Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Denova HM 8, Kephess droids calibrating until inmune to damage

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Denova HM 8, Kephess droids calibrating until inmune to damage
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AshlaBoga
10.02.2012 , 02:32 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks, just wanted to let you know that we are currently investigating this issue. Thank you for bringing this up and thank you for your patience.
Mr. Gonzalez, this isn't an issue, it actually took away the monotony of Explosive Conflict for a bit. Please do NOT remove this.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Griad
10.02.2012 , 03:11 AM | #72
Its supposed to be like that before the patch the droid would get a damage debuff instead of a damage deflection buff, so the more they got of the stack the more damage they took which was never intended
Elder Jedi - pre-cu jedi enforcer - pre-publish 9 dark jedi master.

Proud member of DILIH Red Eclipse

NrDLeipe
10.02.2012 , 03:16 AM | #73
We cleared it yesterday its quite easy just make sure you have 2 ppl with interrupts on each droids and you should be fine, the rest of the grp kills the droids 1 by 1, just make sure you communicate good for who interrupts when
The wrath of the empire knows no bounds

KVork
10.02.2012 , 04:54 AM | #74
Great mechanics, i thought it was something wrong with droids before, they took a lot more dmg that intended as far as i see it. I actually really like this mechanic, opener part now has some difficulty
They took us by supprise on first time, on second one we got peeps divided into teams and interrupting in order and drones went down nicely.

Dont remove this pls .
Not a servant of the Force, Master I am.

winterau
10.02.2012 , 05:30 AM | #75
This appears to be easy for the people that have already cleared Denova, but for those of us still trying to make our way through it, this change makes it pretty hard.

Please consider leaving this in for nightmare, but give those few of us still trying to beat it for the first time the same amount of slack as everyone else got for so long.

ZeridanShear
10.02.2012 , 06:02 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by winterau View Post
This appears to be easy for the people that have already cleared Denova, but for those of us still trying to make our way through it, this change makes it pretty hard.

Please consider leaving this in for nightmare, but give those few of us still trying to beat it for the first time the same amount of slack as everyone else got for so long.
This. Fantastic for those of you that have done it over and over since 1.2, but for those still working on it, leave it for Nightmare mode.

lordsteel
10.02.2012 , 07:54 AM | #77
Took us a few wipes to figure out what adjustments we needed (special props to our RL Padraic), but went smooth overall. Naturally i died the last second of the fight, but it wouldn't be a good Kephess fight with out me dying :

Frapped and YouTubed it. It's all from a Secondary Tank perspective so not the best Video to see the changes, but maybe those that are still having trouble can pick through it and figure out what they need.

We ended up splitting our force between the three droids and rotating interupts on each with each group. Even doing that we still missed a few, but the fight is doable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP32dVrZ_3s&feature=plcp

This was our 3rd Kephess kill, 1st since the patch. Also first one where we had the majority of our raid force still alive.....lol
Looking for a family that you can game with for life? Check out Grievance at www.grievanceguild.com !

vdbswong
10.02.2012 , 10:24 AM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by lordsteel View Post
Took us a few wipes to figure out what adjustments we needed (special props to our RL Padraic), but went smooth overall. Naturally i died the last second of the fight, but it wouldn't be a good Kephess fight with out me dying :

This was our 3rd Kephess kill, 1st since the patch. Also first one where we had the majority of our raid force still alive.....lol
Congrats on your kill!

I wish the group i ran with was like this, instead of deciding it was "********" and wasn't worth the time to figure out what changes needed to be done.

daemain
10.02.2012 , 01:11 PM | #79
I still completely disagree with this. Can you get around the bug, absolutely. Does it to me create a new and exciting challenge, absolutely not. I am sure that this was not an intentional addition to the game. You're thanking BioWare for making a mistake and encouraging this behavior in the future.
Daemian

Spatology
10.02.2012 , 02:49 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by Spatology View Post
The droids reach full calibration in fewer stacks then on 8man because of more availible interupts. They might have reduced the stacks to bring it in line with 16 since most classes have an interupt now.
By the time the other 2 droids are down, your other tank should have had enough interupts to keep it below 6 stacks by himself. This allows for the rest of the raid to catch the last droid before full calibration and keep it that way with all the interupts in the raid on the same droid.

This change makes all phases of the fight "dangerous" instead of fodder for fight progression.

I'm lovin it.