Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HM TFB gear req.

mikeeeeey
10.01.2012 , 12:05 PM | #1
Just a quick question, I'm a mercenary dps in full black hole gear augmented and I was wondering if I could do tfb in full black hole gear?

RanisTheSlayer
10.01.2012 , 12:12 PM | #2
For HM TFB you need to be in properly itemized rank 61 mods and armorings, with proper augments in your gear. Check your class forums to see what those numbers would be.

However, playing your class well and having deep understanding of where to be and what to be doing at any given time are what's going to get you through TFB HM. Gear is only about 20% of what you need to be successful there.
Ranis
Lethal Dose Fifty
Jedi Covenant's #1 DPS Sage
Server First 8M and 16M HM Terror From Beyond 5/5

Codek
10.01.2012 , 12:18 PM | #3
What else could you possibly pick up to improve yourself if you are already full BH with augments? Sure you can min/max the mods/armorings/enhancements for the best stats but that is hardly required for at least the first few bosses.

If you play your character right, you should do just fine.
~Codek

mikeeeeey
10.01.2012 , 01:54 PM | #4
Was just making sure was turned down by a group because i wasn't campaign geared thanks for the input

DarkForster
10.01.2012 , 04:31 PM | #5
IMHO for Arsenal merc; 20khp+ full 61 , BH implants/ear with 4 set bonus & full augs.

Unbuffed 30% crit, 75% surge, 99.89+% acc.

Lostpenguins
10.01.2012 , 04:46 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by mikeeeeey View Post
Was just making sure was turned down by a group because i wasn't campaign geared thanks for the input
If you have BH gear your stats are fine, but your set bonuses may be pretty key for your class. I know for Marauders our 2-set and 4-set are basically a joke. If you need the set bonus though, go run some instances where you can obtain columi or rakata gear and put your 61 mods into those and augment those. Rakata and below retain their set bonus with their shell so sticking BH gear in Rakata or Columi is just the same as wearing Campaign gear, minus the aesthetics.

mikeeeeey
10.01.2012 , 05:05 PM | #7
Yup that's what I did all my rakata gear has bh in it so I have my 4 set bonus ok thanks again for the info guys

-Yui-
10.01.2012 , 05:12 PM | #8
I believe skill > gear.

Our guild was doing HM TfB in PvP gear, and we were downing the boss way ahead of the hard enrage.

Using a parser, we found DPS who was getting 1300+ on the first boss was golden. If your tanks know what they're doing and your healers do too, it's a fight for anyone above itemized Rakata (most of us were in itemized WH, which is roughly on par).

But, once again, skill > gear. Some players out there can do 1300 on first boss in a mixture of Rakata / Columi, which is perfect for the rest of the operation.
Yuii

Aerro
10.01.2012 , 05:18 PM | #9
Without properly itemized gear- you will not get 5/5. You will be able to squeak out 4/5 with skill alone, but the last boss is quite the gear/execution check.

For reference to Merc DPS requirements, head over to my guide in my signature.
Arsenal DPS Guide
One of the leading Mercenaries in a World Progression Guild.

Banegio
10.01.2012 , 07:35 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by -Yui- View Post
I believe skill > gear.

Our guild was doing HM TfB in PvP gear, and we were downing the boss way ahead of the hard enrage.

Using a parser, we found DPS who was getting 1300+ on the first boss was golden. If your tanks know what they're doing and your healers do too, it's a fight for anyone above itemized Rakata (most of us were in itemized WH, which is roughly on par).

But, once again, skill > gear. Some players out there can do 1300 on first boss in a mixture of Rakata / Columi, which is perfect for the rest of the operation.
Thanks for the info. Nice to know there are people clearing HM TfB in WH gear. Have you guys cleared 5/5?

My guild has a good mixture of pvp-focus and pve-focus members. So we will like to mix and match and get some pvpers to experience the new content too. Our pve progression group has cleared HM TB 5/5 in augmented campaign gear. The first two bosses should pose no problem. I felt the thrid boss might be a bit of gear check (well we might not be executing the best of strat).

It will be good to know group in WH gear was able to down the third boss. The last two bosses would be more about mechanics and coordinations than gear.