Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Much faster speeders.

Goretzu
10.01.2012 , 06:44 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Tordos View Post
If I were designing mounts, I would have those custom crafted speeders orange and moddable, so the potential to make your speeder >110% could be achieved similar to how augments work. Like upgrading your ship but instead for speeders. You could also reverse engineer certain speeders for a chance to get the schematic to create an orange version of that speeder for a sizeable amount of materials.
Yeah this would be a nice idea, that and/or some way to custom colour your speeders.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Xenith
10.01.2012 , 06:46 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by BurnedRemains View Post
Is this a possibility? Current "speeders" are more like "slowers."
This is true. I wish they were about 100% fast, at least.
Peace is a lie... and so is your Order.
CE_VIP

Goretzu
10.01.2012 , 09:59 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Skiritai View Post
Boy after playing lotro for so long with top speed horse, even the 90% speed (what I have now) is a dream. I don't see an issue here lol
I think with LOTRO it's the quality of the landscapes (and that you are on a horse) that help mitigate that.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Anzel
10.01.2012 , 10:20 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Durasturan View Post
LVL1: 13Mph x 180% = 23.4.........(or + 90%for 40k"7)
LVL2: 13Mph x 200% = 26Mph......(or + 100% for 210k"7)
LVL3: 13Mph x 220% = 28.6Mph...(or + 110% probably way too much)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=391142

The math has been done. The most expensive super advanced ultra high tech flying hover bike is about as fast as Usain Bolt, a human, can run. My car tops out at about 6 times faster. It is absurdly and annoyingly slow.
Oh wow... you beat me to it but yeah. 110% faster than I can run doesn't seem fast for a vehicle of any kind LOL. Am I the only one here old enough to drive an actual vehicle??? Cause mine goes a bit faster than that. Has nobody seen ROTJ? The speeders on Endor seemed WAY faster than 110% faster than running speed.

C'mon guys. This is STAR WARS. There are certain expectations you know.
ANZEL - Master Bounty Hunter - Corbantis Galaxy - 06/23/2003
ANZEL - Bounty Hunter / Mercenary - The Corbantis Legacy - 12/13/2011
ANZEL - SWG EMU - CORE 1 Developer - 06/2006

MrGrizzly
10.01.2012 , 10:25 AM | #55
Two words: Render Time

If you go too fast you wouldn't see enemies until you were in their attack field. When you are on Taxi's you don't have to worry about being attacked. I'm with you guys; I'd like faster speeders, but I suspect this is the reason they are the speeds they are.
MrGrizzly
http://www.torverse.com
The TORVerse Podcast

Urael
10.01.2012 , 10:49 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
To nitpick, none of the mounts in SWTOR are on the ground, they all fly, they just fly 0.5 m of the ground.
OK, I'll play. To nitpick: They don't fly. They hover.

Goretzu
10.01.2012 , 10:52 AM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Anzel View Post
Oh wow... you beat me to it but yeah. 110% faster than I can run doesn't seem fast for a vehicle of any kind LOL. Am I the only one here old enough to drive an actual vehicle??? Cause mine goes a bit faster than that. Has nobody seen ROTJ? The speeders on Endor seemed WAY faster than 110% faster than running speed.

C'mon guys. This is STAR WARS. There are certain expectations you know.

Yeah just a bit faster.
Quote:
They were capable of reaching speeds up to and beyond five hundred kilometers per hour, and had a flight ceiling of twenty-five meters.

Goretzu
10.01.2012 , 10:54 AM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
OK, I'll play. To nitpick: They don't fly. They hover.

Hovering is just stationary flight. (and yes technically hovercraft also "fly").

Picks un-nitted.

bahdasz
10.01.2012 , 12:01 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by JunkyardWolf View Post
Well if you looked under the seat you would know why. Right above the VIN number on the manufacturer plate it says...YUGO
Mine says FIAT, I can't decide which is worse. But seriously, let's get some big open worlds to explore without a ton of narrow canyons and mob spawns so thick you don't dare leave the path... then I'll be all about fast fast speeders.

Blackavaar
10.01.2012 , 12:08 PM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
To nitpick, none of the mounts in SWTOR are on the ground, they all fly, they just fly 0.5 m of the ground.
Actually, if you notice, you have to jump over things that you are supposedly floating above. So, the speeders are on the ground, but like Luke's speeder in the film, the wheels that actually touch the ground have just been fudged out.

I wonder if they used Vasoline, like Lucas did back then?

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]