Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No longer Lost Island /Kaon under siege weekly?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
No longer Lost Island /Kaon under siege weekly?

Ephesia
10.02.2012 , 08:48 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
If this is indeed intended it's probably the worst move ever. I was in BH today and everyone there stated that there was no reason for going there anymore. Unless you're really hardcore about doing dailies. and all of the dailies every day, there's no need for ever going to BH. Might aswell do Belsavis/Ilum and get some mats out of instead, especially if you have archaeology or bioanalysis.

And who's going to do LI when you might aswell do some much easier FP? Not to say that it's hard now that it has been significally nerfed but there's still more room for errors than in some of the tier 1 flashpoints.
I agree with that the usefulness of Lost Island HM as well as the BH dailies get dumbed down with this move. Now the only point of doing dailies is to either get money or farm daily commendations, and the only reason one may ever want to do HM LI is to get the Rakata Chestpiece at the end.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

Major_Mayhem
10.02.2012 , 08:53 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Ephesia View Post
No one said it is. The sheer number of BH Comms was just too much. People who had no skill or group to complete EC HM were all getting equally powerful gear because they run a few easy hard modes with story mode operations on top. It was unfair to raiders and their hard work.
Skill ? Your joking right? FPS, RTS, and CSF games are Skill based. RPMMO's Take very little skill, Gear based ones take even less. That being said ..... THIS IS A GEAR BASED GAME! it has next to no honest skill requirements. Even in PVP, which does requires a little bit of knowledge and skill, is still more dependent on gear.

The only reason this game has any bit of a learning curve is because it does not include a players manual and at best has a piss poor online players guide.

I don't feel very sympathetic to raiders, The hardest part to raiding is putting up with BS drama and kissing butt to stay on your raiding Team. If you haven't been paying attention as of late the player base making like a biblical exodus and leaving in droves and guilds are dropping like flies. if your not already on a raiding team your pretty much limited to Columi and BH Gear. It takes a weak or two to build up enough BH comms to get a single piece of gear Raiding is and always has been the easiest way to get gear.

All Bioware has done is made it so I no longer have any reason to do EOT. Infact I can pretty much put the Black Hole at the bottom of my daily to do list. As it stands Ilum dailies have the best pay out. fallowed by Belsavis which unlike the black hole only requires one lengthy load screen rather then two and I can solo all the heroics.

Lost Island ... no point in even attempting this POS Flashpoint. Denova SM I wont touch it past the tanks as there's no reason for it. Kaon ... unless it applies to my weakly (it probably doesn't as it didn't pre 1.4) I may as well exit it every time I get dropped in it from GF.

Simply put all that being accomplished here is bio ware is taking away people's reasons to play. I may as well go back to an actual game that really is Skill based like a FPS or a MMOCFS like Aces High or Warbirds. These are games where some poorly equipped player can still hand you your arse simply because he is better (more skilled) then you.
"Destination anywhere! So Far Gone, I'm almost There."

"Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit!" (Latin for "Whom Virtue Unites, Death Will Not Separate")

Sithcreep
10.02.2012 , 09:08 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Major_Mayhem View Post
Skill ? Your joking right? FPS, RTS, and CSF games are Skill based. RPMMO's Take very little skill, Gear based ones take even less. That being said ..... THIS IS A GEAR BASED GAME! it has next to no honest skill requirements. Even in PVP, which does requires a little bit of knowledge and skill, is still more dependent on gear.

The only reason this game has any bit of a learning curve is because it does not include a players manual and at best has a piss poor online players guide.

I don't feel very sympathetic to raiders, The hardest part to raiding is putting up with BS drama and kissing butt to stay on your raiding Team. If you haven't been paying attention as of late the player base making like a biblical exodus and leaving in droves and guilds are dropping like flies. if your not already on a raiding team your pretty much limited to Columi and BH Gear. It takes a weak or two to build up enough BH comms to get a single piece of gear Raiding is and always has been the easiest way to get gear.

All Bioware has done is made it so I no longer have any reason to do EOT. Infact I can pretty much put the Black Hole at the bottom of my daily to do list. As it stands Ilum dailies have the best pay out. fallowed by Belsavis which unlike the black hole only requires one lengthy load screen rather then two and I can solo all the heroics.

