Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HM TFB gear req.

cisme
10.02.2012 , 09:31 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Sithcreep View Post
I would totally disaggree on the tank thing. I think its pretty much common sense that primary stats for a tank are 1) damage reduction and 2) HP. There is no better way to mitigate dmg than by those 2 stats. Forget shield and defense chance since they will not mitigate consistently. A tank stacking endurance, thus increasing his HP is doing the exact right thing. Hence your reasoning is pretty much off-base.
Im sorry but that is wrong. Tanks need to have defense/ shield over endurance. High health means nothing really it's just an extra 5 seconds of survival but High defense/ shield means you take less dmg making a healer's life easier. I've ran ops where the other tank would yell "I have 29k health I'm main tank" then die after 20 seconds where I'd pick up aggro and survive till the end because I was taking less damage and making it easier for the healers

RandomXChance
10.02.2012 , 10:35 AM | #22
I would totally disaggree on the tank thing. I think its pretty much common sense that primary stats for a tank are 1) damage reduction and 2) HP. There is no better way to mitigate dmg than by those 2 stats. Forget shield and defense chance since they will not mitigate consistently. A tank stacking endurance, thus increasing his HP is doing the exact right thing. Hence your reasoning is pretty much off-base.
Getting off the main topic, but you just agreed with me. Mitigation is #1, Hp is #2 priority. A very nicely done analysis here on MMO Mechanics that shows just how much damage is reduced by shield/absorb.

http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forums/thread-1134.html

yoshua
10.02.2012 , 10:43 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Codek View Post
What else could you possibly pick up to improve yourself if you are already full BH with augments? Sure you can min/max the mods/armorings/enhancements for the best stats but that is hardly required for at least the first few bosses.

If you play your character right, you should do just fine.
hm tfb you should also have your set bonus's and when they say 'itemizations' they mean swapping mods for best in slot.

if you aren't best in slot before going in you can still do it so long as you are working towards best in slot and have the capped stats you need to run it

www.noxxic.com is your friend for finding out what is best in slot and how to max your stats
Yoshua Acero
Pre-Cu Bria Vet - Master Doc/Master swords

Paid 15$ at Gamestop for my CE!

Banegio
10.02.2012 , 05:59 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by sang View Post
I'm talking about the hard enrage of the boss in phase 2. Upon entering phase 2 of the fight in 16m hm you have roughly 8 minutes and 30 seconds to kill TFB. If the boss is not completely dead within that time, he will enrage, regardless of what part of the phase he is in or what tentacles are alive or dead.
Thanks for providing the estimate of hard enrage time. Will keep an eye on his hp/time when we tackle 16m.

Ephesia
10.03.2012 , 02:42 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by RandomXChance View Post
What is more important for running HM TfB is not that you have all 61 mods and Augments, but how you are optimized. Certain setups raise a red flag that the person is not on top of their class when picking what shells/mods/augments to use.
While some classes set bonus is weak, some make a huge difference. When I see an Arsenal Merc with no set bonus, I know they will be trouble. Loosing that free Rail Shot on my Merc means I have to use Rapid Shots more often to get rid of heat, thereby loosing DPS. When you see a Jugg tank with 29K HP because all their augments are Endurance, it makes you question their skill as a player.

I certainly does not mean you will be unable to run the op, but the fear is that the rest of the team will have to work harder to make up for your deficiencies. Like my example of the high HP Jugg tank, the healers will have to spend more time healing that person because their mitigation will be less. You heal HP of damage, not percentage of total health. Less mitigation means more HP of damage. Large HP pools defining a tank is EQ1 times.
It is entirely okay to go all Endurance augments so long as you have selected the right mods to reach the point of diminishing returns in your mitigations.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

Sithcreep
10.03.2012 , 06:24 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by RandomXChance View Post
Getting off the main topic, but you just agreed with me. Mitigation is #1, Hp is #2 priority. A very nicely done analysis here on MMO Mechanics that shows just how much damage is reduced by shield/absorb.

http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forums/thread-1134.html
Nice analysis but I got a different opinion on this. Im talking about CONSISTENCY. If you got 52 dmg reduction like me on my tank and u get a 20K hit, you will only receive roughly 10K damage, EVERYTIME. Shield is only a chance. Even if you got 50 percent shields, you might as well get the whole 20K if RNG hates you. Furthermore you dont have 100 absorb, so even if youre lucky only half the dmg is absorbed. But high HP also increases survivability, so the healers can leave you longer unattended without you going down. Also depends a lot on class I think. Im jugg tank, so I dont get shield bonus or anything, can never reach those insane shield stats of assassins or PTs, so I basically rely on my high dmg reduction, HP and my defensive CDs.

Ephesia
10.03.2012 , 07:17 AM | #27
Nice analysis but I got a different opinion on this. Im talking about CONSISTENCY. If you got 52 dmg reduction like me on my tank and u get a 20K hit, you will only receive roughly 10K damage, EVERYTIME. Shield is only a chance. Even if you got 50 percent shields, you might as well get the whole 20K if RNG hates you. Furthermore you dont have 100 absorb, so even if youre lucky only half the dmg is absorbed. But high HP also increases survivability, so the healers can leave you longer unattended without you going down. Also depends a lot on class I think. Im jugg tank, so I dont get shield bonus or anything, can never reach those insane shield stats of assassins or PTs, so I basically rely on my high dmg reduction, HP and my defensive CDs.
Mitigation up to a certain threshold is necessary for many top end operations to make healer job easier, especially on hard hitting encounters like Dread Guard - HM EC Kephess. Endurance too of course is important but if you see past the RNG factor ( Nobody is really so unlucky as to prefer endurance over 50% shield because their shield never mitigates) But of course after a certain threshold, which is nicely presented in noxxic.com, it doesn't reward as much as it used to therefore at that point it becomes more and more prudent to stack Endurance instead. a jugg/guard tank can easily reach 27-28k hp even if he invests on these mitigation stats.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst