Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why all the crying?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why all the crying?

Cybridwarform
10.01.2012 , 03:25 PM | #1
The pvp in this game is fine, i don't understand why everyday its a tear-fest?

No i don't play a smash jugg or a mara etc... I play a sniper and i have 0 complaints. People just need to learn to synergize and play off their team members strength and weakness'

Am i the only one who feels the game is fine? Has the human race lost its will to adapt? :-\
Agent: What if i brought you flowers?
Kaliyo
: I would go find a man instead.
-A true woman.

UGLYMRJ
10.01.2012 , 03:30 PM | #2
Normally I would agree with you... but bad change after bad change is making me feel like a prostitute and BW is my pimp. I pay... and they slap me in the face anyways.

I was one of the loudest defenders of BW and this game but seriously... it's like they do the exact opposite of what the players want and ask for.

This... pretty much sums up how I think a lot of people feel.

Eillack
10.01.2012 , 03:34 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Cybridwarform View Post

No i don't play a smash jugg or a mara etc... I play a sniper and i have 0 complaints. People just need to learn to synergize and play off their team members strength and weakness'

Am i the only one who feels the game is fine? Has the human race lost its will to adapt? :-\
How does one adapt to constant stun lock...? PvP is bad now: fact. The crap Pugs probably aid this process, but Pre-1.4 and Post-1.4 are completely different and obvious, and adaptation can only go so far against poor implementations / changes.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Cybridwarform
10.01.2012 , 03:38 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
How does one adapt to constant stun lock...? PvP is bad now: fact. The crap Pugs probably aid this process, but Pre-1.4 and Post-1.4 are completely different and obvious, and adaptation can only go so far against poor implementations / changes.
I have yet to have any issue with "stun locks" but then again i do have my breakfree keybound, i have quick reaction times, and i know when to use it. Every day i see more and more high level players blowing a breakfree on the first sap which gives me the really big impression alot of the "stun lock" issues is people simply not knowing what to do in a PVP enviroment.
Kaliyo
-A true woman.

L-RANDLE
10.01.2012 , 03:47 PM | #5

Let's see here:
Bad change in resolve
Buff to Rage spec/No Mara/Sent nerf
No "net" buff to DPS Merc/Sorc
No reasonable full tank spec
No solo ranked
Bugged backfill
No cross-server
Lack of World PvP

All of which happen to be very viable beefs and were complained about since 1.2. Still not fixed/implemented. IMO the PvP community as a whole probably thinks the resolve change alone might kill all PvP in this game. Its makes some sad and some pi$$ed. Its only because they want to stay....
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

Apaolo
10.01.2012 , 03:51 PM | #6
Removing the penalty of filling resolve was dumb, and catered to bads, and yes this does in fact allow you to be stunned more often.

Everything else that broke with 1.4, par for the course.

NamikazeNaruto
10.01.2012 , 03:54 PM | #7

Well maras/juggs can't leap to you as a sniper and therefore usually avoid you, you can no longer be stunned from 30m range and pulled, you can entrench if anyone gets near you, therefore you don't have to worry much about this new dumb resolve system. I understand why you wouldn't have complaints.

L-RANDLE
10.01.2012 , 03:54 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Apaolo View Post
Removing the penalty of filling resolve was dumb, and catered to bads.
That's why it made me sad... Let's blame mara/sents and the baddies for the death of PvP.
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

Cybridwarform
10.01.2012 , 04:33 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
Let's see here:
Bad change in resolve
Buff to Rage spec/No Mara/Sent nerf
No "net" buff to DPS Merc/Sorc
No reasonable full tank spec
No solo ranked
Bugged backfill
No cross-server
Lack of World PvP
1.Before or after i have no issues with resolve.
2.I was a little let down with no merc/sorc dmg increase but likewise they both got very nice survival toys thus increasing DPS UPtime.
3.Full tank spec... name me a game that this has ever worked. LOL.
4. this isn't league of legends or starcraft. Its an MMO play with others.
5. Ill give u the bugged backfill, yes that is a patch bug.
6.BW already said it might not be possible and if so it will be a LONG time before this happens. If u expeced that in this patch well, u should keep in touch with the dev interviews more.
7. Has nothing to do with this patch or the patch notes. in Prophecy of Five we have massive world PVP every saturday and people constantly in the world starting trouble. -Sorry if your experience isn't as good.

I guess the majority of people think this is wow, where crying gets you something. This isn't WoW where ur cattle and are fed grain. Welcome back to the human race. All blizzard did was generate 7 years worth of cows. People just need to adapt.
Kaliyo
-A true woman.

Apaolo
10.01.2012 , 04:45 PM | #10
The WoW meme reply got old in December.

Move on to something else already, lol. Moving on...

Yes, most gamers get unhappy when tons of content gets broken with a patch in their preferred gameplay option, coupled with head scratching changes to a system that caters to incompetent players who don't understand basic strat.

Those silly, silly WoW whiners, how dare they voice their discontent.