.10948% added survivability.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dragonslayer on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (combat sentinel) Nimri (df scoundrel)
Averith (hybrid sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (jugg tank) Effek (ap powertech)

TheBigGregski
08.06.2012 , 11:55 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by _gideon View Post
I love it when people say they want to min/max... but only a little. You don't have to be a mathematician to use someone else's spreadsheet.

<Insert generic troll here> I don't have time to waste devising a stupid enough answer.

KeyboardNinja, that's what I call constructive criticism dude I've already got ridden of two accuracy augments and will drop the BH shield for the campaign one asap. As for the relic dilemna, I've never thought of the DR/conflict issue. Liked the idea of having another defensive CD, but you've made your point there. Although, I'm not wild about the healing relic as i've learned not to rely too much on my self-healing, as there are a lot of situations where you simply can't stand still for 3 consecutive seconds, so i'm probably going for proc shield/defense pvp for starters, swap a few mods, and see if Kephess will stop beating the holy crap out of me.

Thanks all for your help, and may the Force be with you.

KeyboardNinja
08.06.2012 , 12:13 PM | #33
KeyboardNinja, that's what I call constructive criticism dude I've already got ridden of two accuracy augments and will drop the BH shield for the campaign one asap. As for the relic dilemna, I've never thought of the DR/conflict issue. Liked the idea of having another defensive CD, but you've made your point there. Although, I'm not wild about the healing relic as i've learned not to rely too much on my self-healing, as there are a lot of situations where you simply can't stand still for 3 consecutive seconds, so i'm probably going for proc shield/defense pvp for starters, swap a few mods, and see if Kephess will stop beating the holy crap out of me.

Thanks all for your help, and may the Force be with you.
You're very welcome! :-)

As for your self-heal, it's worth noting that you have a constant self-heal that procs just by virtue of you attacking your target. If you take rapid recovery, the proc rate will be about once every 5.7 seconds; without rapid recovery, it's closer to 6.2 seconds (giving you a HPS of about 33). This means that a proc healing relic will activate once every 21-22 seconds, granting a HPS of 17-18. That's pretty good, and on *most* fights, better than the defense relic in terms of survivability contribution.

As for Kephess… Yeah. He hurts regardless of what you do. Anecdotally, shadows seem to be harder to heal through that final phase than guardians or vanguards. It may be because Kinetic Ward evaporates due to his swing timer, and so you usually end up with about 70-75% uptime on your 20% shield boost, which is definitely sub-optimal. Also, self-healing is usually a bit reduced in that final phase (unless you're *really* good at timing).
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dragonslayer on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (combat sentinel) Nimri (df scoundrel)
Averith (hybrid sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (jugg tank) Effek (ap powertech)

TheBigGregski
08.06.2012 , 02:35 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
Anecdotally, shadows seem to be harder to heal through that final phase than guardians or vanguards. It may be because Kinetic Ward evaporates due to his swing timer, and so you usually end up with about 70-75% uptime on your 20% shield boost, which is definitely sub-optimal. Also, self-healing is usually a bit reduced in that final phase (unless you're *really* good at timing).
Noticed that too, i've seen something like 4 or 5 stacks of KW disappearing in a second, and wondered what happened...

CitizenFry
08.06.2012 , 04:26 PM | #35
Noticed that too, i've seen something like 4 or 5 stacks of KW disappearing in a second, and wondered what happened...
If you go look in your log, you can see what's happening there...between the "big" hits, he actually launches quite a few small attacks that don't have much, if any, animation. This is bad for Shadows (eats KW) and good for everyone else (less likely to be screwed over by RNG)
Crafting on The Ebon Hawk. PST/mail: Blayze (rep) / K'ron (imp)
Armoring: Commando 26, Reflex 26; Barrel: Patron 26
Mod: Weighted 26+26B, Deflecting 26 Enhancement: Bulwark 26, Battle 26, Finesse 26
Ear: Black Hole Mender's MK-2 Relay

TheBigGregski
08.06.2012 , 06:12 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by CitizenFry View Post
If you go look in your log, you can see what's happening there...between the "big" hits, he actually launches quite a few small attacks that don't have much, if any, animation. This is bad for Shadows (eats KW) and good for everyone else (less likely to be screwed over by RNG)
Bastard ><

haksilence
10.03.2012 , 06:16 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by BlastingGravy View Post
I've never understood how people could be so confident in their knowledge and yet be so obviously wrong.
Defense caps at 30%
Shield and absorb cap at 50%
Please note that this is solely from rating, and does not include extra bonuses from things like your skill tree.
Details here:
http://www.swtorstrategies.com/wp-co.../03/iqlov4.jpg
http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forums/thread-364.html
yeah howmuch shield rating you stacking to get that? probably over 1000? im at 701 shield rating and thats got me just shy of 50% and thats with tree and shield granted from generator.