Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Disconnections from game

Elgr
10.02.2012 , 11:11 AM | #1
As noted by all others, disconnections have become more pervasive ever since patch 1.2. With patch 1.4, i have been on average disconnected more than 5 times daily. Repair of files is becoming annoying, especially when even the file repair indicated an error in repairing due to a corrupt file. Like others, i have run complete diagnostics of hard disks, ram, and video card (AMD 8 core 4.0GHz processor, 16 GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 6800 video card.) I have even installed OS (Win7 64 bit) on new hard drive and only SWTOR, Within 1/2 hour disconnected from game .."poof" back to desktop. Latency was 55ms, download speed test to multiple tests sites (speednet and speakeasy), at 30MBps, and upload at 3 Mbps. ISP is not the problem. Download speeds from launcher repair averages about 500Kps, far short of my internet capacity. I really enjoy the game, but this is becoming ridiculous. I wish i could get my money back, but last month updated my subscription for 6 months (how foolish of me). So now you have my money, and i spend 4 hours each day just running repair. Since 1.4 the disconnects have been outrageous, resulting in a complete disconnect followed by a Win7 "blue screen of death" data dump. Thankfully Windows has a great recovering mode. Wish I could say the same for SWTOR.