Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Denova HM 8, Kephess droids calibrating until inmune to damage

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Denova HM 8, Kephess droids calibrating until inmune to damage
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Slayeromen
10.01.2012 , 01:58 PM | #61
and it only took a week to acknowledge there was a question.

enoax
10.01.2012 , 02:10 PM | #62
I like the change. Please leave it.
enoa - sage - harbringer
chauser - gunslinger
crryra - assassin

Giolon
10.01.2012 , 02:20 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks, just wanted to let you know that we are currently investigating this issue. Thank you for bringing this up and thank you for your patience.
Thank you. I look forward to the answer, whichever way it goes.
Da'ru Ar'lya - Jedi Seer
~Giolon~

wallywaffles
10.01.2012 , 04:27 PM | #64
We did it last night without any problems using our normal strategy, with a healer helping out on the last droid.

If you're facing the walker the droids we kill in order are 2 - 1 - 3. We find this order is helpful to avoid the AoE shots from the walker. We have one tank on droid 2 and one tank on droid 3 while the DPS take out droid 1. A healer helps interrupt droid 3 while the DPS move to droid 2. By the time we kill the third droid it usually has 3 stacks; even if just the tank was interrupting we wouldn't have hit 8.

Jawstheshark
10.01.2012 , 05:11 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by wallywaffles View Post
We did it last night without any problems using our normal strategy, with a healer helping out on the last droid.

If you're facing the walker the droids we kill in order are 2 - 1 - 3. We find this order is helpful to avoid the AoE shots from the walker. We have one tank on droid 2 and one tank on droid 3 while the DPS take out droid 1. A healer helps interrupt droid 3 while the DPS move to droid 2. By the time we kill the third droid it usually has 3 stacks; even if just the tank was interrupting we wouldn't have hit 8.
Curious what your groups' dps output is and if you have actually done 8man HM this since the change.

Before the change I would agree 100% with your timing estimation. Since the change, the damage reduction on the bots greatly slows how fast they die if you do not get the majority of the interrupts. That was the first thing my group noticed... Why is the first bot taking so long to die...

wallywaffles
10.01.2012 , 05:17 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Jawstheshark View Post
Curious what your groups' dps output is and if you have actually done 8man HM this since the change.

Before the change I would agree 100% with your timing estimation. Since the change, the damage reduction on the bots greatly slows how fast they die if you do not get the majority of the interrupts. That was the first thing my group noticed... Why is the first bot taking so long to die...
Hmm, that's a fair point, we were probably a bit overgeared. With 4 DPS on the first droid it shouldn't get any stacks though. Our group was pretty much all melee though so that also helps with interrupts (kinda painful on T/Z though). Compared to the Trandoshans and the tank swaps it still seemed like the easiest part of the fight next to pulse droids, but maybe it was just our high DPS as you suggest.

Boxer
10.01.2012 , 06:19 PM | #67
Heh, I always assumed it worked that way.

My 8 man group would always send a tank with a fast interrupt to droid 3, a tank with a slower interrupt to droid 2, and everyone else on droid 1.

They'd blow through the first droid and the second would still just be at two stacks by the time they got there, if that tank interrupted well, but even just 3 if he didn't. The 3rd would be at 4 stacks, and easily killable with everyone on it.

Spatology
10.01.2012 , 06:22 PM | #68
The droids reach full calibration in fewer stacks then on 8man because of more availible interupts. They might have reduced the stacks to bring it in line with 16 since most classes have an interupt now.

Slayeromen
10.01.2012 , 06:46 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by Spatology View Post
The droids reach full calibration in fewer stacks then on 8man because of more availible interupts. They might have reduced the stacks to bring it in line with 16 since most classes have an interupt now.
You know i did not think of the interrupts added to other classes.. Guess this would make quite a bit of sense. Going to try it tonite so we shall see!

CJAShadow
10.02.2012 , 01:49 AM | #70
...Its not a heal intensive part of the fight. 4 dps run to kill the far droid, 1 healer 1 tank per other.

Tank gets first interrupt, healer gets second. Repeat....

I understand if you miss 1 or 2, but this is all the tank and the healer really have to worry about. Focus on the cast bar and you will be fine.

Healers heal until its about 5 seconds from the last interrupt, and then wait for a chance to interrupt, then get back on healing. Tank gets next one.

I dont know what everyone is complaining about that is farming this, if anything they should change mechanics every couple months so you have to stay on your toes and actually play instead of be on autopilot.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lock- Master Zhar Lestin
Cyann- Harbinger