Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Fix Novare Coast

Arcadius-Fett
10.02.2012 , 10:15 PM | #1
This is more of a change that needs to be made rather than a fix, technically. But seeing as how it is a broken mechanic, I think applying the term "fix" fits right in. I'm tired of being on a superior team and not being able to cap a node because players take advantage of the fact that you cannot capture the node if someone stands in front of it. I have had it happen too many times, hell, sometimes it's your own team's fault.

I was just in a game of NC where a couple of sorc healers piled up in front of the southern node while my team was capping it and then they proceeded to shock everyone and then heal each other nonstop. Their teammates kept coming and piling up in front of the node and we had to just keep killing them all but it was useless as they would just return from their spawn and stand there again. They stand in front of the node getting healed, we kill them, they spawn, rinse and repeat. Thanks to this team exploiting this clearly broken mechanic we were unable to cap. Something needs to be changed, make the area to click wider than a person or two, I don't know Bioware but I'm sure you can think of something. Having one or two people stand in front of the console makes it completely impossible to cap as the players' hitboxes completely cover the console and there is no way to click around them.

A team that does not pay attention to their defense deserves to lose the node and this cheap exploit prevents that.

The_Brick
10.02.2012 , 10:29 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Arcadius-Fett View Post
This is more of a change that needs to be made rather than a fix, technically. But seeing as how it is a broken mechanic, I think applying the term "fix" fits right in. I'm tired of being on a superior team and not being able to cap a node because players take advantage of the fact that you cannot capture the node if someone stands in front of it. I have had it happen too many times, hell, sometimes it's your own team's fault.

I was just in a game of NC where a couple of sorc healers piled up in front of the southern node while my team was capping it and then they proceeded to shock everyone and then heal each other nonstop. Their teammates kept coming and piling up in front of the node and we had to just keep killing them all but it was useless as they would just return from their spawn and stand there again. They stand in front of the node getting healed, we kill them, they spawn, rinse and repeat. Thanks to this team exploiting this clearly broken mechanic we were unable to cap. Something needs to be changed, make the area to click wider than a person or two, I don't know Bioware but I'm sure you can think of something. Having one or two people stand in front of the console makes it completely impossible to cap as the players' hitboxes completely cover the console and there is no way to click around them.

A team that does not pay attention to their defense deserves to lose the node and this cheap exploit prevents that.
That's not an exploit, that's called smart game play. As far as teammates standing in front of it, just yell at them in chat.

heechJunzi
10.02.2012 , 10:30 PM | #3
I think you need to look up the dictionary definition of "exploit". And then, if you have time afterwards, work on your swtor pvp skills.

What really pisses me off is when people exploit the system by trying to kill me. Wish they'd fix that.
Junzi - EWH Sentinel Buxi - EWH Commando Jünzi - EWH Operative
----------- The Harbinger -----------

GARhenus
10.02.2012 , 10:35 PM | #4
if you can't kill 2 sorcs healing each other then there's no way your team's superior

also, that's 2 less healers on the other node

Arcadius-Fett
10.02.2012 , 10:40 PM | #5
You keyboard warriors need to look passed your egos and realize that covering up the console with a character's hitbox is in no way fair gameplay.

Kerensk
10.02.2012 , 10:51 PM | #6
Funniest thread ever!
Especially when he said he was on a superior team that kept getting beaten by people standing in the way!
The Harbinger, Piett Legacy
“It's an older quote but it checks out. I was about to clear it. ”

stephenalandavie
10.02.2012 , 10:58 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Kerensk View Post
Funniest thread ever!
I especially when he said he was on a superior team that kept getting beaten by people standing in their way!
Kind of like a dalek, A superior being defeated by the stairs :P

GARhenus
10.03.2012 , 12:47 AM | #8
daleks can fly now tho...

Blasphemerr
10.03.2012 , 01:06 AM | #9
Exterminate! Exterminate!
Something pretentious.

ZlupZlup
10.03.2012 , 01:08 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by stephenalandavie View Post
Kind of like a dalek, A superior being defeated by the stairs :P
Daleks can fly
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.