Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Here's Where We, The Community, Went Wrong

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Here's Where We, The Community, Went Wrong

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
10.02.2012 , 09:16 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by turjake View Post
I wish I was as clairvoyant as those other people but unfortunately I am not. I still need to use those old fashioned ways to figure out what people want.
Meaning what? I didn't ignore people in VoIP or my guild complaining about lag, performance, lack of PvP, lack of any decent crafting, lack of content, lack of communication, space, frustration with not being able to run Ops due to lockout timers, lack of variety in WZ's...the end game is lacking in SWTOR for many. 1-50 I think they've done a GREAT job!!! It's the post 50 stuff I feel they've let people down on.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here [FREE server transfer being a key perk!!])

turjake's Avatar


turjake
10.02.2012 , 09:28 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Meaning what? I didn't ignore people in VoIP or my guild complaining about lag, performance, lack of PvP, lack of any decent crafting, lack of content, lack of communication, space, frustration with not being able to run Ops due to lockout timers, lack of variety in WZ's...the end game is lacking in SWTOR for many. 1-50 I think they've done a GREAT job!!! It's the post 50 stuff I feel they've let people down on.
You may think you know why some people have left, but that is quite far from factually knowing why all the 80% of the game buyers have left.

Why are you complaining about ops lockout timers anyway? So far I have seen those in every game I have tried, wow included.

simplius's Avatar


simplius
10.02.2012 , 09:30 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by tiennen View Post
My point was that many of the people who were on these forums complaining about this game early on have been on the forums in OTHER games complaining about THEM early on. They play a new MMO when it first comes out, gobble up all the content, then spit it back into the Developer's faces with a "WAAAA ME WANT MORE" attitude that cannot ever be satisfied. They then proceed to bash on the game for the foreseeable future, until a new game comes along to grab their short attention span, and the process repeats itself.

There are a LOT of players like that, and many don't even realize that they are doing it.
i agree,,and worse , the games are often designed, simply to keep this kind of players in a game for a certain amount of hours,,,not to give a normal player X hours of fun

again,,they spend 6 YEARS on making a game,,hardcores go through it in a month

why do the devs still listen to them at all? theyre not normal consumers

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
10.02.2012 , 09:39 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by turjake View Post
You may think you know why some people have left, but that is quite far from factually knowing why all the 80% of the game buyers have left.

Why are you complaining about ops lockout timers anyway? So far I have seen those in every game I have tried, wow included.
I wasn't trying to suggest I know why 80% of the buyers have left. I said I know why SOME have claimed to have left.

As for lockout timers...lockout timers in this game are a horrible idea! They prevent so many opportunities to do things with other people. I don't care about W0W or what W0W does - I've never played it, I play this game. In THIS game, they prevent me from helping a ton of people I otherwise would LOVE to help. They work against building a good community IMO. I'm fine with loot only dropping once per week...but not lockout timers. I wish they'd have tied a weekly mission for gear to the Ops more than loot drops. That would have allowed them better control over gearing and allowed us to run Ops without lockout timers. I hate seeing people get frustrated when trying to PuG an Ops when I know I could help them. I also hate telling the 9th or 10th person in our guild that we're full and they'll have to wait until next week to run one. I really just see nothing positive they contribute.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here [FREE server transfer being a key perk!!])

simplius's Avatar


simplius
10.02.2012 , 09:51 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Elfa View Post
WoW is the number one MMO in history, it's the one most people have played and it's only normal that it would be used for a comparison model.
yup,,if i say im a fast runner who will u compare me to? urself i u think u can beat me, but usually

the world champion

give me a GOOD MMO, that actually WORKS and ill be very happy again

oddly enough the game with fewest bugs just closed down

R.I.P. CoX,,u will be missed

Ameepa's Avatar


Ameepa
10.02.2012 , 09:52 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I'm fine with loot only dropping once per week...but not lockout timers. I wish they'd have tied a weekly mission for gear to the Ops more than loot drops. That would have allowed them better control over gearing and allowed us to run Ops without lockout timers. I hate seeing people get frustrated when trying to PuG an Ops when I know I could help them. I also hate telling the 9th or 10th person in our guild that we're full and they'll have to wait until next week to run one. I really just see nothing positive they contribute.
That is a great idea by the way

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
10.02.2012 , 09:59 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Ameepa View Post
That is a great idea by the way
Thank you
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here [FREE server transfer being a key perk!!])

tiennen's Avatar


tiennen
10.02.2012 , 10:09 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
That's pure opinion, not fact.

I believe that a GOOD GAME will sell itself. A few angry kids, even a few thousand, can't prevent a good game from succeeding.
fixed that for ya.

A few angry kids, even a few thousand, will not prevent a game's success, but they will hamper it.

How can you really say this game hasn't succeeded? I count it as a success as long as the servers are still active.

edit: your beliefs are also pure speculation/opinion.

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
10.02.2012 , 10:36 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by tiennen View Post
fixed that for ya.

A few angry kids, even a few thousand, will not prevent a game's success, but they will hamper it.

How can you really say this game hasn't succeeded? I count it as a success as long as the servers are still active.

edit: your beliefs are also pure speculation/opinion.
They may. But again, you're guessing.

And...you're judging "success" by your own opinion again. I think EA's opinion is the only one that matters for this game. I don't believe "successful" games go F2P, nor do I feel losing 80% of your customers in under 9 months would be considered a success for any long term MMO.

You're the one who stated your opinion/speculation as fact, not me. I try to avoid that...I'm certain I fail on occasion, but I have no issue admitting it.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here [FREE server transfer being a key perk!!])

tiennen's Avatar


tiennen
10.02.2012 , 10:42 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
They may. But again, you're guessing.

And...you're judging "success" by your own opinion again. I think EA's opinion is the only one that matters for this game. I don't believe "successful" games go F2P, nor do I feel losing 80% of your customers in under 9 months would be considered a success for any long term MMO.

You're the one who stated your opinion/speculation as fact, not me. I try to avoid that...I'm certain I fail on occasion, but I have no issue admitting it.
Yes, I even stated that it was my opinion that it has not failed yet.

I mean really, "success" is purely subjective. You have been delivering opinions as fact throughout this thread. They may not be YOUR opinions, but they are opinions, nonetheless. Calling someone out for stating their opinion, and then giving your opinion as a fact is complete hypocrisy.

Never once have I stated that my opinions are a FACT.