Will you be able to trade Cartel Coins between Accounts?

Elfa

I hope there will be real life Cartel Coin cash machines in my city. I plan to pay my rent with Cartel Coins.

In about a year Cartel Coins will be the only safe currency in the world...

/tinfoil hat

If the U.N. has it's way Cartel Coins will be taxed!!!! :eek:

/tinfoil hat.

:D

Edited by Urael

OK, next question(s):

Can we give cartel coins to other players for a trade, thanks, whatever?

Can we give the items we buy with cartel coins to other players for a trade, thanks, whatever?

Can we trade cartel coins for credits?

Can we sell the stuff we buy with cartel coins on the GTN?

The answer to all those questions is "almost certainly not". This is because if you were allowed to do such things, it would open up avenues for scammers and other such opportunist money-for-ingame-credit websites..

OK, next question(s):

Can we give the items we buy with cartel coins to other players for a trade, thanks, whatever?

No to all as their will be no point to issueing them to paying players.

They should allow Cartel Coin gits between guild mates. That way if you have a guild mate that you want to join in an op and he doesn't have that ability yet, you can gift him the coins needed to join in.

That is of course if they're selling things like Op joining and such through the Cartel Coin store.

They should allow Cartel Coin gits between guild mates. That way if you have a guild mate that you want to join in an op and he doesn't have that ability yet, you can gift him the coins needed to join in.

That is of course if they're selling things like Op joining and such through the Cartel Coin store.

you might be able to do with... if BW is smart they will let you buy the op access then select gift to friend so you can give what you purchased to a friend... probably not at the f2p launch but its one of those things what is pretty standard in online purchasing for instance steam and possibly wow for some items...not sure on wow but i felt like i could give some stuff i bought away...

The answer to all those questions is "almost certainly not". This is because if you were allowed to do such things, it would open up avenues for scammers and other such opportunist money-for-ingame-credit websites..

nailed it

If the items could only be gifted and not traded, the harm is minimal vs the benefits. There will always be avenues for abuse by ******s like RMT and scammers, but if you intend to let that be what drives your decisions, you might as well shut the game down and not bother.

Punishing the whole because of the potential abuse by a few is a bad way of doing things.

No they are tied to the account. Cant find the link but its already been stated.

Really? Ive been following very closely, and I have not seen any info on this, in fact, very little and certainly nothing concrete has been released about anything to do with cartel coins.

Ive pondered this, and every scenario I can think of gets dispelled because you cant escape the fact that the only way this currency comes into the market is by someone purchasing them; What happens to it after is of no matter.

Now im not going to argue back and forth whether this is right, wrong or indiferent, but theres a few games out there that F2P currency is just treated like any other in game commodity which can be traded or put onto the auction house and it works well, and found to enhance the in game economy, as well as put more dollars into the devs as it overnight got rid of the gold sellers.

As Ive said in another thread, when the bean-counters at EA look at the possibilities, I'd be very surprised if they are not tradable, if not straight away, shortly thereafter .

If they follow the model of all other MMO's cartel coins will be like SOE station points. Cash for points that buy items or other game stuff. They will be non tradeable and the items will be bound to the character only(EQ or EQ2 or DDO) or available to all characters on that account (dcOnline) when bought. This is why the coins will be bound to the account and not per character.

I highly doubt the items will be tradeable and will not pose as a game breaking items also.

If people expect to trade these dont get in a uproar if they are not or expect them to be.

If they follow the model of all other MMO's cartel coins will be like SOE station points. Cash for points that buy items or other game stuff. They will be non tradeable and the items will be bound to the character only(EQ or EQ2 or DDO) or available to all characters on that account (dcOnline) when bought. This is why the coins will be bound to the account and not per character.

I highly doubt the items will be tradeable and will not pose as a game breaking items also.

If people expect to trade these dont get in a uproar if they are not or expect them to be.

Other games with boxes are the exception in the way that the keys can be traded or sold on their AH. Even items opened with the keys can be (since that would not hurt people getting duplicates and not be able to use them).

But items bought straight like a vanity item or xp boost or whatever not attached to the boxes are bound on pickup like you said.

• Dev Post
I asked Damion Schubert to give us a little more information about Cartel Coins. He let me know that Cartel Coins will be accessible by all characters on one account, but that they won't be directly transferable between accounts. However, there will be some transferable items available for purchase on the Cartel Market.

but theres a few games out there that F2P currency is just treated like any other in game commodity which can be traded or put onto the auction house and it works well, and found to enhance the in game economy, as well as put more dollars into the devs as it overnight got rid of the gold sellers.

And, they have clarified that is MMO is not one of those games.

And, to clarify, it is somewhat common for buy-2-play games like GW2 to have tradeable shop currency. However, it is uncommon for true freemium (ie: dual access, subscription or free) games to do so. Why? because on a buy-2-play game every player is on equal access footing, whereas in a dual access freemium model they are not.

OK, next question(s):

Thats a huge galactic no across the board. English translation for Cartel coins is loyalty points. Basically you will be able to buy cool things that require cash from bioware if your a sub with these coins they give to you when its time pay for your subscription.

Its a very interesting system and does make me feel like they appreciate me as a consumer rather then "hey give me you're money, and no there won't be any new content or decent fixes."

I GARENTEE YOU accounts have been stolen before. and if cartel coins where tradeable they'd be even worse that way.

Perhaps then, they should make them trade-able only to between accounts with Security Keys enabled.