Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

An in-depth look at: Sidious' Death

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
An in-depth look at: Sidious' Death

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
10.02.2012 , 10:31 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Exactly. Even Yoda was knocked back from the blast of Sidious' Force Lightning. Granted the Lightning coursing through Vader wasn't the most powerful Lightning he could summon, but it was enough to torture Luke Skywalker. Had Vader been weak to Lightning, it would have no doubt killed him. He was already weakened from the duel with Luke Skywalker, the Lightning would have killed him had he been weak to it.
Hm? Wasn't it stated, that Sidious amped up his force lighting to full power? Or that he turned up the intesity when he was picked up.

"Now young Skywalker...you will die."

*Zap, zap, zap*

Then he gets picked up while still blasting the full force of his lighting.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
10.02.2012 , 11:18 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Hm? Wasn't it stated, that Sidious amped up his force lighting to full power? Or that he turned up the intesity when he was picked up.

"Now young Skywalker...you will die."

*Zap, zap, zap*

Then he gets picked up while still blasting the full force of his lighting.
I'm not sure. Although he didn't have a whole lot of time to react. Hence him not doing anything, like Force flight, to escape the reactor shaft. Perhaps he believed that his Lightning would stop Vader. I don't think it is confirmed if he turned up the intensity or not. It doesn't really matter though. Vader survived the Lightning blast anyway.

EDIT: I did some quick research on the Star Wars wiki and it didn't say whether or not his lightning increased in power or not. But it doesn't really matter. The fact remains that the Lightning didn't knock him back or kill him outright like many before him.
Added Chapter 35 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
10.02.2012 , 12:25 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I'm not sure. Although he didn't have a whole lot of time to react. Hence him not doing anything, like Force flight, to escape the reactor shaft. Perhaps he believed that his Lightning would stop Vader. I don't think it is confirmed if he turned up the intensity or not. It doesn't really matter though. Vader survived the Lightning blast anyway.

EDIT: I did some quick research on the Star Wars wiki and it didn't say whether or not his lightning increased in power or not. But it doesn't really matter. The fact remains that the Lightning didn't knock him back or kill him outright like many before him.
Hm, don't the more powerful blasts of lighting shown the victims skeleton? Did so with Mace and Anakin, so that could imply that he turned up the volume. But anyway, ya regardless Vader survived from the throne room all the way down to the hanger bay on a moon sized battle station.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

sithgreyguard's Avatar


sithgreyguard
10.02.2012 , 01:19 PM | #14
So this whole cloning lab thing is that considered canon or expanded universe non canon. i only heard of the clone bodies things a few years ago and have always wondered.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
10.02.2012 , 01:35 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by sithgreyguard View Post
So this whole cloning lab thing is that considered canon or expanded universe non canon. i only heard of the clone bodies things a few years ago and have always wondered.
The rebirth of Darth Sidious is considered canon as it was cleared by George Lucas. It is in the realm of C-canon which is just below the movies and TCW. Anything in books or comics that doesn't infringe upon the movie canon is C-canon.

To put it simply, the rebirth is canon.
Added Chapter 35 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
10.02.2012 , 01:37 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Hm, don't the more powerful blasts of lighting shown the victims skeleton? Did so with Mace and Anakin, so that could imply that he turned up the volume. But anyway, ya regardless Vader survived from the throne room all the way down to the hanger bay on a moon sized battle station.
Vader survivng that blast shows how strong he really is and that he isn't really weak to Lightning. Then to have to make his way from the throne room to the hangar bay shows his incredible fortitude.
Added Chapter 35 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
10.02.2012 , 02:08 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
The rebirth of Darth Sidious is considered canon as it was cleared by George Lucas. It is in the realm of C-canon which is just below the movies and TCW. Anything in books or comics that doesn't infringe upon the movie canon is C-canon.

To put it simply, the rebirth is canon.
It wasn't only cleared but suggested by George Lucas that Emperor Palpatine comes back, before that they were going to do Vader, but as I said, Lucas denied it and suggested Palpatine instead, which they immediately went with.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
10.02.2012 , 03:12 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
It wasn't only cleared but suggested by George Lucas that Emperor Palpatine comes back, before that they were going to do Vader, but as I said, Lucas denied it and suggested Palpatine instead, which they immediately went with.
Having Palpatine come back is a much better idea than having vader come back. Vader was redeemed so there is really no chance of him coming back for some quest for revenge. Palpatine's rebirth makes more sense.
Added Chapter 35 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

billyboyjennings's Avatar


billyboyjennings
10.02.2012 , 09:14 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
The rebirth of Darth Sidious is considered canon as it was cleared by George Lucas. It is in the realm of C-canon which is just below the movies and TCW. Anything in books or comics that doesn't infringe upon the movie canon is C-canon.

To put it simply, the rebirth is canon.
Only in the EU is it canon. He is killed and gone forever in the film universe.

"Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned and Luke doesn't get married." - Lucas, 2008
"In the case of Boba Fett's death, had I known he was gonna turn into such a popular character, I probably would've made it a little bit more exciting." - George Lucas, RotJ DVD Commentary, 2004
DEAL WITH IT, FANBOYS

DarthBandeth's Avatar


DarthBandeth
10.02.2012 , 09:21 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Sidious was the most powerful being in the galaxy.
Most powerful Sith, but not most powerful being during his time.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Abeloth
"No amount of action or explosions is as interesting as a good story." ~ Christian bale

Stole this CE key off of a dead fan.