Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Possible Terror From Beyond Bug?

EllRocko
10.02.2012 , 06:50 PM | #1
Hey all.

I just wanted to post this to see if anyone else had experienced the following at all while in the last phase of the Terror From Beyond final boss.

Occasionally when playing on my dps character and leaping from platform to platform I end up dead when immediately prior to the jump I had 100% health.

I can perhaps complete sucessfully 10 - 20 jumps from platorm to platform but then for no apparent reason I just die. This has happened now on 5 separate occasions, on two different runs and on different platforms around that area.

The sequence of events is like this:

I control my character (with left and right mouse buttons held) to run (not jump) from the edge of the platform, directly in line with one of the small gates. The animation shows my chracter flying up the next platform. Immediately as my character hits the platform I displays that I died. One one occasion I tried instead jumping before leaving the edge of the platform and on roughly the 10th or so jump I was put inside the target platform. http://itstheend.enjin.com/gallery/m...804#pid=833450

This is most frustrating and only so far in the groups that I have been in has happened to me. Im confident that it is not simply me missing the hyper gate as my character actually hits the playform I am trying to get to and I'm not falling to my death.

Your thoughts please.

Aerro
10.02.2012 , 06:54 PM | #2
Yupp... this has happened to us. We would've had the kill A LOT sooner than we did but we kept losing random people to jumping.
Arsenal DPS Guide
One of the leading Mercenaries in a World Progression Guild.

CharlieBrown
10.02.2012 , 08:34 PM | #3
I've had this happen to me in TFB, among other places (Soa platforms spring to mind). I make the jump and land where I should be but randomly die anyway. It's like the game doesn't really *know* where I am for a second due to lag or something so it guesses based on where I was and I eat dirt.

Sucks.
Fiera MainAssassin Tank
<E> Guild Prophecy of the Five

Jazra
10.02.2012 , 08:52 PM | #4
Yep. This is a known bug. It's happened to many of our raid members many of times, including our tanks twice in a row. It's extremely disappointing to get half way through phase 2 and have a bug cause a wipe.
I has something to due with lag/latency sending mixed signals to the engine.
Cali Killed Nox
World Progression Raiding

Thrills - Operative Healer
Website Stream

bigheadbrandon
10.02.2012 , 11:29 PM | #5
Can also confirm this happening for almost every single one of our 8man hardmode attempts on the the terror from beyond. Mostly seems to be happening to me, a sentinel. However it also happened to one of our tanks, a shadow. It is quite frustrating to have every mechanic down and an attempt shot down by a bug.

Meblack
10.03.2012 , 12:20 AM | #6
Just to be clear, are you dying from fall damage or just dying with no explanation because our guild found out you cant die from falling off. It will just teleport you back to the top, and you can continue on your merry way.

Aerro
10.03.2012 , 12:40 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Meblack View Post
Just to be clear, are you dying from fall damage or just dying with no explanation because our guild found out you cant die from falling off. It will just teleport you back to the top, and you can continue on your merry way.
The damage inflicted says zero. You just die. No explanations.
Arsenal DPS Guide
One of the leading Mercenaries in a World Progression Guild.

bigheadbrandon
10.03.2012 , 07:20 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Meblack View Post
at any time during the second phase going through the "DK barrels" can result in me instead falling to my death rather than transitioning to the next platform

JKnightJ
10.03.2012 , 08:39 AM | #9
I and my raid have also experienced this same issue. I've also had it where I've successfully appeared on the new platform for a split-second then died; no attack from the Terror did damage according to the system messages.

EllRocko
10.03.2012 , 11:22 AM | #10
Well its kind of comforting to know that it's likely not me doing anything wrong but instead something in the game.

Thinking about it I'm kind of leaning on the lag side because I often suffer from intermittently high lag especially since 1.4 (but thats another thread) and it will clock up to 1000's of ms for no apparent reason. I don't have the best adsl connection in the world at around 4mb download but with only me on it, I would expect that to be sufficient and not cause me too many issues.

Hopefully BW will implement something which makes those jumps more reliable for those of us suffering but untill then I guess I'm going to have to go with my healer and keep the platform transitions to a mimimum.