Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

think gunsligners got screwed companion wise

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
think gunsligners got screwed companion wise

Swerto
09.26.2012 , 07:16 PM | #31
I used Risha from the moment I got her until I finished the game, got all 5 comps 10k/10k using underworld trading.

Who needs heals when you can clear entire groups of mobs within seconds thanks to Risha's amazing DPS and your obnoxiously powerful burst?
Ebon Hawk RP
AbyssÍus Sith Sorcerer | Xaraki Miraluka Juggernaught | Swerto - Cyborg Operative
RÍignier Human Powertech | Meskero - Sith Gunslinger
Sib-Khun - Human Guadian | Jar'ath'andil - Chiss Sage | Tatlia - Zabrak Commando

mwuhaha
09.26.2012 , 11:09 PM | #32
i want to agree but i cant take this thread seriously with the way the OP types. makes me think they are a preteen that just wants to complain to get attention. ):

for the record, there are also DPS scoundrels and they are nerfed in the companion department just as much as gunslingers.

Karasuko
09.26.2012 , 11:10 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Nucairion View Post
as the titles suggests i htink gunslingers really get screwed when it comps to companion order. i mean its all well and good scoundrel getting healer companion last as they can heal BUT GUNSLINGERS CANT bowdaar is ok if well geared same with corso but if they die in a tuff fight at least lowe lvls (currently lvl 29) u dont have to much survivability agaisnt 2 mobs or an elite that packs a punch. wot on earth psssed bioware to say they gave companion order a think as to when they need each role the most when sligners really coulda used healer as second companion not a second tanking one
You get a ship droid at lvl 15. Its a healer.

iDraxter
09.29.2012 , 05:53 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Karasuko View Post
You get a ship droid at lvl 15. Its a healer.
this....I personally played DPS+DPS (sniper+ ranged dps , used range tank Kaliyo till i got my ranged dps on all the way on Hoth)even if i had to recover 3 secs between fights
Firebat: Need a light?
It`s your money-but if I have spent as much time killing Jedi instead of your own kind...you might be winning this war

SolHalcon
09.29.2012 , 12:09 PM | #35
I found its a good idea to gear up and gain love points with the ship robot early on. Then when you run into one of those sticky moments you can call down a fairly good healer.
If you return from a mission, with a kill on your record, .
but without your wingman...
You Have Lost The Battle

Gassygunslinger
09.29.2012 , 11:13 PM | #36
While C2 is a half-way decent healer in a pinch, I have to say it isn't quite the same as a legit healer companion. His "boxing" isn't the same as other healer companion dps, and if nothing else, you're missing out on some decent companion dialogue and/or companion affection points.

You also can't give C2 your old gear. Unless you're a Cybertech (or know a Cybertech who owes you a favor), droid gear can be a pain in the butt to find.
Longtime SWG Vet: "Guillemette of Bria" Respect the Smuggler History
Elder Smuggler, Winner of the 5th Anniversary Rebel Painting Contest

Etten of Vrook Lamar.

crazylegoman
10.02.2012 , 09:42 PM | #37
Corso is completely awesome. I used him from when I got him to 50, with a few minor hiccups when I tried out my new companions and found that they sucked in comparison. Died multiple times using Guss, as I couldn't down mobs fast enough, even with heals. Same with Risha and Akaavi. Only thing is, now that I'm gearing my companions in Recruit, Bowdaar is better than Corso. Weird.