Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Much faster speeders.

Goretzu
10.01.2012 , 12:11 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Actually, if you notice, you have to jump over things that you are supposedly floating above. So, the speeders are on the ground, but like Luke's speeder in the film, the wheels that actually touch the ground have just been fudged out.

I wonder if they used Vasoline, like Lucas did back then?

You mean Luke's Speeder wasn't really using repulsorlift technology in the films!
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Wraiven
10.01.2012 , 12:18 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by BurnedRemains View Post
Is this a possibility? Current "speeders" are more like "slowers."
Don't worry about all these, "Fine as is folks", man. You have a lot more people who agree with you than you think. If you want a majority of the opinions concerning speeders and how slow they are, all one needs to do is ask around in game. You will find very few people feel they are "fine as is" and the only people who think they are "fine as is" are the Epeen attitudes who tend to post these boards.'

Have to remember, Forums of an online MMO tend to attract people who have Epeen personalities. Most people who do not have this type personality tend to shy away from the boards because of the flack they run in to when they actually do post.

Just calling it like I see it.

In before the "But you are posting too, Wraiven."
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-

Wraiven
10.01.2012 , 12:20 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by MrGrizzly View Post
Two words: Render Time

If you go too fast you wouldn't see enemies until you were in their attack field. When you are on Taxi's you don't have to worry about being attacked. I'm with you guys; I'd like faster speeders, but I suspect this is the reason they are the speeds they are.
That could easily be fixed if they were to render much sooner than 30 meters away. Just sayin.
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-

ZORG
10.01.2012 , 12:42 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Celand_Gend View Post
Usain Bolt can only run that speed for short bursts. Try running at that speed for several miles.
Your car tops out at higher speeds but you also have to be more careful on how you navigate. One wrong turn and your dead. They could change that as well. Careful what you wish for
Yeah Imagine they make the speeders faster but now decay and break down and need maintainence.
Fear leads to Anger
Anger leads to hate
HATE leads to suffering

Anzel
10.01.2012 , 12:42 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
Don't worry about all these, "Fine as is folks", man. You have a lot more people who agree with you than you think. If you want a majority of the opinions concerning speeders and how slow they are, all one needs to do is ask around in game. You will find very few people feel they are "fine as is" and the only people who think they are "fine as is" are the Epeen attitudes who tend to post these boards.'

Have to remember, Forums of an online MMO tend to attract people who have Epeen personalities. Most people who do not have this type personality tend to shy away from the boards because of the flack they run in to when they actually do post.

Just calling it like I see it.

In before the "But you are posting too, Wraiven."
But you are posting here too!!!!!! :P

But seriously... I was super disappointed when I realized that a.) Speeders only went 110% and b.) You didn't get your first speeder until 25. I remember the massive religious debates we had in beta about how, "level 25 was fine" and, "shut up and quit QQ'ing they are never going to change that, etc. etc. etc.".

Well looky looky. Guess who is driving around in a 110% speeder with a level 10 character? Reminds me of 10 minute shuttle times in SWG (yeah I'm going there) or respec costs or mod removal costs or no sprinting until level 15 or 16 or or or or or or....

Look. This is a GAME. It's not work. You are not really "achieving" anything by spending countless hours of your time mindlessly grinding out some imaginary currency or tokens or what have you. Nobody... and please really really really take this to heart.... NOBODY cares if you're a level 90 troll or fairy or whatever. It's entertainment. Period.

Make the speeders faster. Remove the mod extraction costs. Lower the level for all speeders to 10. Etc. etc. etc. Or at least FFS put it all in the Cartel Shop so those of us who spend all day grinding out real life currency can enjoy the couple hours or so per week we actually get to play. Thanks in advance.
ANZEL - Master Bounty Hunter - Corbantis Galaxy - 06/23/2003
ANZEL - Bounty Hunter / Mercenary - The Corbantis Legacy - 12/13/2011
ANZEL - SWG EMU - CORE 1 Developer - 06/2006

CosmicKat
10.01.2012 , 03:27 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Anzel View Post
Look. This is a GAME. It's not work. You are not really "achieving" anything by spending countless hours of your time mindlessly grinding out some imaginary currency or tokens or what have you. Nobody... and please really really really take this to heart.... NOBODY cares if you're a level 90 troll or fairy or whatever. It's entertainment. Period.

Make the speeders faster. Remove the mod extraction costs. Lower the level for all speeders to 10. Etc. etc. etc. Or at least FFS put it all in the Cartel Shop so those of us who spend all day grinding out real life currency can enjoy the couple hours or so per week we actually get to play. Thanks in advance.
Uh... MMO's are not for people who have a "..couple of hours or so per week". Changing MMO's to cater to people who have no business playing MMO's has almost ruined the entire industry. But why stop there? Lets...

Make Real Time Strategy games turn-based!
Make First Person Shooters non-first person, non-shooters!
Remove puzzles from puzzle games!
Get rid of sports from sports games!

The possibilities are endless. We could totally destroy every gaming genre by removing those pesky things that define the genres.

Khevar
10.01.2012 , 03:36 PM | #67
The game can barely draw the game's highly detailed worlds fast enough for the speeders we have now. There's no way they can make them much faster without you riding off into the matrix whenever you speed off on one.

Sorry, it's just not possible with this kind of game. Racing games cheat by not drawing out the entire world, leaving graphic holes in places where you cannot go, etc.. There is no way to use those kind of design cheats in a MMO built to this degree of detail.

The taxi speeders are PLENTY faster than the 110% speeders and the game can draw fast enough to keep up with it.

Kourage
10.01.2012 , 04:19 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashu-ri View Post
110% of running speed isn't fast enough for you?
Quote: Originally Posted by BurnedRemains View Post
Obviously not. These speeders are super slow. I'm thinking 200-300% would be great.

They increase run speed by 110%.
They don't travel at 110% of running speed....
Looking for a good woman. Able to clean, cook, sew, catch bait, and clean fish. Must have boat and motor.
((Please send picture of boat and motor))

Goretzu
10.02.2012 , 03:33 AM | #69
you have to jump over things that you are supposedly floating above.
Along those lines it might be good to have a 2 speed system. Places like the Fleet, city worlds and inside towns the current speeds might be ok.

But places like Hoth, Tatooine, Belsavis etc. in the wide open bits speeders could go 3x the speed without any real trouble.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Oyranos
10.02.2012 , 05:58 AM | #70
you cant have more than 110% at tade, because your cloths falling through the engines and they bug the engines...

especially cars... they look HUUUUGE monsterous.. and if you look underneath, you see the cloths of the character hanging.. HAHAHAHAHAHA really bad disign.