Lost Island ... no point in even attempting this POS Flashpoint. Denova SM I wont touch it past the tanks as there's no reason for it. Kaon ... unless it applies to my weakly (it probably doesn't as it didn't pre 1.4) I may as well exit it every time I get dropped in it from GF.

Simply put all that being accomplished here is bio ware is taking away people's reasons to play. I may as well go back to an actual game that really is Skill based like a FPS or a MMOCFS like Aces High or Warbirds. These are games where some poorly equipped player can still hand you your arse simply because he is better (more skilled) then you.
Thanky you Sir. This is like the most honest and comprehensive statement on the whole gearing and raiding thing. Hark BW this is the truth and nothing but the truth!

Ephesia
10.02.2012 , 09:08 AM | #14

Instead of the word "skill" you can use knowledge of encounter mechanics ---- what is the main point in my point of view is that some people who do not want to do operations beyond a certain degree of difficulty, still think they are entitled to similar level gear. There is something wrong with that assessment.
Member of Catalyst

Beddlam
10.02.2012 , 09:36 AM | #15
You all jumped the gun, this is just a bug, BH and Rhackghoul weeklies will be back

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...04#edit5234204

Major_Mayhem
10.02.2012 , 09:42 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Ephesia View Post
Instead of the word "skill" you can use knowledge of encounter mechanics ---- what is the main point in my point of view is that some people who do not want to do operations beyond a certain degree of difficulty, still think they are entitled to similar level gear. There is something wrong with that assessment.
Umm FPs take the same "knowledge of encounter mechanics " as most ops. and lets be honest there is nothing here that you can't get from Darth hater or Youtube.

"some people who do not want to do operations beyond a certain degree of difficulty, still think they are entitled to similar level gear"

Umm some people can't as they can't get into a group to do them. I think I pointed this out People are leaving and guilds are dropping like fly's! Allot of people also have a problem kissing a 12 YO cellar dwelling megalomaniacs arse just to get in on a Denova HM.
"Destination anywhere! So Far Gone, I'm almost There."

"Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit!" (Latin for "Whom Virtue Unites, Death Will Not Separate")

Sithcreep
10.02.2012 , 10:03 AM | #17
Umm FPs take the same "knowledge of encounter mechanics " as most ops. and lets be honest there is nothing here that you can't get from Darth hater or Youtube.

"some people who do not want to do operations beyond a certain degree of difficulty, still think they are entitled to similar level gear"

Umm some people can't as they can't get into a group to do them. I think I pointed this out People are leaving and guilds are dropping like fly's! Allot of people also have a problem kissing a 12 YO cellar dwelling megalomaniacs arse just to get in on a Denova HM.
Haha Exactly. Thats why I quit my former guild, I got sick of that *** kissing, its simply not in my character. Unfortunately it aint that easy to get in any proper raid group as a freelancer

Aurojiin
10.02.2012 , 11:04 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
And who's going to do LI when you might aswell do some much easier FP? Not to say that it's hard now that it has been significally nerfed but there's still more room for errors than in some of the tier 1 flashpoints.
Actually, I don't see why you would do anything but LI now. Queueing for a random T1 means you've got a good chance of getting Kaon, D7, FE... one of the painfully long and boring instances. Since LI is alone in the T2 queue you're guaranteed a 20 minute run where the bosses are semi-fun.
Aisev -:- Seer Sage Si'ki -:- Darkness Assassin

Ephesia
10.02.2012 , 11:09 AM | #19

ok, I am following from your proclamation that some people can't get into groups to do operations. But then we turn back into 0....then what is the point...in getting 61 gear? Aside from facerolling the content you already do (Tier 1 -2 Flashpoints - Dailies - Questing) ?
Member of Catalyst

dipstik
10.02.2012 , 12:07 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Arancha View Post
Did they remove it?
its another bug im sure, just like the weeklies that are missing that the community people have spoken to. rerally thought this was a known bug before todays patch, but looking back i dont see anything about it in the dev tracker.