Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How big a Star Wars fan are you?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
How big a Star Wars fan are you?

Kubernetic
10.03.2012 , 03:09 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Skoobie View Post
Kubernetic, I believe you and I often disagree about things here on the forums, but not in this case.

I also was 7 in '77 like a few here. That opening scene blew my little mind. I remember feeling the theater rumble when those flew over. Still makes my hair stand on end.

It's good to see many of us old enough to remember....and to have enjoyed....the Star Wars hype of the time. I remember begging my parents to buy the soundtrack album (they did)...all the toys....the Burger King glasses....comic books....trading cards (I has a ton of those.....). Star Wars was freaking everywhere!

Good memories.

Remember it being all over the news? People camped out, lined up for blocks to get tickets. The interviews with the people in line "I've seen it 20 times now....." LOL

Take a look at how long that movie was #1 at the box office.

Movies will never have that kind of impact again, thanks to video/dvd/blu-ray.
Absolutely! And not sure about you, but for me, now that I think about it, it was double goodness... because not only did Star Wars hit the theaters, but so did Smokey & The Bandit... and I loved them both!

I do remember begging to go back and see Star Wars again. And even dressing up as a Stormtrooper for Halloween that year (or it might have been the next), with the little plastic trooper mask with a rubber band holding it on your head.

Those were great times... fantastic times to be a kid. We had it good.
Tekay —— En-ki —— Tékay —— Hassle —— Jaksen
Explorer (80%) • Killer (53%) • Socializer (47%) • Achiever (20%)
Excited Star Citizen — But ready to resubscribe when and if...

Gerulas
10.03.2012 , 03:17 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Skoobie View Post
5 foot, 8 inches. 130lbs.
LOL.I'm 191 cm tall, and 125 Kg! A BIG FAN!
I play Star wars games from 1977 Star Wars: Escape from the Death Star ( board game) till now.( at my work i still play Star wars Rebellion!)(I'm 48).
i think the next will be Star wars 1313!

TheronFett
10.03.2012 , 03:19 AM | #23
A big enough fan to keep playing this over promised, under delivered game.

simplius
10.03.2012 , 04:03 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by TheronFett View Post
A big enough fan to keep playing this over promised, under delivered game.
you have my respect ,sir,, my midichlorian wasnt high enough for that

Larity
10.03.2012 , 04:30 AM | #25
I'm a fan who accepts everything made from star wars as awesome.

Yes, I even love the clone wars series and jar jar.

CaptianFordo
10.03.2012 , 04:59 AM | #26
Most of the people I've met in game hate Star Wars; they just play this because it's a break from WoW.

I've always been a true fan of Star Wars, but I like the expanded universe much more than the established ones created by the movies.

Ifrica
10.03.2012 , 05:27 AM | #27
For those of you that read the books n stuff, i was checking on them a while back, but for someone that hasn't read much about the expanded universe ecept some wookiepedia etc, what should i start with? is there a list somewhere online for an order to read the books in? or does anyone have suggestions where to start off when you know the movie stories and some side info?

i would really love to get into the period after ROJ, but also the revan times etc.
Mirobi Snowdrifter - Sage \\ // Pulian Snowdrifter - Sorcerer
System : AMD Phenom II 955 - 16GB DDR3 (1600) - Radeon HD7950 - Samsung SSD

BalthazaarSix
10.03.2012 , 05:34 AM | #28
I saw Ep IV in the theater on opening day when I was 5. Remember it like it happened yesterday. The volume in the theater was so loud my mom actually had to watch the movie with her hands over her ears for most of it....AWESOME! I loved it! I recently ordered all of the books I could get my hands on from Amazon and am reading them in order from The Lost Tribe stories onward. I also still have many of the original action figures and ships from when I was a kid. Huge fan!
Balthazaar "Shadow" Six
SHADOWSIX - SITH JUGGERNAUT, THE SHADOWLANDS
FOUNDER - CE OWNER

bravotwentysev
10.03.2012 , 07:26 AM | #29
Umm lets see....I seen every Star Wars movie on day one since I was 4 in 1977. I was hooked so bad my uncle took me to see it 5 more times after that. I stood 4 hours in line for empire strike back thanks to my mom knowing I was a die hard fan. For Jedi my mom let me miss school for it on Day 1. Every rerelease I was their even day 1. I had every freaking toy when it came out. I would spend hour upon hours playing with them. I have about $100K in collectibles in my room. I had the great chance to intern at skywalker studio's thanks to my animation teacher in college.

When they are on Spike TV im their watching it. Even part 1-3 i dont care what others think of them.

The only thing I didnt get intlo is the books from other writers. Some just went to far out of proportion that it felt like a knock off space novel and nothing star wars related.

Yeah im 39 now and still act like that 4 year when star wars is on. When i got my son hooked on it my wife was like OMG..No....! Now star wars legos, Clone wars cartoons and SWG MMO and now SWTOR. Me and my son cant get enough of it.

As of right now I have a pro tattoo artist working on my leg piece (arms are allready coverd).

I will die a star wars fan and as my wife would say I will probably die in a star wars themed casket for my funeral.

Its that part of me that will never die.

Anastastio
10.03.2012 , 07:33 AM | #30
I was 5 when RTJ came out, and it is one of my very 1st memories EVAR. When the other little churns were playing with GI Joe and Transformers, i was rocking Star Wars. I still rock star wars! I have a 7' tall Mace Windu in my game room. With a leather kango on his head. He's a ******.