Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Improving Annihilation/watchmen PvE DPS?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
Improving Annihilation/watchmen PvE DPS?

IAmViiOLENT
10.01.2012 , 12:33 AM | #1
Heya guys, did some parses today on my marauder (I'm over here because this forum looks more active than the counterpart AC's...).

After editing out the blank few seconds after hitting the dummy I had 2009 dps. (Before was 1991 dps)

http://www.torparse.com/a/25942/time...738/1349133092

I dont have my 61 OH hilt yet (still a 58), but here is how my gear is setup. Any thoughts/tips? I just hit 50 on this toon bout a week ago, and been loving it. So far my favorite of any of my toons thus far.
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...c-4cea52ee1f0e

bliapis
10.01.2012 , 02:43 PM | #2
Your dps looks over the top for some reason. Maybe you have like 10millisec ping and you dont lag at all (dreaded ability lag), because your fight is also a 6 minutes run which is the normal for correct parses. Also its on tor parse but stil 2k dps is kinda crazy.

I have full L61 gear and i output 1750-1770dps.
i5 2500k OC @ 4Ghz | Thermaltek Hyper TX3 air cooler | 8gb Corsair Vengeance | Asus GTX580 CU | Asus Maximus IV GenZ/Gen3 | Thermatek 750W PSU -==- Server: Fredon Nad (EU)// Characters: [B]Vanguard L50: Clipjunkie// [B]Sentinel L50: Seithan// Juggernaur L50: Shaithis // Sorcerer L42: Rasthavas

IAmViiOLENT
10.01.2012 , 05:27 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by bliapis View Post
Your dps looks over the top for some reason. Maybe you have like 10millisec ping and you dont lag at all (dreaded ability lag), because your fight is also a 6 minutes run which is the normal for correct parses. Also its on tor parse but stil 2k dps is kinda crazy.

Yeah, I've been looking through spreadsheets for DPSCraft on marauders and see that theoretically, I should be able to top out nearly 2100, and really looking for a way to come to that point.

I have an average 40-50 ms ping on my server, and use the operations dummy I bought for my ship. I open with Force Leap >Deadly Saber(Overload Saber) > Battering Assault (Zealous Strike) > Rupture (Cauterize) > Annihilate (Merciless Slash) > Ravage (Master Strike > and from there follow a priority of reapplying dots the second they fall off and keeping at least 7 rage built up to maintain annihilator and keep up any DoT at any time.

imo, its a pretty simple class rotation/priority, I've been finding the carnage/combat spec to be more challenging if anything once you input Rupture into that rotation. After optimizing gear for that I've been able to hit very low 1900's which is competitive to 2k, but looking to get that higher too.

JediNg
10.01.2012 , 07:27 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by bliapis View Post

Likewise, I'm only getting ~1700

Edit: ah, he has might stim and rakata adrenal. guess that makes more sense
Ritha
The Harbinger
Formerly from Ahazi, Dec Oct 2003 - Nov 2005

arkitip
10.01.2012 , 08:45 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by IAmViiOLENT View Post
Yeah, I've been looking through spreadsheets for DPSCraft on marauders and see that theoretically, I should be able to top out nearly 2100, and really looking for a way to come to that point.

I have an average 40-50 ms ping on my server, and use the operations dummy I bought for my ship. I open with Force Leap >Deadly Saber(Overload Saber) > Battering Assault (Zealous Strike) > Rupture (Cauterize) > Annihilate (Merciless Slash) > Ravage (Master Strike > and from there follow a priority of reapplying dots the second they fall off and keeping at least 7 rage built up to maintain annihilator and keep up any DoT at any time.

imo, its a pretty simple class rotation/priority, I've been finding the carnage/combat spec to be more challenging if anything once you input Rupture into that rotation. After optimizing gear for that I've been able to hit very low 1900's which is competitive to 2k, but looking to get that higher too.

Carnage becomes very 2nd nature, but when you get set in a rotation you get uncomfortable with any change to it and your DPS suffers.

For example, I've topped out at 1900 with no adrenals and no Bloodthirst. I do not Force Scream on CD, and only use it during Gore windows. Theoretically, I'd do more DPS using Scream on CD but it just has never been comfortable for me.
Also, I have to build up 30 Fury stacks before using Bloodthirst. If I use Frenzy and then Bloodthirst it screws with how I build my Fury stacks to coincide with Gore window.

IAmViiOLENT
10.01.2012 , 10:35 PM | #6
No bloodthirst, no Adrenals, top out at 1900 in annihilation, so I suppose they are indeed almost the same DPS wise.

Why wouldnt you use a might stim and full buffs btw if parsing for a raid environment?

Im interested in what Ill be doing in a raid, more than anything tbh

JediNg
10.01.2012 , 11:53 PM | #7
No bloodthirst, no Adrenals, top out at 1900 in annihilation, so I suppose they are indeed almost the same DPS wise.

Why wouldnt you use a might stim and full buffs btw if parsing for a raid environment?

Never said there was anything wrong with it
Ritha
The Harbinger
Formerly from Ahazi, Dec Oct 2003 - Nov 2005

OMGitsCHARLIE
10.02.2012 , 08:40 AM | #8

On a good night w/o ability lag this is what I get on my sentinel. 1900 with no Inspiration (bloodthirst) and adrenals. I am fully buffed with my rakata stim.

Gear: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...8-c5a79dbae1d7
yummies - cleavette - moo'shu - i'm'faddycakes

IAmViiOLENT
10.02.2012 , 12:20 PM | #9
Good to see that there are some dual wielders with numbers similar to mine.. been asking around on server and most maras were topping out at 1800 max... Slightly disappointed.

OMGitsCHARLIE
10.03.2012 , 01:03 AM | #10
Most around my server have been topping about 1750-1800.

Did a no Inspiration/Adrenal parse:

http://www.torparse.com/a/26971/time...743/1349247103
yummies - cleavette - moo'shu - i'm'faddycakes