Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

If SWG came back would there be enough subs for 5 devs?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
If SWG came back would there be enough subs for 5 devs?

Chiricahua
09.30.2012 , 09:51 PM | #1
I think that's how many devs they had near the end. I had 3 accounts which was $45 per month, but I had fun. I miss the crafting. I even miss the surveying and harvesting. Miss my DL-44 smugglers pistol too. I wanted to get that huge vehicle garage just before they decided to pull the plug. I was going to turn it into a work shop and outfit with vendors.

Wolfninjajedi
09.30.2012 , 09:53 PM | #2
SWG is already coming back in several EMUs, ProjectSWG is the NGE one where its up to the last 15min of the game, theres also gonna be some new things in it too. Theres also a pre-cu one, just look around and you'll see em.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Henu
09.30.2012 , 11:26 PM | #3
i WANT to go back to SWG but it would not be the same without my old mates Huntsya and brafi i miss you two
Kript - SNX - Harby, Yes its a PVE server but honestly there isn't a lot of open world PVP on the other servers anyway.

Eillack
10.01.2012 , 07:02 AM | #4
SWG was dead before the plug was finally pulled. Servers were turning into ghost towns and people left in droves. I miss that game still, but it was dead long before it was put out of its misery.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

jarjarloves
10.01.2012 , 07:55 AM | #5
they can't charge for subs. I think they can ask for donations but it would get really dicey if they start to make some serious money.

Sweetiepies
10.01.2012 , 09:43 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
they can't charge for subs. I think they can ask for donations but it would get really dicey if they start to make some serious money.
Are you right on the money or what. LA are notoriously litigious. I guarantee you they have an eye on these projects, and if a legitimate dime is made off of the property, they'll get it shut down.

Wolfninjajedi
10.01.2012 , 10:18 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Sweetiepies View Post
Are you right on the money or what. LA are notoriously litigious. I guarantee you they have an eye on these projects, and if a legitimate dime is made off of the property, they'll get it shut down.
Well considering so far that the EMUs haven't been shut down..moreso the NGE one because they have added/are adding things that the actual game didn't make I don't think they'll get shut down. They have added some much bigger ships for space(corvette frigates, Neb B frigates, lamba shuttles, cargo ships etc), they also added a female walk/run animation, heck they are also putting in new species, chiss, talz to name a few.

They may also added in Hoth, Bespin and Ord Mantell as actual planets.

Eillack
10.01.2012 , 01:08 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Well considering so far that the EMUs haven't been shut down..moreso the NGE one because they have added/are adding things that the actual game didn't make I don't think they'll get shut down. They have added some much bigger ships for space(corvette frigates, Neb B frigates, lamba shuttles, cargo ships etc), they also added a female walk/run animation, heck they are also putting in new species, chiss, talz to name a few.

They may also added in Hoth, Bespin and Ord Mantell as actual planets.
Hmmmm interesting indeed. Maybe oneday I'll check that out...lol I still have SWG launcher on my laptop even haha.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Wolfninjajedi
10.01.2012 , 02:23 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
Hmmmm interesting indeed. Maybe oneday I'll check that out...lol I still have SWG launcher on my laptop even haha.
It'll be free, so why not?

maxetius
10.01.2012 , 04:29 PM | #10
As long as there's erp erotica im there. Wouldn't be SWG without it!

Also, dance to become Jedi! i loved that.