Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Chosen 16-man HM TFB kill videos


Cabiria's Avatar


Cabiria
10.01.2012 , 01:09 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Aerro View Post
Maybe I was experiencing a bug, because standing ontop of a raid member allowed me to do damage to them (thus boosting my DPS as well).
The "cloud" does 2 things:

First it deals damage to you every few seconds... something like 3-4k per tick.

Second, each of your attacks deal somewhere between 2-3k per tick on your target.

I accidentally picked up the cloud when moving to kill a beacon so that's how I know. It doesn't deal damage to people around me because no one else took damage when I was stacked with the group.

One of the reasons you want to the tank to pick it up is because it makes it easier for healers because the tanks are really the only ones who are supposed to take damage during that phase (exception to ranged DPS for slimes). But also because it helps them with threat because of the +2-3K damage they deal because from what I can tell, holding threat on the Tunneling Tentacles is quite exhausting.
Trois (Merc DPS) /// Cabiria (Jugg tank) /// Gradisca (Sorc healer)
<Chosen> // Officer
Prophecy of the Five
www.chosen-guild.com

Aerro's Avatar


Aerro
10.01.2012 , 12:09 PM | #12
I was merely talking about PTS :x It may have been a bug but you could damage your raid members 100%. I assumed it transferred over to live but I guess that is not the case. My bad!
Arsenal DPS Guide
One of the leading Mercenaries in a World Progression Guild.

Craxim's Avatar


Craxim
10.01.2012 , 01:09 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Cabiria View Post
First it deals damage to you every few seconds... something like 3-4k per tick.
Our tanks were taking varied damage, I know I was taking a solid 941 a tick and it never changed, our PT tank said his was vary from 300 a tick to 1200 a tick sometimes. Just trying to help clarify for anyone reading that it's not quite as strong as you said here. Everything else in your post was spot on though.
Aoroc Jugg Tank -||- Maul Tankasin

Cabiria's Avatar


Cabiria
10.01.2012 , 01:32 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Craxim View Post
Our tanks were taking varied damage, I know I was taking a solid 941 a tick and it never changed, our PT tank said his was vary from 300 a tick to 1200 a tick sometimes. Just trying to help clarify for anyone reading that it's not quite as strong as you said here. Everything else in your post was spot on though.
I think that was mostly because I, as a merc DPS, accidentally picked it up so I was taking a bit more damage that the tanks would. lol
Trois (Merc DPS) /// Cabiria (Jugg tank) /// Gradisca (Sorc healer)
<Chosen> // Officer
Prophecy of the Five
www.chosen-guild.com

Craxim's Avatar


Craxim
10.01.2012 , 01:34 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Cabiria View Post
I think that was mostly because I, as a merc DPS, accidentally picked it up so I was taking a bit more damage that the tanks would. lol
Touche! lol
Aoroc Jugg Tank -||- Maul Tankasin