Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

HM TFB gear req.


Karasuko's Avatar


Karasuko
10.01.2012 , 09:53 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by mikeeeeey View Post
Just a quick question, I'm a mercenary dps in full black hole gear augmented and I was wondering if I could do tfb in full black hole gear?
Optimised campaign/BH with full augments and preferably (class dependant) 4 piece.

Karasuko's Avatar


Karasuko
10.01.2012 , 09:57 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Banegio View Post
It will be good to know group in WH gear was able to down the third boss. The last two bosses would be more about mechanics and coordinations than gear.
I don't understand why you would make it harder on yourselves by not wearing proper PVE gear. It's not like getting campaign equiv is very hard, It might take 3-4 weeks of HM EC farming (class make up dependant)

I can understand doing it deliberately in pvp gear as a challenge but not bothering to gear up properly just reeks of laziness, especially since you've had 4 months to do it in.

RandomXChance's Avatar


RandomXChance
10.01.2012 , 11:48 PM | #13
What is more important for running HM TfB is not that you have all 61 mods and Augments, but how you are optimized. Certain setups raise a red flag that the person is not on top of their class when picking what shells/mods/augments to use.
While some classes set bonus is weak, some make a huge difference. When I see an Arsenal Merc with no set bonus, I know they will be trouble. Loosing that free Rail Shot on my Merc means I have to use Rapid Shots more often to get rid of heat, thereby loosing DPS. When you see a Jugg tank with 29K HP because all their augments are Endurance, it makes you question their skill as a player.

I certainly does not mean you will be unable to run the op, but the fear is that the rest of the team will have to work harder to make up for your deficiencies. Like my example of the high HP Jugg tank, the healers will have to spend more time healing that person because their mitigation will be less. You heal HP of damage, not percentage of total health. Less mitigation means more HP of damage. Large HP pools defining a tank is EQ1 times.

Banegio's Avatar


Banegio
10.02.2012 , 12:18 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Karasuko View Post
I don't understand why you would make it harder on yourselves by not wearing proper PVE gear. It's not like getting campaign equiv is very hard, It might take 3-4 weeks of HM EC farming (class make up dependant)

I can understand doing it deliberately in pvp gear as a challenge but not bothering to gear up properly just reeks of laziness, especially since you've had 4 months to do it in.
I don't want to speak for anyone; so this is just my perception. A pvper can pvp 12 hours a day but just doesn't enjoy grinding the same pve content for weeks.

Similar can be said for pvers. Not all top raiders obtain the WH relics. It only takes about 30-40 WZs in a week or two.

I respect them all.

sang's Avatar


sang
10.02.2012 , 12:34 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Aerro View Post
Without properly itemized gear- you will not get 5/5. You will be able to squeak out 4/5 with skill alone, but the last boss is quite the gear/execution check.
Aerro is absolutely right if you are talking about 16m HM TFB. There is no way to kill the final boss TFB without the best possible itemized gear and augments. Even with the best gear going into the final boss, you will be hitting enrage every time.

8m HM TFB, specifically the last boss, seems to be tuned easier than 16m so you could probably get away with slightly less than BiS gear to get 5/5.
Sang - Sangz - Sanglol - Sanglul - Sangrawr - Sangocity

Banegio's Avatar


Banegio
10.02.2012 , 12:48 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by sang View Post
Aerro is absolutely right if you are talking about 16m HM TFB. There is no way to kill the final boss TFB without the best possible itemized gear and augments. Even with the best gear going into the final boss, you will be hitting enrage every time.

8m HM TFB, specifically the last boss, seems to be tuned easier than 16m so you could probably get away with slightly less than BiS gear to get 5/5.
Are you referring to the enrage of each tentacle phase? Or is there a timed hard enrage for the boss?

We will try to tackle 16m when some of our away members return. So good to have an idea going into the fight.

Hxxr's Avatar


Hxxr
10.02.2012 , 01:12 AM | #17
Each tunneling tentacle in P1 and - from what our partner guild told us yesterday -TTFB itself in P2 have an enrage timer.

My group saw neither of them, we either died during the second orb phase or some other silly mistake before that until we kust killed it by surprise.

Quote: Originally Posted by mikeeeeey View Post
Just a quick question, I'm a mercenary dps in full black hole gear augmented and I was wondering if I could do tfb in full black hole gear?
As long as the Black Hole Gear is sitting in Tionese/Columi/Rakata shells it's equal to Campaign gear.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rtwozero View Post
Just remember that combat logs only state mathamatical facts. They are not rude or arrogant.

Sithcreep's Avatar


Sithcreep
10.02.2012 , 08:02 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by RandomXChance View Post
What is more important for running HM TfB is not that you have all 61 mods and Augments, but how you are optimized. Certain setups raise a red flag that the person is not on top of their class when picking what shells/mods/augments to use.
While some classes set bonus is weak, some make a huge difference. When I see an Arsenal Merc with no set bonus, I know they will be trouble. Loosing that free Rail Shot on my Merc means I have to use Rapid Shots more often to get rid of heat, thereby loosing DPS. When you see a Jugg tank with 29K HP because all their augments are Endurance, it makes you question their skill as a player.

I certainly does not mean you will be unable to run the op, but the fear is that the rest of the team will have to work harder to make up for your deficiencies. Like my example of the high HP Jugg tank, the healers will have to spend more time healing that person because their mitigation will be less. You heal HP of damage, not percentage of total health. Less mitigation means more HP of damage. Large HP pools defining a tank is EQ1 times.
I would totally disaggree on the tank thing. I think its pretty much common sense that primary stats for a tank are 1) damage reduction and 2) HP. There is no better way to mitigate dmg than by those 2 stats. Forget shield and defense chance since they will not mitigate consistently. A tank stacking endurance, thus increasing his HP is doing the exact right thing. Hence your reasoning is pretty much off-base.

sang's Avatar


sang
10.02.2012 , 08:06 AM | #19
I'm talking about the hard enrage of the boss in phase 2. Upon entering phase 2 of the fight in 16m hm you have roughly 8 minutes and 30 seconds to kill TFB. If the boss is not completely dead within that time, he will enrage, regardless of what part of the phase he is in or what tentacles are alive or dead.
Sang - Sangz - Sanglol - Sanglul - Sangrawr - Sangocity

Sithcreep's Avatar


Sithcreep
10.02.2012 , 08:18 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by sang View Post
I'm talking about the hard enrage of the boss in phase 2. Upon entering phase 2 of the fight in 16m hm you have roughly 8 minutes and 30 seconds to kill TFB. If the boss is not completely dead within that time, he will enrage, regardless of what part of the phase he is in or what tentacles are alive or dead.
"completely dead" Funny!