Please indicate schematics as "known/learned"

FragRockKnuckles

Please for the love of god (and SWToR of course) can you fix the issue with putting some form of indication on a schematic that you may be viewing in your bag, GTN, vendor, etc., to say 'known' or something similar when you have learned a schematic.

The biggest frustration is when using the GTN since you cannot view both the crew skills window and the GTN window at the same time so you end up having to take several screenshots of your entire list of learned schematics then use that as a reference to the schematics on the GTN. Even when plans drop off bosses you can't immediately tell if you have already learned the schematic which potentially leads to players needing when they could pass for another player to use.

Maybe at my age I am having trouble remembering all the known schematics for all my characters and this would be very helpful for people like me not to mention save time and credits on buying schematics that I already know.

May the Force be with you!

Please for the love of god (and SWToR of course) can you fix the issue with putting some form of indication on a schematic that you may be viewing in your bag, GTN, vendor, etc., to say 'known' or something similar when you have learned a schematic.

Agreed. I have a nice big monitor so I can have everything open and side-by-side but since you can't sort recipes by name I frequently mistakenly buy recipes I already know.

Edited by AntarNyaus

I fully support this change.

Consider copying your post over to here -> http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349

for better chances that BW might reckognize it.

Done as suggested. Thanks you guys for your support.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=536732

Edited by FragRockKnuckles

There's a new bug (as of 1.4) that makes this even more important. If you right-click on a recipe you do know, you get the cast bar for learning it, it goes away, and then you get the "You already know that schematic" message.

ITs not a New BUg its very old bug they fixxed a very long time ago that they broke . I can comfrim the bug is back . :( >>>> http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=110340

Edited by moonshoter

ITs not a New BUg its very old bug they fixxed a very long time ago that they broke . I can comfrim the bug is back . :( >>>> http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=110340

This combined with purple missions being consumed when it's already active means that 1.4 has origins from a patch long before 1.3 and that possibly several old bugs that has been fixed 1.3+ now aren't. I wonder what other annoying bugs have resurfaced.

Agreed, new was the wrong word, it's back as of 1.4.

I've thought they had a serious problem with version control since back in beta.

We would be testing one patch, where the devs would tell us that the actual game patch was "several iterations further" in development. We were just being guinea pigs for whatever random crap they wanted to try out at the moment.

We were, supposedly, never testing the actual latest release of the game. Then again, I don't even think they knew what that really meant. Bugs would go away in one build then reappear in another.

Version Control is very important.

I've thought they had a serious problem with version control since back in beta.

Version Control is very important.

As a programmer who's had stuff like this bite me in the rear, I can't agree more with the latter, and I've suspected the first as well, because of the frequency that old bugs have returned, new features reverted to previous state, etc.

I just lost two schematics that I thought I did not know and they have disappeared. I feel like I have been violated by Bioware who have come into my bag and stole the schematics. Now I am completely paranoid with having to check and re-check before I attempt to learn a plan.

Playing this game was mean to be FUN and NOT stressful right?

The biggest frustration is when using the GTN since you cannot view both the crew skills window and the GTN window at the same time so you end up having to take several screenshots of your entire list of learned schematics then use that as a reference to the schematics on the GTN. Even when plans drop off bosses you can't immediately tell if you have already learned the schematic which potentially leads to players needing when they could pass for another player to use.

Maybe at my age I am having trouble remembering all the known schematics for all my characters and this would be very helpful for people like me not to mention save time and credits on buying schematics that I already know.

May the Force be with you!

Yep, one of those "little" things that would make SWTOR life a bit more pleasant. Sadly, these tend to be the last things that get addressed.

• Dev Post
Hey everyone, we do have plans to label schematics to make it clear whether or not it is already known by your character, but don't have a timeline as to when this change will take place. It's definitely something we want to add to make schematics easier to assess!

Hey everyone, we do have plans to label schematics to make it clear whether or not it is already known by your character, but don't have a timeline as to when this change will take place. It's definitely something we want to add to make schematics easier to assess!

Thanks Allison. What about the current bug where schematics are consumed even if you know them? Some progress had been made toward this feature (they were de-highlighted in your inventory, and couldn't be used) but it seems to have all been reverted, these bugs are regressions.

EDIT: Nevermind, saw your comment here:

Thank you for the reports, everyone! We have verified this as a bug and will correct it in an upcoming patch. Thanks for your patience.

Thanks!

Edited by Telanis

Thanks Allison. What about the current bug where schematics are consumed even if you know them? Some progress had been made toward this feature (they were de-highlighted in your inventory, and couldn't be used) but it seems to have all been reverted, these bugs are regressions.

EDIT: Nevermind, saw your comment here:

Thanks!

I would agree with you except the "This is a Bug" post predates the "no timeline" post. and the latest post does not mention wether or not the introduced bug will be corrected before the CHANGE they want to introduce is implimented.

Can you fix it also "Mission skills bug": http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=495647 ? Please!

This also happened to me but it was with a CREW-SKILL MISSION (UnderWorld Trading). I purchased 2 from the GTN and used 1 and that woked fine and then I tried to use the 2nd. I consumed it but no sound effect on msg in chat bar about my mission and no option for the mission when I check the UWT options. :(

And yet annother item for the "Soon" list.

You guy know about a hundred serious faults and shortcommings in the game. Where's the coder manpower to get them fixed?

I think that's a great idea, but was wondering if they might take it one step further. I don't know about everyone else, but when I start up a few crafter alt I like to hit the GTN and peruse schematics - how about giving the schematics an actual item level, at least for listing purposes? I'd like to know if certain items are level 50 or level 11 without having to examine each one under microscope scrutiny.

Being able to use the X to Y level range listing would then also be handy in this particular category and make it a lot easier than weeding through 130+ pages of schematics looking for something new. It wouldn't hurt if schematics that produced orange gear were also highlighted as such, instead of sharing the same old generic blue of standard prototype goods. It should be doable, augments all start of green, the color of the item they produce as well.

You might want to fix the current behavior of schematics.

Prior to the patch, if you knew one, and tried to learn it, you just got an error message, but didn't lose the schematic. Now, if you try, you lose the schematic.

Don't you folks have a test server for this sort of thing? Or at least some sort of test process?