Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I've gone through the first three pages - Queuing for WZ/FPs rationale?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
I've gone through the first three pages - Queuing for WZ/FPs rationale?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Cakellene
09.30.2012 , 11:34 AM | #21
A simpler solution, IMO, would be that if your turn comes up while you're in a WZ it skips you but keeps your place in queue for once WZ is over.
What part of Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn don't you understand?

mothear
09.30.2012 , 12:27 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Cakellene View Post
A simpler solution, IMO, would be that if your turn comes up while you're in a WZ it skips you but keeps your place in queue for once WZ is over.
This is a much more reasonable solution than giving an incentive for people to leave, like it used to do

HelinCarnate
09.30.2012 , 12:36 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Cakellene View Post
Agree, but if someone else comes along and wants your spot for the GF, they should get it if you are in a WZ and then you would be put back at the top of the list. Once you get out you would be given a message that you are at the top of the list.
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.
http://www.swtor.com/r/mB5FPn obligatory referral link.

FourTwent
09.30.2012 , 02:12 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Voranis View Post
Because 95% of WZ leavers do so the moment it looks like a loss.
and here we have the logic of 95% of the casuals on this forum(see what i did there)

Trollokdamus
09.30.2012 , 02:17 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by aurellian View Post
I agree that my post is offensive, but I was offended myself by the original post. If I'm in a warzone, it is frustrating to me for a person to quit either because we're losing OR because they've decided to go do their flashpoint.
It can indeed be frustrating, but this is how i see the situation:
A random WZ is the same as a random FP. It's a PuG (pick up group). Noone owes anything to anyone except performing their role while a part of the group. This means, even if it's considered impolite and rude, noone is bound to stay for the whole match/run. People can leave whenever they want.
Yes, by doing so they put their former team into disadvantage, but this is how the system works. The only things devs can do is either completely forbid leaving the FP's and WZ's before they are completed (which is ridiculous), or implement some sort of penalties.
As a player, you can overcome the said issues by playing in an organized group, let it be a pre-made or a guild run. This is why people organize into guilds, no matter PvP or PvE focused - to have reliable people at their side.

If I'm queued for a flashpoint, it's frustrating for me to have to wait for that person to finish their warzone before they join our queue for the flashpoint. Supposed they're in a tight huttball game and it goes the full 15 minutes? Why should I have to wait for you to complete ALL the content you want to complete before I can start the content I want to start? What makes your time better or more valuable than mine?
Well, you're definitely not waiting endlessly for a person to click his "ready" button. When a FP group is formed, there is a 1 minute window for everyone to accept their roles. If a person doesn't do it for any given reason in the said time frame, he's booted from the queue and the remaining people are placed on top of the list.

Roalmo
09.30.2012 , 04:01 PM | #26
So how about them cross-server FPs?

HelinCarnate
09.30.2012 , 06:33 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
It can indeed be frustrating, but this is how i see the situation:
A random WZ is the same as a random FP. It's a PuG (pick up group). Noone owes anything to anyone except performing their role while a part of the group. This means, even if it's considered impolite and rude, noone is bound to stay for the whole match/run. People can leave whenever they want.
Yes, by doing so they put their former team into disadvantage, but this is how the system works. The only things devs can do is either completely forbid leaving the FP's and WZ's before they are completed (which is ridiculous), or implement some sort of penalties.
As a player, you can overcome the said issues by playing in an organized group, let it be a pre-made or a guild run. This is why people organize into guilds, no matter PvP or PvE focused - to have reliable people at their side.

Well, you're definitely not waiting endlessly for a person to click his "ready" button. When a FP group is formed, there is a 1 minute window for everyone to accept their roles. If a person doesn't do it for any given reason in the said time frame, he's booted from the queue and the remaining people are placed on top of the list.
Ok then can we get the ability to put people on ignore and not have to queue warzones with them too so we don't have to deal with people like you more than once? While there is no actual punnishment to leave we do have the ability to ignore those we do not want to group with for GF so we do not have to deal with them more than once if they make our game less enjoyable. Why not allow the same for Warzones?
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.
http://www.swtor.com/r/mB5FPn obligatory referral link.

Ster-Ling
09.30.2012 , 07:01 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by HelinCarnate View Post
Ok then can we get the ability to put people on ignore and not have to queue warzones with them too so we don't have to deal with people like you more than once? While there is no actual punnishment to leave we do have the ability to ignore those we do not want to group with for GF so we do not have to deal with them more than once if they make our game less enjoyable. Why not allow the same for Warzones?
I'm for this. Any functionality that lets me exclude known toolbags from my gameplay experience is a great idea.

Also:

yo dawg i herd u like 2 q so i put a q in ur q so u can q while u q

Motlow
10.01.2012 , 12:42 PM | #29
I'm not actually against this so much as i'm against the group finder que's being so long. if they fix that problem then most of us don't give a flying you know what about warzones. Lets cross server this bad boy and actually fix the problem.

anakedcowboy
10.01.2012 , 12:57 PM | #30
What I'm hearing is people saying they want to be able to stay in their group finder queue while they're playing a warzone and that it no longer possible. I'm assuming here, but the accepted practice seems to be that you will enter your flashpoint when the queue pops whether you're in the warzone or not, or you will enter your flashpoint after you've completed your warzone. Is that right? Because if that's right, that's the most asinine thing I've ever heard of. You want the ability to leave the warzone you're in, in effect hurting 7 other people who are sharing that time with you, (clearly their time isn't as important as yours) so you can do the flashpoint you want to do. OR, your plan is to make 3 other people wait for you, (clearly their time isn't as important as yours either) to begin their flashpoint while you finish your warzone? Man you're just the most important person in this game and everyone should schedule their play time around your schedule and be honored that you've chosen to play with us eh?
The loss to a warzone team is minimal when warzones backfill instantly or near instantly.

If you're a DPS, it can easily take anywhere from 1-3 hours for a HM FP queue to pop (especially if you're trying for a specific FP like lost island).

Seriously sit for a second and think about the alternatives. You can now choose between sitting at your screen and doing ostensibly nothing with other people (you can't group or PVP at all) while you wait for group finder to cycle through all the DPS who queued before you. It makes a lot less people want to queue for one or the other, which increases queue times even further.